Page 110 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #1091
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I just looked up the word "pathetic" and they had your picture next to the word ... if you don't believe me, look it up ...
    Sure. Cut and run. That's what the leftists do when confronted with facts.

    It is only the leftists who use phrases such as "black people are too dumb and are easily fooled". No one else said that but you.

  2. #1092
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sure. Cut and run. That's what the leftists do when confronted with facts.

    It is only the leftists who use phrases such as "black people are too dumb and are easily fooled". No one else said that but you.
    Then no doubt I can expect an answer to my response ... soon?

  3. #1093
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Which part is spin and not actual history? And of course, how so?
    I expect people to come on this forum moderately equipped with enough facts to have an honest debate rather than taking the short cut from some web site they may have discovered in order to support whatever beliefs they may have.

    You have attempted to condense history from Columbus to the present in a couple of paragraphs and you want to know where you went wrong? These sort of 'sound bites' is the way history is now being taught and sold. Read a few serious books on your own and then talk history.

  4. #1094
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Italians, actually (FDR creating Columbus Day, even though Chris never set foot on soil which is now American).

    Irish were split between support of Northern Republican elites and Tammany Hall.

    The Democrats lost the South when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Bill.

    Black voters moved from the Party of Lincoln during FDR's admins, since lifting the country out of the Depression also greatly improved the lives of Black Americans. They feared Truman would be a Southern Dem (he had some uncomfortable associations with KKK and was quite bigoted) but after meeting with Black Leaders, and assuming mantle of president, of all Americans, Truman not only promised to continue FDR reforms, but did, overcoming his own prejudices.

    Meanwhile, Nixon's Southern Strategy seems to have had some legs, and even to this day, the GOP is on the wrong side of minority issues, reflexively ... and of course, running out of enough Angry Whites to offset the now unbeatable coalition of Liberal Whites and virtually every minority group, except anti-Castro Cubans, who are now even coming over to the Dem side due to the GOP being so anti-Hispanic in its rhetoric.
    your last paragraph is especially on the mark, and explains this racist backlash (exemplified on this thread by Grant) we're seeing from the GOP ... they're scared ... between 2000 and 2010, Latinos accounted for over 50% of the population growth in the U.S. ... the median ages of Latinos (71% for Obama), Blacks (93% for Obama), and Asians (72% for Obama) are all lower than that of whites ... last year, I believe it was, was the first time that there were more white deaths than white births - that was the case only for whites ... yet, the GOP, and clowns like Grant, keep alienating these groups (and let's not even talk about their war against women -- especially YOUNGER women) ... Did you hear what Steve King, one of the GOP's most prominent members said, about Mexican immigrants? if not, check out this gem ...

    The controversial comments focused specifically on so-called DREAMers, advocates for a path to citizenship for young undocumented immigrants, especially those with strong school records, who were brought to the United States by their parents. King acknowledged that there are undocumented immigrants for whom he has sympathy, with strong connections to the community and exemplary school performance.

    "But they aren't all valedictorians, they weren't all brought by their parents," King said.

    "For everyone who's a valedictorian there's another 100 out there that, they weigh 130 pounds and they've got calves the size of cantaloupes because they're hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert. Those people would be legalized with the same act."

  5. #1095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I expect people to come on this forum moderately equipped with enough facts to have an honest debate rather than taking the short cut from some web site they may have discovered in order to support whatever beliefs they may have.

    You have attempted to condense history from Columbus to the present in a couple of paragraphs and you want to know where you went wrong? These sort of 'sound bites' is the way history is now being taught and sold. Read a few serious books on your own and then talk history.
    Characterize it anyway you wish, but you've yet to point out why. So dodging is no better than cut and run.

    Answer the questions or run off. Your call.

  6. #1096
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I just looked up the word "pathetic" and they had your picture next to the word ... if you don't believe me, look it up ...
    Was it George Costanza who first used a line like this or was it earlier?

    Anyway it is typical of the Left's lack of originality or humor.

  7. #1097
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sure. Cut and run. That's what the leftists do when confronted with facts.

    It is only the leftists who use phrases such as "black people are too dumb and are easily fooled". No one else said that but you.
    you didn't look it up, did you?

  8. #1098
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Was it George Costanza who first used a line like this or was it earlier?

    Anyway it is typical of the Left's lack of originality or humor.
    Much earlier is my guess ... even earlier than this one: "You seem unaware that it is the Democrats who have always supported laws which would make Black people second class citizens, right from pre Civil War to today."

  9. #1099
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    your last paragraph is especially on the mark, and explains this racist backlash (exemplified on this thread by Grant)
    Where did i say anything racist? In fact it was you who said "(BTW, if you're going to give me the "black people are too dumb and are easily fooled" explanation, please don't bother.)"

    Is that not so?

  10. #1100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Much earlier is my guess ... even earlier than this one: "You seem unaware that it is the Democrats who have always supported laws which would make Black people second class citizens, right from pre Civil War to today."
    But that is true. Where is it in error?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •