Page 49 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #481
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Unions have no Rights. I am pretty sure most states are right to work. What a misnomer for of a name.
    (1) The term “person” includes one or more individuals, labor organizations, partnerships, associations, corporations, legal representatives, trustees, trustees in cases under title 11, or receivers.

    (5) The term “labor organization” means any organization of any kind, or any agency or employee representation committee or plan, in which employees participate and which exists for the purpose, in whole or in part, of dealing with employers concerning grievances, labor disputes, wages, rates of pay, hours of employment, or conditions of work.

  2. #482
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    ..... I am pretty sure most states are right to work. What a misnomer for of a name.
    It is a very appropriate name. You have a right to work in "right to work" states even if you don't have a Daddy or uncle that can "get you into the Union" in those right-to-work states. Unions can't keep anyone from working in right to work states so it's not a misnomer at all.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #483
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It is a very appropriate name. You have a right to work in "right to work" states even if you don't have a Daddy or uncle that can "get you into the Union" in those right-to-work states. Unions can't keep anyone from working in right to work states so it's not a misnomer at all.
    It means the government ended the right to to collective bargain by deciding contract terms beforehand.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    It means the government ended the right to to collective bargain by deciding contract terms beforehand.
    Nonsense. It merely means that Unions can't force everyone who works to pay dues nor can they restrict people who aren't union members from getting a job in what would otherwise be a union-controlled industry. Right to work laws are separate from collective bargaining laws.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Nonsense. It merely means that Unions can't force everyone who works to pay dues nor can they restrict people who aren't union members from getting a job in what would otherwise be a union-controlled industry. Right to work laws are separate from collective bargaining laws.
    It means the government decided the terms of the contract beforehand.

  6. #486
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    It means the government decided the terms of the contract beforehand.
    You'll have to explain that one since collective bargaining may absolutely take place in right-to-work states.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You'll have to explain that one since collective bargaining may absolutely take place in right-to-work states.
    Sorry I will not pander to your pretending to fail to understand.

  8. #488
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Sorry I will not pander to your pretending to fail to understand.
    translation from progressivese into English, "I hate it when my dishonest crap gets challenged and I've got nuthin'".
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #489
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    translation from progressivese into English, "I hate it when my dishonest crap gets challenged and I've got nuthin'".
    Who is being intellectually dishonest is easy to see.

  10. #490
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Who is being intellectually dishonest is easy to see.
    Yes, I say that you're wrong and you can't possibly support the assertion that "right-to-work" law means that collective bargaining contracts must be pre-approved (whatever you mean by that). And, of course, you don't support that assertion with facts since you can't because it's wrong and you go on to claim you're right, anyway. Yes, it's easy enough to see who's being dishonest here.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •