Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

  1. #11
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You really ought to limit this jabber to pm's, we really don't care about your personal life...at all.
    Sorry if I offended anyone...but it was a unique experience for me.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,309

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You really ought to limit this jabber to pm's, we really don't care about your personal life...at all.
    oh eff off

  3. #13
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Sorry if I offended anyone...but it was a unique experience for me.
    Who cares? It is off topic and revealing your personal info, send it in an pm. It isn't a matter of "offence".
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    oh eff off
    Right back atcha
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,309

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Sorry if I offended anyone...but it was a unique experience for me.
    He's jealous ... people say "kiss' and he just remembers ...


  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,309

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    McCain calls Morsi ouster a coup d



    Well, yes it was a coup, and yes, it was anti-democratic. But it was still the right thing to do.

    Democracy cannot be allowed to become a suicide pact.
    McCain is turning out to be a huge disappointment on a regular basis.

  7. #17
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Hey Polgara

    Sounds like an awesome time, glad you're having fun out there!

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    All is well with me,

    I had a chance to swim with and play with the bottleneck dolphins at South Padre Island! Magnificent animals! The pod leader jumped out of the water and gave me a kiss! I swear he was laughing at my shock, but that's the way they look all the time, I guess...smiling!

  8. #18
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Hey Polgara

    Sounds like an awesome time, glad you're having fun out there!
    Good evening, JC!


  9. #19
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    McCain calls Morsi ouster a coup d



    Well, yes it was a coup, and yes, it was anti-democratic. But it was still the right thing to do.

    Democracy cannot be allowed to become a suicide pact.
    It shouldn't have happened by the military. It should have been electoral. Anytime its a coup and we back it, we've thrown our lot in with the dictator over an elected official. Which is a very risky gamble. A gamble we've repeatedly lost on in the past and a gamble that has resulted in us being deemed "the Great Satan" by almost the entire Middle East.

    They need to oust through election. They have to learn that it can be done peacefully. Otherwise anytime a policy goes forth they don't like the kneejerk reaction will be violence as the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #20
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,572
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: McCain Calls Morsi Ouster a Coup, Urges Blocking Aid

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    It shouldn't have happened by the military. It should have been electoral. Anytime its a coup and we back it, we've thrown our lot in with the dictator over an elected official. Which is a very risky gamble. A gamble we've repeatedly lost on in the past and a gamble that has resulted in us being deemed "the Great Satan" by almost the entire Middle East.

    They need to oust through election. They have to learn that it can be done peacefully. Otherwise anytime a policy goes forth they don't like the kneejerk reaction will be violence as the answer.
    As general principles I can agree with what you say, but how was that going to work this time? Morsi was moving to solidify theocratic, oligarchic control, issuing "constitutional declarations" that put all power into his hands and using goons to intimidate the Supreme Court. The only way to reverse this was to resort to force, and only the military had enough of that.

    It raises the question of what to do with political groups whose main goal is to destroy a nation's system of government and impose one party rule, because once that happens democracy in that nation is dead. In the US we dealt with that at one point by, in essence, making membership in the party in question, the Communist Party, illegal.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •