Page 50 of 182 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #491
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Sarcasm & irony go way above your ability don't they?
    Oh, how little you know.

  2. #492
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I would see a situation like that as kidnapping and that is a legal matter.
    If it were then I suppose the local District Attorney would be involved. No mention in the article that the D.A. ever did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Here where I am the manager of the store told her employee to use a floor cleaner that had an internal combustión engine while customers were present.

    I got a hedache from it.

    I found her and yelled at her about it.

    She looked stunned I said anything.

    That does not show anything about Wal-Mart itself, just a stupid manager.
    No idea what your talking about or what it has to do with WalMart, whatsoever.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Yes, I say that you're wrong and you can't possibly support the assertion that "right-to-work" law means that collective bargaining contracts must be pre-approved (whatever you mean by that). And, of course, you don't support that assertion with facts since you can't because it's wrong and you go on to claim you're right, anyway. Yes, it's easy enough to see who's being dishonest here.
    Free riders destroy systems. They destroy insurance, and business and unions. The law forces unions to accept free riders. So the law dictates the terms of the contract beforehand. Thus undermining collective bargaining rights.

  4. #494
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Free riders destroy systems. They destroy insurance, and business and unions. The law forces unions to accept free riders. So the law dictates the terms of the contract beforehand. Thus undermining collective bargaining rights.
    The fact that unions must accept free riders means that they have to do a better job of selling the value of their services in order to get the highest revenue in Union Dues. It does not mean that the law dictates the terms of the contract beforehand. You can't make an honest connection between "right to work law" and "the law dictates the terms of the contract beforehand". If the latter was the case, then there wouldn't be any unions at all in right to work states. Instead, we have pissed off unions that are miffed because they don't get to automatically receive a piece of every employee's paycheck.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #495
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    They don't just serve the poorest consumers, they also tend to make the poorest consumers. Those in D.C. won't be missing anything without these Walmarts in there.
    On the contrary - by lowering the cost of living, they increase the relative wealth of the poorest consumers.

  6. #496
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Free riders destroy systems. They destroy insurance, and business and unions. The law forces unions to accept free riders. So the law dictates the terms of the contract beforehand. Thus undermining collective bargaining rights.
    Now that's an interesting statement. Where?

  7. #497
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,312

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Now that's an interesting statement. Where?

    Unless I totally misunderstand the situation, the unions force companies to accept free riders, and closed shop laws back it up.

  8. #498
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Unless I totally misunderstand the situation, the unions force companies to accept free riders, and closed shop laws back it up.
    If it is the unions that are forcing companies to compensate free riders in alignment with union compensation packages, then unions are suicidally stupid. Methinks that is unlikely.

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The fact that unions must accept free riders means that they have to do a better job of selling the value of their services in order to get the highest revenue in Union Dues. It does not mean that the law dictates the terms of the contract beforehand. You can't make an honest connection between "right to work law" and "the law dictates the terms of the contract beforehand". If the latter was the case, then there wouldn't be any unions at all in right to work states. Instead, we have pissed off unions that are miffed because they don't get to automatically receive a piece of every employee's paycheck.
    The union must accept open shop and free riders. That is government dictating contract terms.

  10. #500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Unless I totally misunderstand the situation, the unions force companies to accept free riders, and closed shop laws back it up.
    No unions negotiate a contract. Business can say no it yes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •