Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 367

Thread: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    LOL!

    I never tire of the "Chicken Little" ruse…

    "It's HOTTER NOW THAN IT WAS THIS MORNING! AT THIS RATE, WE'LL ALL BE INCINERATED BY TOMORROW AT 4:00!"

    Hysterical…

    Naturally, every cycle provides for ebbs and flows… therefore, where on finds themselves in a system designed around the cyclical, one should not panic on the news that one's system is ebbing or flowing.

    So, you may stop the populist panic and return to your homes… everything is fine until the sun's natural demise engulfs the planet, incinerating everything you've every known.

    .
    .
    .

    .
    .
    .

    .
    .
    .


    Oh lord… WHAT HAVE I DONE?

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Good overview, Mo.

    One thing to point out is that this has been an idea that has been worked on for 40 years+, with lots of work going to prove it wrong, but most of the data going towards confirming that AGW is real and will be a major problem.

    The work now is really going towards clarifying how bad things will get in terms of environmental impact.

    The basic studies of AGW are just no longer that interesting since its so well established.


    Yes…

    And for 40 years I've lived along the shore, listening to all the harbingers of rising sea-levels… and to date, 40 years later, the sea remains right where it was…

    Now not too terribly long ago, I saw a map of Florida's coastline… which has ranged from many hundreds of miles east to west greater than it is today, to the area known today as Ocala, being a series of islands…

    So, NO… Higher taxes and redistributive fiscal policy will not stop the planet's atmosphere from changing… and the seas are not rising, so stow it. It's all good.

  3. #203
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    LOL!

    I never tire of the "Chicken Little" ruse…

    "It's HOTTER NOW THAN IT WAS THIS MORNING! AT THIS RATE, WE'LL ALL BE INCINERATED BY TOMORROW AT 4:00!"

    Hysterical…

    Naturally, every cycle provides for ebbs and flows… therefore, where on finds themselves in a system designed around the cyclical, one should not panic on the news that one's system is ebbing or flowing.

    So, you may stop the populist panic and return to your homes… everything is fine until the sun's natural demise engulfs the planet, incinerating everything you've every known.

    .
    .
    .

    .
    .
    .

    .
    .
    .


    Oh lord… WHAT HAVE I DONE?
    And how do you know the sun will incinerate the earth one day as its 'natural demise'

    Oh. What's that you say? Scientists?

    Why are you so selective as to which science you believe?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #204
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    Yes…

    And for 40 years I've lived along the shore, listening to all the harbingers of rising sea-levels… and to date, 40 years later, the sea remains right where it was…

    Now not too terribly long ago, I saw a map of Florida's coastline… which has ranged from many hundreds of miles east to west greater than it is today, to the area known today as Ocala, being a series of islands…

    So, NO… Higher taxes and redistributive fiscal policy will not stop the planet's atmosphere from changing… and the seas are not rising, so stow it. It's all good.
    Thank God science doesn't work by anecdote.

    Again, that map you saw was drawn by scientists. You're being selective because you don't like the truth they are telling you.

    And why would you? You'll die before it gets bad. Stay true to the libertarian/Randian creed: "**** you , I got mine."
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Thank God science doesn't work by anecdote.

    Again, that map you saw was drawn by scientists. You're being selective because you don't like the truth they are telling you.

    And why would you? You'll die before it gets bad. Stay true to the libertarian/Randian creed: "**** you , I got mine."
    LOL!

    Now isn't that precious?

    'Scientists drew a map, which showed the natural cycle of the earth's seas… (which occurred largely in the absence of humanity and wholly in the absence of human industry) and THAT requires that "SCIENCE!" (The politicalization, thus the delegitimization of the study of the physical universe, OKA: Science…) has it right, despite the evidence which proves otherwise.'

    Here's a clue… The seas aren't rising AT THE RATE WHICH THE CHICKEN LITTLE CULT CLAIMS THEY ARE.

    Ya see Scamp… we don't care if the seas rise or fall, as there's not a thing we can do to change or otherwise alter those cycles.

    What we care about, are the deceptions, fraudulently advanced as a means to influence the ignorant. Because that is destructive to the viability of a sound culture.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    And how do you know the sun will incinerate the earth one day as its 'natural demise'

    Oh. What's that you say? Scientists?

    Why are you so selective as to which science you believe?

    I know it, because it serves reason…

    What does NOT serve reason, is DECADES of Leftists braying on that in 10 years BRITAIN, FLORIDA, THe BAHAMAs, Portugal, will be under water…

    Those were lies… just as here, today, YOU are lying. Now you may not 'feel' that what you're saying is false, but you're old enough to know better, which works out the same.

  7. #207
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    LOL!

    Now isn't that precious?

    'Scientists drew a map, which showed the natural cycle of the earth's seas… (which occurred largely in the absence of humanity and wholly in the absence of human industry) and THAT requires that "SCIENCE!" (The politicalization, thus the delegitimization of the study of the physical universe, OKA: Science…) has it right, despite the evidence which proves otherwise.'

    Here's a clue… The seas aren't rising AT THE RATE WHICH THE CHICKEN LITTLE CULT CLAIMS THEY ARE.

    Ya see Scamp… we don't care if the seas rise or fall, as there's not a thing we can do to change or otherwise alter those cycles.

    What we care about, are the deceptions, fraudulently advanced as a means to influence the ignorant. Because that is destructive to the viability of a sound culture.
    And you know this because the ocean outside your window looks the same as you remember it.

    And you know this is a natural cycle of...something...and man hasnt and cant effect it because you feel it in your gut.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #208
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanbyChoic View Post
    I know it, because it serves reason…

    What does NOT serve reason, is DECADES of Leftists braying on that in 10 years BRITAIN, FLORIDA, THe BAHAMAs, Portugal, will be under water…

    Those were lies… just as here, today, YOU are lying. Now you may not 'feel' that what you're saying is false, but you're old enough to know better, which works out the same.
    I'm not lying. I'm merely reinforcing what scientists have been saying for years and have largely nailed.

    And no scientists were saying those places would be underwater in 10 years. I'd call that a lie, but I'm not classless enough to say that outright.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I'm not lying. I'm merely reinforcing what scientists have been saying for years and have largely nailed.

    And no scientists were saying those places would be underwater in 10 years. I'd call that a lie, but I'm not classless enough to say that outright.
    Oh! Well with reinforcement like THAT… who needs to trust their own eyes, right?

    I mean with DECADES of one refutation after ANOTHER… you people still 'feel' compelled to warn us of that which we can readily see, is no threat.

    Tell me, is there a point at which you will set aside the ruse? How many decades must pass without a discernible rise in sea levels before we can safely rid ourselves of the hue and cry demanding that such is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER and ALL OUR LIVES ARE AT RISK?

    It's been 4 decades… must we go another 4? How about 8? 16? 32? Where's it stop?

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    236

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    And you know this because the ocean outside your window looks the same as you remember it.

    And you know this is a natural cycle of...something...and man hasnt and cant effect it because you feel it in your gut.
    I know it because the ocean outside my window IS the same.

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •