Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1820

Thread: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    The people decide through their elected officials and community groups and as individuals.

    A business license has traditionally required a company be an ethical member of the community.
    so an abortion clinic is ethical but Walmart isn't? what would you think would happen if a licensing board decided not to let an abortion clinic in their community because of reasons of ethics?

  2. #92
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,281

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    For people who can't figure this out for themselves, pointing it out won't help. One's efforts are better spent keeping them away from sharp objects and preventing them from eating paint.
    Any improvement in the economy is happening in spite of the idiot in the WH, as far as I'm concerned. The Left wants to think that their meddling policies are the saving grace of the universe, and that people sit in their offices just waiting for them to pass the next wonderful law that will make unicorns and rainbows suddenly appear. They think a 1% GDP increase every years is making **** happen, well I'm here to tell you that China is doing better than 3%, so the Left needs to come out of fantasyland. They gloat over 195,000 jobs "supposedly added" in a month, but with a population our size, it's a joke. And what KIND of jobs they don't say, as long as they're jobs right?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #93
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    There is always trouble when going against an organization with hundreds of billions of cash to fight.
    Or when trying to unionize employees that couldn't care less.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    so an abortion clinic is ethical but Walmart isn't? what would you think would happen if a licensing board decided not to let an abortion clinic in there community because of reasons of ethics?
    Abortion clinics pay more than minimum wage.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Or when trying to unionize employees that couldn't care less.
    That's true too.

    I bet they would want a way to not be forced to work off the clock.

    Walmart spends much cash bribing and threatening to maintain their unethical business.

  6. #96
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Walmart mostly only hires part time workers and pays their workers **** wages. They won't make enough to pay federal taxes and will still be on welfare and public housing. The only thing these workers will be contributing money to is thrift stores and stores that offer lay-away programs. The idea that these walmarts would benefit workers is totally absurd. The people who buy stuff from Walmart might benefit(assuming that stuff they buy doesn't break down), the tax payers in that town might benefit assuming the costs of welfare,food stamps and public housing those workers use does not exceed the sales taxes collected from walmart, the outsourced factors in china benifit and the owners of Walmart benefit.

    It's good to hate employers. I understand why some would think that.

    As I wrote, it seems some have bought into the idea that it's better to be unemployed and self rightous, than employed and a contributor.

    Most understand how the former is far more destructive than the latter.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    It's good to hate employers. I understand why some would think that.

    As I wrote, it seems some have bought into the idea that it's better to be unemployed and self rightous, than employed and a contributor.

    Most understand how the former is far more destructive than the latter.
    No it is good to have community standards and not allow a bully corparate entity to exploit the community.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What great way to kept them out of your town, just increase the minimum wage.


    Attachment 67150149

    Walmart says it will cancel its plans to build three new stores in D.C. if local lawmakers approve a bill that would force the retailer to pay its employees at least $12.50 an hour.

    Alex Barron, a regional general manager for Walmart U.S., writes in an op-ed published in the Washington Post Tuesday that the company feels the D.C. Council's proposed "living wage" legislation “would clearly inject unforeseen costs into the equation that will create an uneven playing field and challenge the fiscal health of our planned D.C. stores.”


    Walmart currently has three other new stores under construction in the area, and Barron says those stores will also be jeopardized if the bill passes.




    Read more: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes | Fox News




    Increasing minimum wage to $12.50/hr is a good way to kill business in general...

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Increasing minimum wage to $12.50/hr is a good way to kill business in general...
    Just unethical exploitation by robber barons. No decent business will be harmed.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Walmart says it will kill plans to build 3 new stores if DC wage bill passes

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Walmart mostly only hires part time workers and pays their workers **** wages. They won't make enough to pay federal taxes and will still be on welfare and public housing. The only thing these workers will be contributing money to is thrift stores and stores that offer lay-away programs. The idea that these walmarts would benefit workers is totally absurd. The people who buy stuff from Walmart might benefit(assuming that stuff they buy doesn't break down), the tax payers in that town might benefit assuming the costs of welfare,food stamps and public housing those workers use does not exceed the sales taxes collected from walmart, the outsourced factors in china benifit and the owners of Walmart benefit.
    wouldn't they get less assistants if they had work even if it is low wage part time work? and wouldnt that save the tax payer money?

    you liberals complain about food deserts that low income families do not have access to healthy food and fresh produce at a low price and isn't that one of the products that Walmart provides

    its you liberals that create those food deserts by not allowing companies into the areas to eliminate the problem

Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •