Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 367

Thread: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    That's also untrue.

    The IPCC is generally the paper that lays out tge state of AGW research best. And it says AGW is a serious threat to sea level. 3-4mm per year means about 18 inches of sea level rise by 2100- assuming the rate won't accelerate with increasingly thinner glaciers. That's pretty threatening if you live on the keys.

    Like I said...my guess is you don't give a crap because your time horizon is not quite that long.
    Wow… did it say that?

    Well, from THAT we can rest assured that we will see virtually no increase in sea levels by 2100…

    Needless to say, in 2100, when my ancestors are telling some schmoe that they saw some article back in 2013 that claimed that the earth's sea levels would rise a foot and a half between now and then, that there will be some schmoe demanding a link, and claiming that without one, it can't be true.

    It should be noted that the Left has been claiming the increase in sea level for 40 years… that's a third of a century… so using the 18 inches in 85 years… we'd have seen increases of 6" over the last 40 years.

    Now we know for an ABSOLUTE, UNDENIABLE, INCONTROVERTIBLE FACT: We haven't seen anywhere NEAR 6" increase in SL over the last 40 years. What we HAVE seen in terms of increase in sea level over the last 40 years, has been NO DISCERNIBLE RISE IN SEA LEVELS.
    Last edited by AmericanbyChoic; 07-13-13 at 10:15 PM.

  2. #232
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,638

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Now, ill preface this with an apology, because I'm referencing National Geographic and not a published study, but I'm pretty sure it's a better source than some Hannityite takes up on Makers Mark.

    Sea level has risen about 6 inches in the last century, and the acceleration of its rise has roughly doubled.

    http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/...ea-level-rise/
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,568

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    What I claim is that the AGW lobby is a sad little cult, who's hopes and dreams rest upon irrational beliefs… not the least of which is that the SUN is more or less irrelevant where the earth's atmosphere is concerned. This resting upon the INCONTROVERTIBLE FACT: That the sun is the predominate factor in the temperature of the earth's atmosphere, with there being no close second.

    Meaning that if ya take the sun out of the equation… the earth quickly becomes a ball of ice covered rock, shortly before it takes leave of the ice and spends eternity as just another rock, where NO AMOUNT of capitalism will EVER be able to warm it….
    The original statement:

    Originally Posted by Lord of Planar
    There are also people who thinks the sun doesn't matter. I never understood that since the sun is the source of 99.99+% of the energy that becomes measurable temperature on earth.
    The challenge that has not, and can not be met:

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    Find me one person who thinks the sun "doesn't matter."
    Unless the Lord or one of his minions can come up with someone who actually said that the sun doesn't matter, then the entire argument is a straw man.

    and no amount of trying to change the subject, no amount of ranting about how important the sun may be, is going to change it into a real argument.

    Of course the sun is important! If that's what you're trying to argue, then it shouldn't be too hard.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Well, at least they're FINALLY admitting the sun exists… which naturally requires that it has SOME influence on the temperature of the earth's atmosphere and while it ain't much, it's somethin'…

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Now, ill preface this with an apology, because I'm referencing National Geographic and not a published study, but I'm pretty sure it's a better source than some Hannityite takes up on Makers Mark.

    Sea level has risen about 6 inches in the last century, and the acceleration of its rise has roughly doubled.

    Sea Level Rise -- National Geographic
    ROFLMNAO!

    Hysterical…

  6. #236
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    Well that's very rude, unfounded and wholly subjective… which just proves ONCE AGAIN, you can NOT hide a socialist!

    I absolutely LUV you people. In my humble opinion, you are the absolute BEST value, dollar for dollar, that entertainment has to offer.

    So with that said: Backatcha Karl.
    Labels are the weapon of the weak. The reason Karl is so hated is because his criticisms of capitalism hit the nail on the head. That's not to say we should adopt something other than capitalism, just that we need to be mindful of its intricent weaknesses and work towards a system that is fair and balanced for everyone. But that would throw a monkey wrench in the plots of the ultra greedy so they sucker fools like you to be their spokespersons.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Labels are the weapon of the weak. …
    ROFLMNAO!

    Now THAT is ADORABLE!

    OH! And your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

  8. #238
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,638

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    ROFLMNAO!

    Hysterical…
    Hmm. I overestimated with the Makers Mark guess.

    More like Old Crow.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #239
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    Well, at least they're FINALLY admitting the sun exists… which naturally requires that it has SOME influence on the temperature of the earth's atmosphere and while it ain't much, it's somethin'…
    I assume you are you referring to them admitting it ain't much, not the influence of the sun.

    What's next?

    Will they realize that water and land absorb and radiate more heat into the atmosphere than ice, which reflects it back into space? How many acres and how much heat does the earth gain by the ice caps moving and exposing just 1 foot more land and sea? But then again, those pesky glaciers only started retreating after mankind kindly put more CO2 into the atmosphere, right?

    That some planets/moons are actually heated by friction caused by mechanical movements during changes in gravitational forces during rotation around the sun? Titan, the largest moon of Saturn, actually has surface liquid due to this affect. But I guess that rather large reflective object in our sky that recently passed through it's closest approach to our planet had no such affect upon us.

    A couple years ago, we experienced lower than cooler temperatures during the month of August, which was attributed to rapid cooling during low sun spot activity. Strange, no one ever mentions increased sun spot activity when discussing warming.

    The level of cosmic radiations hitting the planet, which affects the level of cloudiness also probably isn't a factor.

    How much heat is generated and what changes have there been in the radioactive liquid core of the planet? Why don't we see this mentioned in environmental studies?

    These and many other factors affect our planet, but for some reason, environmentalist blame everything on man-made emissions and never tell us about everything else. Why is that? What are they trying to hide from us?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I assume you are you referring to them admitting it ain't much, not the influence of the sun.

    What's next?

    Will they realize that water and land absorb and radiate more heat into the atmosphere than ice, which reflects it back into space? How many acres and how much heat does the earth gain by the ice caps moving and exposing just 1 foot more land and sea? But then again, those pesky glaciers only started retreating after mankind kindly put more CO2 into the atmosphere, right?

    That some planets/moons are actually heated by friction caused by mechanical movements during changes in gravitational forces during rotation around the sun? Titan, the largest moon of Saturn, actually has surface liquid due to this affect. But I guess that rather large reflective object in our sky that recently passed through it's closest approach to our planet had no such affect upon us.

    A couple years ago, we experienced lower than cooler temperatures during the month of August, which was attributed to rapid cooling during low sun spot activity. Strange, no one ever mentions increased sun spot activity when discussing warming.

    The level of cosmic radiations hitting the planet, which affects the level of cloudiness also probably isn't a factor.

    How much heat is generated and what changes have there been in the radioactive liquid core of the planet? Why don't we see this mentioned in environmental studies?

    These and many other factors affect our planet, but for some reason, environmentalist blame everything on man-made emissions and never tell us about everything else. Why is that? What are they trying to hide from us?

    Yup… well said.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •