Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 367

Thread: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

  1. #341
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,274

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    THE study?

    What part of 'multiple studies' dont you understand??
    I completely understand. Most of the studies focuses on smaller areas, most using unreliable proxy data that requires one to assume the variables that are indeterminate.

    Do you comprehend that?

  2. #342
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,274

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Sigh. Again. Hansen. 1981, and again in 1988. Plus multiple revisions of the model in the 90s. All showed warming, and the warming... happened. So the prediction that we are now living in the warmest times in modern history was accurate.
    And how well do their models work for past climate?

    We have already seen that nearly all climate model created by these alarmists prove to have high error as the future unfolds. Have a single one by chance that is older, that has properly predicted this year?

    Farmers Almanac is more accurate. You know why? They study the sun.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Sigh. Again. Hansen. 1981, and again in 1988. Plus multiple revisions of the model in the 90s. All showed warming, and the warming... happened. So the prediction that we are now living in the warmest times in modern history was accurate.
    Oh really???

    What happened to the "global ice age?"

    It's either going to get warmer or cooler and both happen in cycles .... It gets warmer then it gets cooler (hence climate change and NOT global warming)... Of course most progressives cant acknowledge this because they have a difficult time understanding the concept of climate change over 4.5 billion years (or 3.5 to be more accurate give our "climate(s)" which will change and continue to change until the earth is swallowed by our sun in 7.5 billion years or just dies (which it will way before that)...

    Oh and if it really matters we're just coming off an ice age, however 160 years of random climate data is NOT enough data to form a ****ing conclusion especially since were approaching the pinnacle of a solar cycle...

    Blaming humans for "climate change" is about as ****ing stupid as blaming gravity for short people.....

  4. #344
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,621

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Oh really???

    What happened to the "global ice age?"
    .
    So you're post said "When have predictions ever come true for AGW?"

    My post said "Here are a couple from the 80s"

    And you respond with bluster.

    You and LoP will get along just fine.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So you're post said "When have predictions ever come true for AGW?"

    My post said "Here are a couple from the 80s"

    And you respond with bluster.

    You and LoP will get along just fine.
    Some dude got a 50/50 correct chance out of warming or cooling??? shocked...

    Now lets talk about REAL predictions like NY under water or Florida under water by the year 2010 like HUNDREDS of quacks claimed back in the 90's while some of the same asinine clowns are saying the same thing but now its not 2010 -- no no - it's 2020...

    These idiots are like the religious folk who think the end of the world is going to happen any day now and have been saying it since forever....

    The truth of the matter is that the WANT TO BELIEVE global warming exists and exists because of man because thats what makes them feel good and they don't want to be wrong about it because then they would a) have nothing to live for and b) look like an epic idiot and c) would have to deal with reality....

    The truth is progressives and these quacks are personally attacked to their ideas and philosophies and they wont let FACTS get in the way of their opinions or preconceived "theories." That's why they ignore all evidence that contradicts their "reality."

    Notice how these flawed personalities have never admitted to making a mistake EVER -- even when they were caught manipulating data...

    If a person cant admit they're wrong then that means they cant learn....

  6. #346
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,621

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Some dude got a 50/50 correct chance out of warming or cooling??? shocked...

    Now lets talk about REAL predictions like NY under water or Florida under water by the year 2010 like HUNDREDS of quacks claimed back in the 90's while some of the same asinine clowns are saying the same thing but now its not 2010 -- no no - it's 2020...

    These idiots are like the religious folk who think the end of the world is going to happen any day now and have been saying it since forever....

    The truth of the matter is that the WANT TO BELIEVE global warming exists and exists because of man because thats what makes them feel good and they don't want to be wrong about it because then they would a) have nothing to live for and b) look like an epic idiot and c) would have to deal with reality....

    The truth is progressives and these quacks are personally attacked to their ideas and philosophies and they wont let FACTS get in the way of their opinions or preconceived "theories." That's why they ignore all evidence that contradicts their "reality."

    Notice how these flawed personalities have never admitted to making a mistake EVER -- even when they were caught manipulating data...

    If a person cant admit they're wrong then that means they cant learn....
    Really? You think its a 50:50 prediction? You dont think the default would be no significant change?

    And yes, I do think that someone who calls out this decade as being the warmest decade ever recorded in history 30 years ago did predict it pretty well.

    You're hysterical predictions are worse case predictions, and I;m guessing NO ONE said NY or FL would be under water in 2010. I'm guessing you wont bother to actually look it up to prove your point...

    The truth is that scientists have found out we are polluting the atmosphere with CO2 that is causing a greenhouse effect. Its not real complicated.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Also I'm getting tired of progressives portraying a "changing climate" as something bad or unnatural.

    Progressives talk **** like humans all of a sudden started to make the "climate change" which is a bunch of ignorant bull**** and sadly the zombies will believe it...

    I wonder how many college age individuals (or typical progressives off the street) would know what "Pangia" is??? I bet 5% would even know and the rest would think its an Italian restaurant...

  8. #348
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,621

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Also I'm getting tired of progressives portraying a "changing climate" as something bad or unnatural.

    Progressives talk **** like humans all of a sudden started to make the "climate change" which is a bunch of ignorant bull**** and sadly the zombies will believe it...

    I wonder how many college age individuals (or typical progressives off the street) would know what "Pangia" is??? I bet 5% would even know and the rest would think its an Italian restaurant...
    Pangia? I bet not even 5% would know.


    In fact, I am a bit suspicious to what you know about AGW, outside of what Sean Hannity told you. Cause I have a sneaking suspicion you mean the last cohesive single continental landmass, but you may be talking about something else...
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Really? You think its a 50:50 prediction? You dont think the default would be no significant change?

    And yes, I do think that someone who calls out this decade as being the warmest decade ever recorded in history 30 years ago did predict it pretty well.

    You're hysterical predictions are worse case predictions, and I;m guessing NO ONE said NY or FL would be under water in 2010. I'm guessing you wont bother to actually look it up to prove your point...

    The truth is that scientists have found out we are polluting the atmosphere with CO2 that is causing a greenhouse effect. Its not real complicated.
    Yes it's 50:50... It's either getting colder or warmer or neither (and if you chose neither that means you in epic denial about earth)..

    Climate changes without question but to suggest or accuse that humans are responsible is absolute horse **** (which progressive tax in some nations under the ruse of "global warming")...

    Now, it's quite clear you're more than willing to sit back and trust global warming nuts instead of learning the sciences for yourself just because the people you trust (for some reason) tell you to instead of challenging you to learn for yourself..

    You don't believe me FINE... Then go do the research yourself..... I suppose that would require an open mind which is an attribute many don't possess... I'm sure it has something to do with blind trust.

  10. #350
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,621

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yes it's 50:50... It's either getting colder or warmer or neither (and if you chose neither that means you in epic denial about earth)..

    Climate changes without question but to suggest or accuse that humans are responsible is absolute horse **** (which progressive tax in some nations under the ruse of "global warming")...

    Now, it's quite clear you're more than willing to sit back and trust global warming nuts instead of learning the sciences for yourself just because the people you trust (for some reason) tell you to instead of challenging you to learn for yourself..

    You don't believe me FINE... Then go do the research yourself..... I suppose that would require an open mind which is an attribute many don't possess... I'm sure it has something to do with blind trust.
    HAHAHAHA!

    Actually, if you look at it like a scientist, it is colder, warmer or no significant difference from present. Not quite 50:50... more like 95:5 if you use the standard level of signfiicace at p=.05.


    And I have done the 'research' myself. At least read quite a bit of it, and talked extensively to many scientists in the field. I dont do earth science research - I do cardiovascular research. Different animal, but same scientific concepts.

    Its really not a controversial topic outside of Fox News.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •