Page 60 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #591
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Have not looked into it in that detail. I know the current minimum wage is not enough and although I personally would like to see it around $30K I seriously doubt it would need to be that high. Guessing 22-25K ?
    You understand that such a move would eliminate job opportunities for young people seeking their first jobs? I don't understand the willingness to crush young people.

    Makes zero sense to me.

  2. #592
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I did not call anyone a liar. What I said was that we don't know at this point what the truth is. There is a difference. ...sigh...
    You are the one casting doubt upon the employees...so lets hear the evidence for this doubt.

    I notice you completely sidestepped your reasoning for believing the CBC deliberately posted this story on a certain day....again, where are you getting this?

    Their is a pattern here, it is pro-corporation, pro Walmart.....while you claim to not support Walmart.

    Very confused posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #593
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Correct. "Sisyphean" is essentially toiling endlessly to no effect. Kinda like debating Righties.
    post: Or from the other side of the aisle, like debating Lefties! :

  4. #594
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not necessarily true. I would rather spend more for better quality of goods and service.
    Of course. Holding quality constant, obviously.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  5. #595
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    How would US consumers benefit from purchasing US goods?

    You really need that one answered....or is this just libertarian selfishness at play?
    I don't know, you tell me. How DO consumers benefit from higher-priced goods [quality held constant]?
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  6. #596
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    You people do realize that DC is so over-developed that land costs like a million dollars a square inch as opposed to other places Walmart goes I hope.

  7. #597
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Look at the bright side 5 lives a year will be saved from being trampled at the rediculis black Friday scam.
    Hi, captainawesome.



    :

  8. #598
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Oh yea I have no issue with options or even cheap stuff, just saying sometimes you really get what you pay for.
    I agree and would even say that most times you get what you pay for. Sometimes cheap is good enough. Sometimes the real value is in buying the best. Choices the good.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #599
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    How would US consumers benefit from purchasing US goods?

    You really need that one answered....or is this just libertarian selfishness at play?
    What is in the best interest of the consumer? Paying more for a product or less? Like it or not, paying less at the store is in the interest of the consumer as it allows their income to go further. Besides, paying more at the store doesn't mean they will in turn be paid more, nor does it mean they will be able to buy as much as they could before, but then it doesn't mean they will be able to buy less automatically either. The fact is that for the consumer there is no reason to pay more when they could just as easily pay less. One of the keys to success is being able to provide a product for cheaper than your competitor and as a consumer there is very little reason to support someone that can't do this.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-12-13 at 07:04 PM.

  10. #600
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    I don't know, you tell me. How DO consumers benefit from higher-priced goods [quality held constant]?
    Um, consumers benefit from buying domestic product by having the profits remain with the country.

    Allowing below cost products to gain market share destroys domestic manufacturing, wipes out domestic jobs. It is a race to the bottom that only benefits the international corporation.

    But being a libertarian, you are in favor of international corporations doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •