Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

  1. #21
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,565

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There is no liberal in this thread saying the investigation should be called off. So either you are lying or you're not even bothering to read this thread.
    Guess we're not reading the same thread then. According to the OP there is no NEED for an investigation because there was no singling out of right wing groups. That sounds like he made his mind up to me, so it is rational to point out to him that:

    1. the investigation is not over
    2. finding one palestinian group and one black sorority that were held up to IRS scrutiny and comparing that with the tea party groups held up en masse by IRS dirty tricks is a stretch to put it mildly. hardly proof that these attacks weren't politically motivated.
    3. nobody is saying Obama was aware of it when it happened, but that doesn't mean he wasn't aware of a cover up. according to reports the Administration had this administration last year during the heat of the election, yet somehow this stuff didn't leak out until after the election. I want to know exactly how that all went down, and was anyone in the administration guilty of lying to protect Obama's reelection chances.

    so I've walked you through it now. So could you all stop repeating over and over that Obama didn't know anything about it. It's bigger than just that question, understand? which is why, black sorority and the PLO aside, the investigation must, and SHOULD, continue.

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Conservative groups were not the only ones that experienced long waits as the scrutinizing went beyond what was originally thought.

    WASHINGTON — In 2010, a tiny Palestinian-rights group called Minnesota Break the Bonds applied to the Internal Revenue Service for tax-exempt status. Two years and a lot of prodding later, the I.R.S. sent the group’s leaders a series of questions and requests almost identical to the ones it was sending to Tea Party groups at the time.

    What are “the qualifications and experience” of Break the Bonds instructors? Does the group “present a sufficiently full and fair explanation of the relevant facts” about the West Bank and Gaza? Provide copies of pamphlets, brochures or other literature distributed at group events? Reveal all fees collected and “any voluntary contributions” made at group functions? Provide a template of petitions, postcards and any other material used to influence legislation, and a detailed accounting of the time and money spent to influence state legislators?

    The controversy that erupted in May has focused on an ideological question: Were conservative groups singled out for special treatment based on their politics, or did the I.R.S. equally target liberal groups? But a closer look at the I.R.S. operation suggests that the problem was less about ideology and more about how a process instructing reviewers to “be on the lookout” for selected terms was applied to any group that mentioned certain words in its application.

    (snip)


    I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political
    But, why did the IRS admit that wrong doing was done? Why did Lois Lerner invoke her 5th Amendment rights? If nothing wrong was done, that is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There is no liberal in this thread saying the investigation should be called off. So either you are lying or you're not even bothering to read this thread. The only thing a couple of people have said is there currently no link right now between Obama and this IRS scandal.
    in this thread...yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, why did the IRS admit that wrong doing was done? Why did Lois Lerner invoke her 5th Amendment rights? If nothing wrong was done, that is...
    Because wrong was done, read the forth paragraph of the OP link. I have no idea why Lois Lerner took the 5th.

  5. #25
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, why did the IRS admit that wrong doing was done? Why did Lois Lerner invoke her 5th Amendment rights? If nothing wrong was done, that is...
    Are you suggesting taking the 5th is evidence of guilt?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #26
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Does everything have to be absolute to you? Either the president is personally involved in literally every action the government takes, or he does nothing but parties all day? There's no in between for you?
    Sorry, I'd forgotten that the average leftist and Obama apologist lacks the humor gene. I was being facetious, since no matter what the issue, your kind immediately claims it wasn't Obama's fault - it's either Bush's fault or Obama knows nothing. So ask yourself your own question.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Sorry, I'd forgotten that the average leftist and Obama apologist lacks the humor gene. I was being facetious, since no matter what the issue, your kind immediately claims it wasn't Obama's fault - it's either Bush's fault or Obama knows nothing. So ask yourself your own question.
    tsk, tsk ,,, come on CJ ... I went back and read what Deuce was responding to and you can't have it both ways ... what you claim to be humorous is what you've been saying about the big-eared guy for some time now ... you despise the guy and you've made that clear in post after post after post .... BTW, you're the last poster who should accuse anyone of lacking a sense of humor ... Really?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    Guess we're not reading the same thread then. According to the OP there is no NEED for an investigation because there was no singling out of right wing groups. That sounds like he made his mind up to me, so it is rational to point out to him that:
    I'm reading THIS thread here and obviously you are in lala land. No, the OP did not say there is NO NEED for an investigation. NOWHERE. Please show the EXACT words where this was claimed or just admit to lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    1. the investigation is not over
    Nope, it isn't over, but thus far Obama is not tied to this regardless of your lying that he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    2. finding one palestinian group and one black sorority that were held up to IRS scrutiny and comparing that with the tea party groups held up en masse by IRS dirty tricks is a stretch to put it mildly. hardly proof that these attacks weren't politically motivated.
    As you said, the investigation is not over so how can you make that claim. Are you not interested if BOTH sides were wrongly scrutinized? Doesn't seem like you are to me, it seems you are just hoping Obama is tied to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    3. nobody is saying Obama was aware of it when it happened, but that doesn't mean he wasn't aware of a cover up. according to reports the Administration had this administration last year during the heat of the election, yet somehow this stuff didn't leak out until after the election. I want to know exactly how that all went down, and was anyone in the administration guilty of lying to protect Obama's reelection chances.
    Sorry, but there is still NO EVIDENCE that Obama knew of the cover up. ZERO. PERIOD. Will that change as the investigation goes on? Maybe, maybe not. But as it stands Obama is not tied to this right now given the evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    so I've walked you through it now. So could you all stop repeating over and over that Obama didn't know anything about it. It's bigger than just that question, understand? which is why, black sorority and the PLO aside, the investigation must, and SHOULD, continue.
    No, all you've walked me through is a lie of what you think the OP said but didn't, and your OPINION that somehow Obama is tied to this. Maybe you should just quit while your behind, because you haven't presented ****. And yet again, NOONE here in this thread has said for the investigation to STOP.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why did Lois Lerner invoke her 5th Amendment rights? If nothing wrong was done, that is...
    So you are saying that invoking the 5th is automatic admission of guilt?

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: I.R.S. Scrutiny Went Beyond the Political

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you are saying that invoking the 5th is automatic admission of guilt?
    Of course it is. A jury can't see it that way and yse it as evidence to convict, but it is admitting to breaking the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •