Page 122 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #1211
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    NOW we're getting somewhere ... yes, the causes we can argue about (actually, you and I probably can't, others can), but the data are pretty clear, which is what you questioned ...
    Getting a bit wild with your "smiles" I see. Good afternoon bj...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #1212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Why is it that you feel the need to attack another personally rather than just discussing the issues?
    Because I'm a dick, double-barreled dick. So prove me wrong. Name one thing Obama, Reid or Pelosi has done that's good.

  3. #1213
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Because I'm a dick, double-barreled dick. So prove me wrong. Name one thing Obama, Reid or Pelosi has done that's good.
    There has not been a budget passed since FY10...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #1214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    There has not been a budget passed since FY10...
    Do you credit them all or merely one or two of them? And that's a good thing, you think?

  5. #1215
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Do you credit them all or merely one or two of them? And that's a good thing, you think?
    It's actually the best thing that could have happened given the circumstances and political division in DC. It has allowed what little economic growth there has been to naturally reduce the deficit...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #1216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    It's actually the best thing that could have happened given the circumstances and political division in DC. It has allowed what little economic growth there has been to naturally reduce the deficit...
    And thus new appropriations in a new budget, which Obama never had a chance to sign, passed the House that Pelosi is part of, but not the Senate that Reid is majority leader of, is somehow a good Obama, Reid Pelosi accomplishment? Not following.

    Also, it merely extends the Obama/Pelosi budget, since what it appropriates keeps on keeping on, until changed in a new budget appropriation.

    So if I'm reading you, Obama and Pelosi set the table for natural reduction in the deficit. Indeed that's a glowing review of them. I stand corrected. You're not a Righty Lemming. You're a Pelosi-Obamanista, and give them way more credit than I ever would.

  7. #1217
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    And thus new appropriations in a new budget, which Obama never had a chance to sign, passed the House that Pelosi is part of, but not the Senate that Reid is majority leader of, is somehow a good Obama, Reid Pelosi accomplishment? Not following.

    Also, it merely extends the Obama/Pelosi budget, since what it appropriates keeps on keeping on, until changed in a new budget appropriation.

    So if I'm reading you, Obama and Pelosi set the table for natural reduction in the deficit. Indeed that's a glowing review of them. I stand corrected. You're not a Righty Lemming. You're a Pelosi-Obamanista, and give them way more credit than I ever would.
    Obama signed the FY10 budget I believe. The FY11 budget appropriations/resolutions were not even taken up due to the 2010 elections. Then, once the results of that election were in gridlock has ensued ever since with the House passing its resolution, and Harry not even bringing a Senate version to the floor...

    With the baseline budgeting process used in DC, it's extremely difficult to decrease a projected rise in spending much less actually decrease anything, so yes, maintaining a status quo so to speak is the best that could have been expected...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #1218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Getting a bit wild with your "smiles" I see. Good afternoon bj...
    good afternoon Paul ... I was excited because the poster was questioning whether blacks were disproportionately poorer than whites, when the data are very clear on that ... but then he switched his argument to the causes for this disparity, which was a different thing entirely and something reasonable people can talk about (just not me with him since he had been trying my patience for some time and I couldn't trust myself to be nice ... and you know that being nice is almost like a religion for me) ...

  9. #1219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Obama signed the FY10 budget I believe. The FY11 budget appropriations/resolutions were not even taken up due to the 2010 elections. Then, once the results of that election were in gridlock has ensued ever since with the House passing its resolution, and Harry not even bringing a Senate version to the floor...

    With the baseline budgeting process used in DC, it's extremely difficult to decrease a projected rise in spending much less actually decrease anything, so yes, maintaining a status quo so to speak is the best that could have been expected...
    Indeed. Speaker Pelosi put together something they apparently could agree on. And that's the appropriation that's now in force, creating what you say is "natural deficit reduction." Seems you really, really like them, even more than I do.

    Go figure.

  10. #1220
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    good afternoon Paul ... I was excited because the poster was questioning whether blacks were disproportionately poorer than whites, when the data are very clear on that ... but then he switched his argument to the causes for this disparity, which was a different thing entirely and something reasonable people can talk about (just not me with him since he had been trying my patience for some time and I couldn't trust myself to be nice ... and you know that being nice is almost like a religion for me) ...
    I'm more interested in your thoughts on the thread's subject and whether or not you think the DC council acted in the best interest of its citizens in basically telling Walmart that it and its jobs were not wanted...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •