Page 90 of 182 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #891
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh.....huh.
    It seems you do not understand the sentence. Do you understand?

  2. #892
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,767
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wait...your previous standard was retail.

    Are these retail?

    No.

    But..you don't care....and yet you still are trying to make an argument.....and you can't even remember your OWN ARGUMENT!
    You seemed to think Wal-Mart's bribery was important. I was just trying to look into your claim. Turns out to be more fantasy.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #893
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The descent into incoherence is complete.
    To hell with your debate tactics, Jack, you previously accused me of "running" from not backing up documentation that documented itself.

    You might try regaining your integrity before you start accusing me of incoherence. Your playing dumb to already provided documentation are examples of your incoherence.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #894
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You seemed to think Wal-Mart's bribery was important. I was just trying to look into your claim. Turns out to be more fantasy.
    You already showed you believe it is unimportant, but here you are bringing it up again without the context, comparing it bribery for purchasing of products.

    You were better off letting it go, ignoring it.....you just keep on showing your dishonest debate tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #895
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    What sort of "democracy" forces people to join?
    No one is forced. The contract says what it says.

  6. #896
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,526

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    You missed the point of logic. Your rant has none.
    Ah, the left's double standard in full effect.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #897
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    He owes the union nothing. What if he got his job before the union negotiated a new contract, and the union members got the same package he did? By your thinking, then everyone else owes him dues.
    By all means explain what this is suppose to mean. I'll gladly wait.

  8. #898
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,767
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You already showed you believe it is unimportant, but here you are bringing it up again without the context, comparing it bribery for purchasing of products.

    You were better off letting it go, ignoring it.....you just keep on showing your dishonest debate tactics.
    Lefties cornered by their own hypocrisy are always amusing.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #899
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I already documented how WM shrinks the job market, it is not due to their efforts to increase min wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, since retail employment would be higher with higher wages, decreasing SNAP dependency.
    OK, I don't want to be disrespectful, but you haven't documented any such things, because you cannot. The assertions are untrue, they defy both elementary economic theory and evidence.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  10. #900
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    They did that here in Michigan - simply left empty buildings when moving to bigger ones. The buildings were left to deteriorate, weeds infesting the parking lot, and it became eyesores in the community.

    Sure, they have for sale signs up but in Michigan in this economy, such availability is more common that tatoos in a prison.
    Not the same thing. They close old stores after they have made money, then build bigger stores as a further investment to make even more money.

    Apples an oranges from building a store then never even opening the doors.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •