Page 178 of 182 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #1771
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, I'm not. I'm talking about taxes and the effect of the rate.
    The effect of the rate on .......please do continue to prove my point.

  2. #1772
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I know, we could stop trying to force socialized medicine on everyone.
    Oh, no. That trend was the reason Obama pushed through his plan. Health care costs are raising and because our system is market driven it is not socialized medicine.

  3. #1773
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Oh, no. That trend was the reason Obama pushed through his plan. Health care costs are raising and because our system is market driven it is not socialized medicine.
    Remove the regulations that disallow insurance companies to compete against each other and let the market do what it does. The market isn't creating higher healthcare costs, government regulations being placed on the insurance and medical industries is.

    Obamacare has nothing to do with providing everyone with health insurance. Stop acting like it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1774
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    The effect of the rate on .......please do continue to prove my point.
    On total revenue from income taxes.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #1775
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Remove the regulations that disallow insurance companies to compete against each other and let the market do what it does. The market isn't creating higher healthcare costs, government regulations being placed on the insurance and medical industries is.

    Obamacare has nothing to do with providing everyone with health insurance. Stop acting like it does.
    You mean no regulations? The market is creating higher cost when new and improved technology is available. Also, pharmaceutical cost here are much more expensive than anywhere else in the world. Also, we have a large aging population to consider who will have more health problems.

    Oh, and your last point is strawman.

  6. #1776
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    You mean no regulations? The market is creating higher cost when new and improved technology is available. Also, pharmaceutical cost here are much more expensive than anywhere else in the world. Also, we have a large aging population to consider who will have more health problems.
    No, I mean fewer regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #1777
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    On total revenue from income taxes.
    You mean...lowering rates raises revenue by increasing receipts. Your OP.

  8. #1778
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, I mean fewer regulations.
    Be more specific.

  9. #1779
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Be more specific.
    The regulation that prohibits health insurance companies from doing business across state lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1780
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    You mean...lowering rates raises revenue by increasing receipts. Your OP.
    Increasing tax receipts...personal income tax receipts.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •