Page 73 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #721
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Wal-Mart created neither the predominance of Chinese manufacturing nor the public subsidies for the poor. Wal-Mart does, however, serve the poor in ways that other businesses do not. Wal-Mart's ethical position is not only sound, it is vastly preferable to that of its critics.
    I disagree since Walmart is responsible for 11% of the growth for the US trade deficit. As far as your other point, they don't serve the poor by producing the working poor. If you like the way this business profits through government subsidies by all means love this business model

  2. #722
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Among professional economists, predatory pricing is pretty much considered a myth. If you think I'm amking this up, Wikipedia has a brief explanation: Predatory pricing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Most support for the idea is political, not economic.
    So this is it...this is what you have to present as an example of your studying this issue..... a weak wiki link?

    Try this for starters:

    A History of Japanese Trade and Industry Policy - Mikio Sumiya - Google Books
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #723
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I disagree since Walmart is responsible for 11% of the growth for the US trade deficit. As far as your other point, they don't serve the poor by producing the working poor. If you like the way this business profits through government subsidies by all means love this business model
    Wal-Mart is responsible for 0% of the US trade deficit.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #724
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Wal-Mart is responsible for 0% of the US trade deficit.
    Wow....this is coming from a guy who when given articles detailing various aspects of how Walmart has negatively impact US industry.....whines over and over again that the article did not substantiate the contention.......who now has the temerity, the gall, to make comment like this.

    Hypocrisy knows no bound with you, Jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #725
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Because companies cannot be trusted with setting a minimum wage, a government should do that, preferably through healthy discussions with companies/unions/etc. because it is always better if common ground can be found, but if that is impossible than the government should take it's responsibility.
    Isn't your argument basically saying that people can't be trusted to make sure they agree to terms that benefit them?

  6. #726
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Wal-Mart is responsible for 0% of the US trade deficit.
    So, the double digit billions in imports did not cause any of the trade deficit?
    Last edited by rabbitcaebannog; 07-12-13 at 09:23 PM.

  7. #727
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Among professional economists, predatory pricing is pretty much considered a myth. If you think I'm making this up, Wikipedia has a brief explanation: Predatory pricing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Most support for the idea is political, not economic.
    FYI, the HP PC I have now, parts made in China, assembled in Mexico, was priced three years ago in Best Buy at $1750. It was maybe worth $750 in hindsight. Like I said earlier-----------Breathtaking levels of price gouging...........................

  8. #728
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wow....this is coming from a guy who when given articles detailing various aspects of how Walmart has negatively impact US industry.....whines over and over again that the article did not substantiate the contention.......who now has the temerity, the gall, to make comment like this.

    Hypocrisy knows no bound with you, Jack.
    By definition, no retailer can be responsible for a trade deficit. And I note you are still dodging.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #729
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    So, there double digit billions in imports did not cause any of the trade deficit?
    No. The products were available, legal and in demand. That would have arrived one way or another.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #730
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    By definition, no retailer can be responsible for a trade deficit. And I note you are still dodging.
    By what definition, Jack? A trade deficit is defined as imports exceeding exports. When an international corporation like walmart is capitalizing on cheap imports and practices domestic policy that closes down US producers, then yes Jack, they are responsible for their share of the trade imbalance.

    PS...the article substantiated the evidence contained within it.

    You on the other hand continually fail to substantiate ANYTHING you post.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •