Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #1041
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Explain what they did in Inglewood, CA?

    Also, perhaps as a self proclaimed dumb ass, you could provide some insight into Inglewoods current 11.4% unemployment, and what they did to WalMart there.
    It that a demand or a question in response?

  2. #1042
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    This is so funny....

    So Walmart offers to build stores hence adding 1000's of jobs and the greedy progressives tell Walmart to piss off because they don't pay enough... Then progressives have the ****ing audacity to pretend they don't have an entitlement complex???

    If these greedy idiots didn't have an entitlement complex they would allow Walmart to proceed as planned.

  3. #1043
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    It that a demand or a question in response?
    Yes it is.

  4. #1044
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    If I was Walmart I would say 'forget this nonsense' then construct a 1,000 foot office building at that site that resembles a hand flipping the bird with the middle finger resembling a gigantic dildo.

  5. #1045
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    It that a demand or a question in response?
    Where did you go?

    I thought the situation Walmart faced in Inglewood, CA was similar to D.C.. I was curious to read your take, in light of what you posted.

  6. #1046
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Yes it is.
    Oh; then it's a non sequitur. Walmart was pushing an initiative to get a variance in zoning and environmental regs, which failed. That's not the same as being required to pay a wage that does not lower the prevailing wage in a part of the country where GDP per capita is uniquely high. Walmart is a bottom-feeder. So kudos to DC for saying it's okie doke to enter its market, but just not if you're going to bottom-feed.

    Other areas of the country should take heed, and follow DC's lead, IMO.

  7. #1047
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Where did you go?

    I thought the situation Walmart faced in Inglewood, CA was similar to D.C.. I was curious to read your take, in light of what you posted.
    Nowhere; still sitting at my computer here in Kirkland, WA.

  8. #1048
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Oh; then it's a non sequitur. Walmart was pushing an initiative to get a variance in zoning and environmental regs, which failed. That's not the same as being required to pay a wage that does not lower the prevailing wage in a part of the country where GDP per capita is uniquely high. Walmart is a bottom-feeder. So kudos to DC for saying it's okie doke to enter its market, but just not if you're going to bottom-feed.

    Other areas of the country should take heed, and follow DC's lead, IMO.
    Ah, well, I guess your quick google shot provided that bit of info. To be fair, it would be unrealistic to expect you would know something about Walmart in Inglewood, CA.

    The bottom line for opponents of Walmart in Inglewood was the wage and the market "domination" issue. Among others who jumped on the "no to Walmart" bandwagon was Maxine Waters, and Jessie Jackson. In favor was the Mayor of Inglewood.

    Today, unemployment is, as I wrote, 11.4%, and the city is reeling from Sacramento's confiscation of Redevelopment Funds, and public employee pensions and benefits.

    Walmarts projected tax revenues would have been over $5 million per year to the city, which would more than cover the shortfalls.

    Walmart waved goodbye to the delapidated commercial area it planned to upgrade, and built stores in other areas.

    I'd suggest there are a few folks in Inglewood who would like to rethink the results from the manipulation of the race baiters who still ply their trade in the area.

    Hindsight once again is 20/20.

  9. #1049
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Ah, well, I guess your quick google shot provided that bit of info. To be fair, it would be unrealistic to expect you would know something about Walmart in Inglewood, CA.

    The bottom line for opponents of Walmart in Inglewood was the wage and the market "domination" issue. Among others who jumped on the "no to Walmart" bandwagon was Maxine Waters, and Jessie Jackson. In favor was the Mayor of Inglewood.

    Today, unemployment is, as I wrote, 11.4%, and the city is reeling from Sacramento's confiscation of Redevelopment Funds, and public employee pensions and benefits.

    Walmarts projected tax revenues would have been over $5 million per year to the city, which would more than cover the shortfalls.

    Walmart waved goodbye to the delapidated commercial area it planned to upgrade, and built stores in other areas.

    I'd suggest there are a few folks in Inglewood who would like to rethink the results from the manipulation of the race baiters who still ply their trade in the area.

    Hindsight once again is 20/20.
    If googling (verb) was what you thought I did that made b-slapping you so easy to do, it begs the question: why did you not inform yourself first with a quick google-shot? Hmmm?

  10. #1050
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Ignoring *who* the retailer is for a moment... Simply from a fairness and ethical standpoint, why does a store building over 75K s.f. make a difference?

    Oh, wait, you can't ignore who it is. That's the entire point of the legislation... thinly veiled to give the illusion of objectivity.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •