Page 89 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #881
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It's you and Conservative who are criticizing President Obama, so I think you guys should show what real leadership would do. What would Romney do if he was the President today. I was told Obama was an easy target that I would dread Election Day. Why did Romney stupidly say he would give everyone a 20% tax cut and have the revenue neutral.

    BTW, did you know, that Obama was one of four president to get more than 50% popular vote in two elections? FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan and Obama.
    I am neither rep nor dem...I thought GWB was a lousy POTUS and I think Obama is as well.

    I think the Fed should be castrated - at a minimum, remove the employment mandate; at most, get rid of it altogether.
    - balance the budget
    - reduce the military by 1/3 at least
    - bring all the troops home
    - eliminate corporate tax
    - bring in a flat tax - the same rate for all income earners (both income and capital gains) AND no deductions except for charitable contributions
    - remove all federal regulations on business except for health and safety and national defense concerns
    - never bail out a company/corporation/bank again.
    - let the market set interest rates
    - end Obamacare
    - end welfare - replace with federal emergency shelters in every major regional center (with food/shelter/emerg. Medical/dental)...continue welfare for physically/mentally handicapped.
    - eventually end Social Security - when the last person over 35 today dies, SS dies with them.
    That is most of it.

    Now will you please answer my question?
    Last edited by DA60; 07-10-13 at 08:38 PM.

  2. #882
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I am neither rep nor dem...I thought GWB was a lousy POTUS and I think Obama is as well.

    Now do you an answer to my question or not please?
    I don't know how to fix Job situation and I seriously doubt anyone does.

  3. #883
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It's you and Conservative who are criticizing President Obama, so I think you guys should show what real leadership would do. What would Romney do if he was the President today. I was told Obama was an easy target that I would dread Election Day. Why did Romney stupidly say he would give everyone a 20% tax cut and have the revenue neutral.

    BTW, did you know, that Obama was one of four president to get more than 50% popular vote in two elections? FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan and Obama.
    If you cheerleaders wouldn't be spending so much time high fiving each other for idiotic posts you would know the answer to that question. The answer is very simple, you lead, you promote the private sector, you provide incentive to the American taxpayers by allowing them to keep more of what they earn, You unleash the American spirit and cheerlead when necessary promoting that "shining city on the hill", you wouldn't demonize any economic class for producing, you wouldn't micro manage personal responsibility issues like health care, and you don't take expensive vacations and play a lot of golf when so many people are suffering.

  4. #884
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't know how to fix Job situation and I seriously doubt anyone does.
    Of course you don't because you have no idea how to lead

  5. #885
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And why aren't people spending money? How about the 21 plus million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers? Do you have any concept of human behavior? Apply your own behavior to that of others. No one is going to spend money with the uncertainties created by this Administration. I asked you a question and never do I get an answer.

    You appear to be a good person, just very nave and gullible. You also seem to lack basic business skills and understanding as you cannot grasp the basic premise of profit demand nor do you understand the line items of a financial statement. You and others like you are so blinded by a feel good ideology that you ignore human nature and human behavior. Sorry Boo, but you are out of touch with reality wanting badly to believe what you are told thus think only with your heart instead of your brain. If only you would apply your own behavior to the thought process you would have a better understanding of what is going on in this country right now.
    Outsourcing, automation, years of union busting leading to low wages, decades of a move to part time workers over full time workers, the housing bubble bursting, . . . Shall I go on?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #886
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, they were opinions based upon the sample that we don't even know the size of so please post the details of that sample? If a regulation doesn't financially impact someone don't you think they would answer it differently if it did. I asked you a question, how many permits does it take to get a new refinery in this country and what business would go through that process? How many businesses are lost due to govt. regulations. Those are the questions you should ask yourself and those filling your head with crap.
    All you have to do is look to know. But the result is accepted across the board, why? Because it reflects reality and not chicken little exaggerations.

    So, confess. The truth will set you free.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #887
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So why give credit then for numbers just because they are up and out of context? What is good about the economy shedding full time jobs? What is good about people losing their unemployment benefits and dropping out of the job market by stop looking for jobs?
    No one argues that part s good. But you could have that without the up tick. Some of us keep perspective, and others, well there's you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #888
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Outsourcing, automation, years of union busting leading to low wages, decades of a move to part time workers over full time workers, the housing bubble bursting, . . . Shall I go on?
    You normally do go on and on and on and on never proposing any solutions. You have no concept how the private sector works and are very nave when it come to actual employees some of whom would take advantage of any situation including taking disability that they don't deserve, two years of unemployment and more if offered, and then would go from job to job blaming the employer for not paying them 100,000 a year to start.

  9. #889
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    All you have to do is look to know. But the result is accepted across the board, why? Because it reflects reality and not chicken little exaggerations.

    So, confess. The truth will set you free.
    So you believe because you willingly believe anything that you believe supports your point of view. Post the details of the study. Then tell me how sales taxes, estate taxes, and deregulation are monthly operating expenses of business?

  10. #890
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You normally do go on and on and on and on never proposing any solutions. You have no concept how the private sector works and are very nave when it come to actual employees some of whom would take advantage of any situation including taking disability that they don't deserve, two years of unemployment and more if offered, and then would go from job to job blaming the employer for not paying them 100,000 a year to start.
    I'm sure whining about democrats is your idea of a solution, but the fact remains these are huge problems that will not be easily navigated. If you're waiting on any president to fix them quickly, regardless of party, you're in for a long wait.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •