Page 109 of 182 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #1081
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    only because you guys are always at war ... if it's not against women, it's against gays, or the poor, immigrants, blacks, Latinos ... ya gotta be in good shape and robust for that ...
    You seem unaware that it is the Democrats who have always supported laws which would make Black people second class citizens, right from pre Civil War to today.

  2. #1082
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You seem unaware that it is the Democrats who have always supported laws which would make Black people second class citizens, right from pre Civil War to today.
    good point ... and thanks ... I was wondering why Romney, McCain, and Bush got over or close to 90% of the black vote ... this explains it, doesn't it? (BTW, if you're going to give me the "black people are too dumb and are easily fooled" explanation, please don't bother.)

  3. #1083
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    good point ... and thanks ... I was wondering why Romney, McCain, and Bush got over or close to 90% of the black vote ... this explains it, doesn't it? (BTW, if you're going to give me the "black people are too dumb and are easily fooled" explanation, please don't bother.)
    Actually from the time Blacks were first allowed to vote to the 60s, Republicans generally did get the majority of the black vote. It wasn't until the Democrats realized they needed that black vote that they started pandering. Just like they pandered to the Irish.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #1084
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Oh; then it's a non sequitur. Walmart was pushing an initiative to get a variance in zoning and environmental regs, which failed. That's not the same as being required to pay a wage that does not lower the prevailing wage in a part of the country where GDP per capita is uniquely high. Walmart is a bottom-feeder. So kudos to DC for saying it's okie doke to enter its market, but just not if you're going to bottom-feed.

    Other areas of the country should take heed, and follow DC's lead, IMO.
    And Wal-Mart replies with "Nevermind. Leave your inner city underserved."

    Ever hear of an urban food-desert? The areas they were going to build these stores are just that.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #1085
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Actually from the time Blacks were first allowed to vote to the 60s, Republicans generally did get the majority of the black vote. It wasn't until the Democrats realized they needed that black vote that they started pandering. Just like they pandered to the Irish.
    Italians, actually (FDR creating Columbus Day, even though Chris never set foot on soil which is now American).

    Irish were split between support of Northern Republican elites and Tammany Hall.

    The Democrats lost the South when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Bill.

    Black voters moved from the Party of Lincoln during FDR's admins, since lifting the country out of the Depression also greatly improved the lives of Black Americans. They feared Truman would be a Southern Dem (he had some uncomfortable associations with KKK and was quite bigoted) but after meeting with Black Leaders, and assuming mantle of president, of all Americans, Truman not only promised to continue FDR reforms, but did, overcoming his own prejudices.

    Meanwhile, Nixon's Southern Strategy seems to have had some legs, and even to this day, the GOP is on the wrong side of minority issues, reflexively ... and of course, running out of enough Angry Whites to offset the now unbeatable coalition of Liberal Whites and virtually every minority group, except anti-Castro Cubans, who are now even coming over to the Dem side due to the GOP being so anti-Hispanic in its rhetoric.

  6. #1086
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    good point ... and thanks ... I was wondering why Romney, McCain, and Bush got over or close to 90% of the black vote ... this explains it, doesn't it? (BTW, if you're going to give me the "black people are too dumb and are easily fooled" explanation, please don't bother.)

    Once again it is a leftist who is making derogatory remarks about Black People. This is the kind of racial superiority, which has forever been the hallmark of the Democrats, that continues to this very day.

  7. #1087
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Actually from the time Blacks were first allowed to vote to the 60s, Republicans generally did get the majority of the black vote. It wasn't until the Democrats realized they needed that black vote that they started pandering. Just like they pandered to the Irish.
    Sure. Lyndon Johnson was well aware of the consequences. “I'll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years. [Touting his underlying intentions for the "Great Society" programs, LBJ confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One]”

    The victim was the Black family, at one time one of the strongest in the nation, to what we see now in Detroit and other urban centers.

  8. #1088
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Once again it is a leftist who is making derogatory remarks about Black People. This is the kind of racial superiority, which has forever been the hallmark of the Democrats, that continues to this very day.
    I just looked up the word "pathetic" and they had your picture next to the word ... if you don't believe me, look it up ...

  9. #1089
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Italians, actually (FDR creating Columbus Day, even though Chris never set foot on soil which is now American).

    Irish were split between support of Northern Republican elites and Tammany Hall.

    The Democrats lost the South when LBJ signed the Civil Rights Bill.

    Black voters moved from the Party of Lincoln during FDR's admins, since lifting the country out of the Depression also greatly improved the lives of Black Americans. They feared Truman would be a Southern Dem (he had some uncomfortable associations with KKK and was quite bigoted) but after meeting with Black Leaders, and assuming mantle of president, of all Americans, Truman not only promised to continue FDR reforms, but did, overcoming his own prejudices.

    Meanwhile, Nixon's Southern Strategy seems to have had some legs, and even to this day, the GOP is on the wrong side of minority issues, reflexively ... and of course, running out of enough Angry Whites to offset the now unbeatable coalition of Liberal Whites and virtually every minority group, except anti-Castro Cubans, who are now even coming over to the Dem side due to the GOP being so anti-Hispanic in its rhetoric.
    The Leftists always have their own spin on history. Little wonder so many American schools are failing.

  10. #1090
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The Leftists always have their own spin on history. Little wonder so many American schools are failing.
    Which part is spin and not actual history? And of course, how so?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •