Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 367

Thread: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

  1. #181
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,498

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Is this a crisis of warming or is it not? If it's a crisis of warming, let's use all available methods to cool the earth. BTW, some proven methods to cool the earth involve 'dirtying up' the 'sphere.

  2. #182
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yes I know. That's because you leave it out of the equation, denying real science.
    Not true at all, but I wouldn't expect a denial cultist to care.

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Is this a crisis of warming or is it not? If it's a crisis of warming, let's use all available methods to cool the earth. BTW, some proven methods to cool the earth involve 'dirtying up' the 'sphere.
    Spitting sulfur into the atmosphere to block out sunlight strikes me as a terrible, terrible idea.

    I'd also point out that there's a wide gulf of room between "crisis for which we must do everything possible" and "do nothing."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    There are also people who thinks the sun doesn't matter. I never understood that since the sun is the source of 99.99+% of the energy that becomes measurable temperature on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Find me one person who thinks the sun "doesn't matter."
    Oh, goodie, yet another it's real, no it's not, Al Gore is wrong, science is wrong, no it's not, the Earth is warming, no it's not, and if it is carbon dioxide can't be a factor, politicians want to use AGW to pass more taxes, therefore it must be wrong sort of a thread.

    I confess: I didn't read the whole thing, and probably never will. Nothing new under either the sun or the carbon ever is posted anyway. I did read the above, however.

    I'm going to go out on a limb, here, since I admittedly didn't read the rest of the thread: Neither Lord nor anyone else from the Church of Perpetual Denial ever came up with anyone who actually said that the sun doesn't matter.

    If I'm wrong, please quote me the post in which someone actually said this. Otherwise, I'm going with the conclusion that it is a giant straw man that was never addressed again.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Last Seen
    10-06-16 @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,875

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer. View Post
    A new study by the WMO (World Meteorological Organisation) shows the planet "experienced unprecedented high-impact climate extremes" in the ten years from 2001 to 2010, the warmest decade since the start of modern measurements in 1850.

    Those ten years also continued an extended period of accelerating global warming, with more national temperature records reported broken than in any previous decade. Sea levels rose about twice as fast as the trend in the last century.

    Unprecedented climate extremes marked last decade, says UN | Environment | guardian.co.uk

    Further evidence, if any more were needed, that climate change is a reality. Sure, the climate change deniers, like all conspiracy theorists, will deny any evidence put before them. Hopefully this new evidence will make some people to see the reality.
    No one is denying climate change we just don't buy the non-sense that a 1 degree increase over the last 130 is a crisis.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    I have asked over and over without a response:

    For those of you who believe in man made global warming, what are you personally doing to change it?

    Because if you are preaching it but taking no action you are part of the problem and need to STFU.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Last Seen
    10-06-16 @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,875

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    I have asked over and over without a response:

    For those of you who believe in man made global warming, what are you personally doing to change it?

    Because if you are preaching it but taking no action you are part of the problem and need to STFU.

    It was 12 degrees warmer during the Carboniferous Period those dinosaurs must have been very industrious with all those dinosaur cars and factories belching carbon!

    1 degree warmer in 130 years and we are all going to die,....

  7. #187
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,518

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    It was 12 degrees warmer during the Carboniferous Period those dinosaurs must have been very industrious with all those dinosaur cars and factories belching carbon!

    1 degree warmer in 130 years and we are all going to die,....


    The preceding post was brought to you by... Vapidity.

    "Vapidity. When you dont really understand things, yet have a firm opinion on them."

    Now back to our regularly scheduled postings.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Last Seen
    10-06-16 @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,875

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    The preceding post was brought to you by... Vapidity.

    "Vapidity. When you dont really understand things, yet have a firm opinion on them."

    Now back to our regularly scheduled postings.

    What is not to understand? The whole man made global warming argument is based on our cars and factories putting so much CO2 into the atmosphere that it has risen one whole deadly degree in 130 years of our industrial revolution. So apparently the dinosaurs of the Carboniferous Period must have been 12 times as industrialized as we are today right? I mean if not your whole argument is vapid.

  9. #189
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,518

    2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    What is not to understand? The whole man made global warming argument is based on our cars and factories putting so much CO2 into the atmosphere that it has risen one whole deadly degree in 130 years of our industrial revolution. So apparently the dinosaurs of the Carboniferous Period must have been 12 times as industrialized as we are today right? I mean if not your whole argument is vapid.
    Doubling down, I see.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Last Seen
    10-06-16 @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,875

    Re: 2001-2010 was the warmest decade since records began

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Doubling down, I see.
    Just waiting to see how the Earth got 12 degrees warmer without us.

    If the argument is vapid you should have no problem discrediting me.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •