Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

  1. #31
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    You can't stand a little break from the incessant political party bashing around here?
    LOL...I think there is a place for socializing on the forum.....but your comment is pretty ridiculous in the context of a thread about the Maverick wanting to cut foreign aid.

    I realize that it is REALLY hard for folks to stay on topic, but good grief, think a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #32
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    You can't stand a little break from the incessant political party bashing around here?
    Good afternoon, fmw:

    I am visiting in Texas from NE Ohio. I don't have the opportunity there to see dolphins...I was impressed!

  3. #33
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,070

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    As general principles I can agree with what you say, but how was that going to work this time? Morsi was moving to solidify theocratic, oligarchic control, issuing "constitutional declarations" that put all power into his hands and using goons to intimidate the Supreme Court. The only way to reverse this was to resort to force, and only the military had enough of that.

    It raises the question of what to do with political groups whose main goal is to destroy a nation's system of government and impose one party rule, because once that happens democracy in that nation is dead. In the US we dealt with that at one point by, in essence, making membership in the party in question, the Communist Party, illegal.

    I think as long as there were legitimate elections that should be the way. now we are backers of a military coup which is accumulating more and more bloodied headlines. almost solidifying the growth of Islamic terrorism against the US in that region.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    A bajillion years, and still, the only representative, evolving country in the entire region is Israel. How embarassed and bitter the rest of the Middle East is for it.

    Is it their culture? Their religion? What is it?

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good afternoon, fmw:

    I am visiting in Texas from NE Ohio. I don't have the opportunity there to see dolphins...I was impressed!
    Glad you enjoyed it. Not many dolphins in Ohio.

  6. #36
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,566
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I think as long as there were legitimate elections that should be the way. now we are backers of a military coup which is accumulating more and more bloodied headlines. almost solidifying the growth of Islamic terrorism against the US in that region.
    We are backing the coup? How?

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  7. #37
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,070

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    We are backing the coup? How?
    I mispoke. It seems to me that the US is posturing itself as wanting the removal of Morsi. Hell I want the ****er gone. Just not done at the end of a barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •