Page 57 of 182 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #561
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    That's a hell of a statement right there. What sort of contribution to the decline of US manufacturing does Wal-Mart make? Be specific.
    You are absolutely free to return to the posting that lists the multiple ways Walmart has caused declines in manufacturing:


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062045808

    Quote it and show how it is inaccurate.....that would be more that what Jack can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #562
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, this is not true, the largest retailer on earth does influence manufacturing substantially as i already documented.

    You are not making fact based argument, you are relying still on rhetoric and ad hominem.
    What you documented is a claim of such influence. That claim itself is nothing more than an unsubstantiated assertion. That's like claiming real dollar face value for play money.

    What you want to avoid is a discussion of lefty ideology injuring the poor.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #563
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    So what we have here is an employee who just flipped the bird to a customer, and was obviously proud about it.
    Liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #564
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    National coverage? If the story is on the net, it is global.

    But this sidesteps my question.....if the story is true, how does it NOT reflect badly on Walmart?

    If at base Walmart cares for animals, why then would it fire an employee for letting a customer know that leaving their pet in a closed car could be harmful?

    Is your argument that how a company acts should be ignored? And besides, if YOU did not want this story to get MORE attention....why bring it up?
    We don't know at this point if this story has any truth to it. Anyone can give any excuse for being fired, and it doesn't have to be the real reason. It serves to make people angry at Wal-Mart, though, which is doubtless why it was chosen.

    The topic of this thread is Wal-Mart, which is why I pointed out the coincidence that said story about Wal-Mart hit the news today. It seemed an appropriate choice. BTW, I don't believe in coincidences, nor do I shop at Wal-Mart. I prefer to shop at local businesses that support the sport teams in our town.

  5. #565
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    What you documented is a claim of such influence. That claim itself is nothing more than an unsubstantiated assertion.
    Um, no, it is substantiated in fact.

    Denial is not a counter to fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #566
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Liar.
    Booo!

  7. #567
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are absolutely free to return to the posting that lists the multiple ways Walmart has caused declines in manufacturing:


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062045808

    Quote it and show how it is inaccurate.....that would be more that what Jack can do.
    That link makes no sense. Kerry quotes?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #568
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    We don't know at this point if this story has any truth to it. Anyone can give any excuse for being fired, and it doesn't have to be the real reason. It serves to make people angry at Wal-Mart, though, which is doubtless why it was chosen.
    Your argument is that CBC decided to run the story to cause anger towards Walmart.....and that the employees fired are liars? Anything to back this up?

    The topic of this thread is Wal-Mart, which is why I pointed out the coincidence that said story about Wal-Mart hit the news today. It seemed an appropriate choice. BTW, I don't believe in coincidences, nor do I shop at Wal-Mart. I prefer to shop at local businesses that support the sport teams in our town.
    Let me get this, Walmart is reported on daily, some of it negative.....and this little story was a planned event...by the Canadian Broadcast Company?

    Really?

    sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #569
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    I am glad you are so pleased with subsidizing their work force. On average, any county where their is a Wal-Mart; $250,000 in taxes are required to subsidize the existence of their employees. You don't think a person that works 40 hours a week is entitled to a living wage? You support the idea that Billion Dollar corporations should have their labor force subsidized by the tax paying public? Yes I expect ever employer to pay a living wage so we the tax payers don't have to. It's not about the employee. I need my lawn mowed so why don't you pay someone to come and mow it for me since your so in favor of subsidizing other people's wealth.
    What is your definition of "living wage?" Is it subject to change when everything costs more than it used to last week?

  10. #570
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    I am glad you are so pleased with subsidizing their work force. On average, any county where their is a Wal-Mart; $250,000 in taxes are required to subsidize the existence of their employees. You don't think a person that works 40 hours a week is entitled to a living wage? You support the idea that Billion Dollar corporations should have their labor force subsidized by the tax paying public? Yes I expect ever employer to pay a living wage so we the tax payers don't have to. It's not about the employee. I need my lawn mowed so why don't you pay someone to come and mow it for me since your so in favor of subsidizing other people's wealth.
    How much would be required to subsidize their existance if Walmart wasn't in the county?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •