Page 37 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #361
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Exactly Republicans saw to that by passing anti union laws.
    Which ones violated their rights?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #362
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,689

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    And, given that people do not make decisions on how to allocate their time, resources, or labor based on taxes, we could use the hundreds of billions raised to give us all extra free stuff! This plan is perfect!!!
    Indeed. We would have created the perfect utopian society, all work is basically optional, education is free and we will all have everything that we need supplied to us by the all powerful government. Need a bigger house? No problem, just ask the gov't to give you one.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Since humans own corporations, human rights would tend to pass through the corporation, anyway. Not sure what you want to try to accomplish that you are barred from doing because of "rights" issues but it doesn't sound very honest or decent.
    Some humans own corporations some are only owned by corporations owning other corporations and just create paper trails to hide and steal. They use the laws that give corporations individual rights to harm individuals.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so someone flipping a burger, should be paid the same as someone like myself who has to do training every month and has to have a license to preform his job, which takes 2 years to acquire.

    were I have to use my brain to figure out electrical and mechanical problems....I don't think that's going to work.
    But it must work. It's only right to completely disassociate "earnings" with the concept of "earning" anything. It should be arbitrarily set by the government to insure everyone that works has everything they want out of life. I mean, why should a burger flipper make less than you just because his job takes no skill, training or intelligence, isn't challenging or difficult and millions and millions of people could do it standing on their head?</sarcasm>
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #365
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Exactly Republicans saw to that by passing anti union laws.
    Which the Citizens United case knocked down, freeing up Unions to engage in political speech.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Some humans own corporations some are only owned by corporations owning other corporations and just create paper trails to hide and steal. They use the laws that give corporations individual rights to harm individuals.
    Do they? How do they use laws that give corporations individual rights to harm individuals? What "individual rights" are leveraged in such an onerous fashion?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Do they? How do they use laws that give corporations individual rights to harm individuals? What "individual rights" are leveraged in such an onerous fashion?
    See Enron. I had friends that worked there. Hundreds of corporations created to hide money and liabilities.

    Each paper corporation had rights and could not just be investigated.

    So each new fake company started the process over.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    See Enron. I had friends that worked there. Hundreds of corporations created to hide money and liabilities.

    Each paper corporation had rights and could not just be investigated.
    But they WERE investigated. So how can you say they weren't?
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #369
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    But it must work. It's only right to completely disassociate "earnings" with the concept of "earning" anything. It should be arbitrarily set by the government to insure everyone that works has everything they want out of life. I mean, why should a burger flipper make less than you just because his job takes no skill, training or intelligence, isn't challenging or difficult and millions and millions of people could do it standing on their head?</sarcasm>
    I figured it was a put on, ..that's why I stated...I don't think that's going to work.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    But they WERE investigated. So how can you say they weren't?
    Right that is how we found they gamed the system with fake companies. Had investigators had authority to look at the books perhaps the disaster could have been avoided.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •