Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 367

Thread: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There are people who still think the planet is not getting warmer. Silly, I know, but it needs to be addressed because someone who doesn't think the planet is warming is unable to have a reasonably informed opinion on AGW and any potential actions, or lack thereof.

    And why are "generic units" helpful?
    because science has shown there hasn't been any warming in the last 15 years

    if a meteorologist says it is raining and you go out side and it is not who will you believe the meteorologist or your own two eyes

  2. #12
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    LOL...

    Who's the denier? The sun has tremendous impact on our climate.
    And water is wet.
    Now quit evading the answer... do you honestly believe the planet is not getting warmer? A yes or no will suffice.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    because science has shown there hasn't been any warming in the last 15 years

    if a meteorologist says it is raining and you go out side and it is not who will you believe the meteorologist or your own two eyes
    So you are one of those who does not believe we are warming. I bet you can be easily convinced the sky is green.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    LOL...

    Who's the denier? The sun has tremendous impact on our climate.
    Which is something no one claims otherwise. That is why it is a state man.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    I don't doubt that we need to change our carbon emissions and focus on saving the planet, but global warming is no more than glorified hooey.
    Well, maybe we should since our CO2 emissions seem to be affecting Mars also...

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,258

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    And water is wet.
    Now quit evading the answer... do you honestly believe the planet is not getting warmer? A yes or no will suffice.
    The planet has been getting warmer since the 1700s. So has the sun.

    I wonder...

    Maybe we should cut back on CO2 emissions since we are warming the sun...

  7. #17
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer. View Post
    A new study by the WMO (World Meteorological Organisation) shows the planet "experienced unprecedented high-impact climate extremes" in the ten years from 2001 to 2010, the warmest decade since the start of modern measurements in 1850.

    Those ten years also continued an extended period of accelerating global warming, with more national temperature records reported broken than in any previous decade. Sea levels rose about twice as fast as the trend in the last century.

    Unprecedented climate extremes marked last decade, says UN | Environment | guardian.co.uk

    Further evidence, if any more were needed, that climate change is a reality. Sure, the climate change deniers, like all conspiracy theorists, will deny any evidence put before them. Hopefully this new evidence will make some people to see the reality.
    This actually proves nothing....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    The planet has been getting warmer since the 1700. So has the sun.
    Hey look, another straw man. Who called it?

    Clue for you: No one is saying otherwise.

    Further clue: more than one thing can effect a system
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Deniers don't need facts, they have perfectly good straw men.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/sc...eau.html?_r=2&

    The rise in the surface temperature of earth has been markedly slower over the last 15 years than in the 20 years before that. And that lull in warming has occurred even as greenhouse gases have accumulated in the atmosphere at a record pace.
    There has been no significant warming in 17 years. Global Warming is a scam. The top "climate scientists" were caught manipulating data.

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/11/sc...eau.html?_r=2&



    There has been no significant warming in 17 years. Global Warming is a scam. The top "climate scientists" were caught manipulating data.
    You realize you did not address my point in any way? Do try and keep up.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •