Page 88 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #871
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And the economy shed almost 1/4 of a million (240,000) full time jobs.

    And, over the last four months, the U-3 rate for those with a high school diploma or greater has gone up overall, while the U-3 rate for those with less then high school diploma went down.

    So, the economy is presently transitioning into a part time, unskilled economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's been doing that for a long time. This is not new at all.
    Exactly. And anyone who blames any president for this vis a fool. It not the job of any president to create demand as Con would like you to think. The jobs reports would be no different had Romney been elected president.

    This country is in serious trouble job wise not because who is president, but it's because a good number of our jobs have been exported and automation has taken a toll as well.

  2. #872
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They're not hiring because people aren't spending money. That is what drives business, and not the government.

    As for healthcare reform, we'll see. But I suspect it's all just more chicken little stuff from you guys.
    And why aren't people spending money? How about the 21 plus million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers? Do you have any concept of human behavior? Apply your own behavior to that of others. No one is going to spend money with the uncertainties created by this Administration. I asked you a question and never do I get an answer.

    You appear to be a good person, just very nave and gullible. You also seem to lack basic business skills and understanding as you cannot grasp the basic premise of profit demand nor do you understand the line items of a financial statement. You and others like you are so blinded by a feel good ideology that you ignore human nature and human behavior. Sorry Boo, but you are out of touch with reality wanting badly to believe what you are told thus think only with your heart instead of your brain. If only you would apply your own behavior to the thought process you would have a better understanding of what is going on in this country right now.

  3. #873
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. But I gave you more than that. Confess. The truth will set you free.
    No, they were opinions based upon the sample that we don't even know the size of so please post the details of that sample? If a regulation doesn't financially impact someone don't you think they would answer it differently if it did. I asked you a question, how many permits does it take to get a new refinery in this country and what business would go through that process? How many businesses are lost due to govt. regulations. Those are the questions you should ask yourself and those filling your head with crap.

  4. #874
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There was good news:

    THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- JUNE 2013


    Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 195,000 in June, and the
    unemployment rate was unchanged at 7.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of
    Labor Statistics reported today. Employment rose in leisure and
    hospitality, professional and business services, retail trade, health
    care, and financial activities.

    The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for April was revised
    from +149,000 to +199,000, and the change for May was revised from
    +175,000 to +195,000. With these revisions, employment gains in April
    and May combined were 70,000 higher than previously reported.
    So all you cheerleaders, what is your point? Where are the two million jobs lost from December 2007 to the present and why only 177,000 fewer unemployed today than in January2009 when Obama took over? Does context matter to you? How many of those jobs are part time or does that even matter? Why don't you care about the 21 plus million unemployed/under employed/discouraged? Are the million discouraged workers unemployed? Are they counted as such?

  5. #875
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's been doing that for a long time. This is not new at all.
    So why give credit then for numbers just because they are up and out of context? What is good about the economy shedding full time jobs? What is good about people losing their unemployment benefits and dropping out of the job market by stop looking for jobs?

  6. #876
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    not a horrible month. i agree that the money printing should stop.
    Unemployment isn't going to move because those caught in the "void" (those booted off unemployment, those who didn't qualify for it and new workers) aren't factored into the unemployment formula....

    The real unemployment rate is well above 12%.

    The only reason why companies aren't tossing employees out on the street is because parts of Obamacare have been suspended.

  7. #877
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Unemployment isn't going to move because those caught in the "void" (those booted off unemployment, those who didn't qualify for it and new workers) aren't factored into the unemployment formula....

    The real unemployment rate is well above 12%.

    The only reason why companies aren't tossing employees out on the street is because parts of Obamacare have been suspended.
    The U-6 rate is 14.3% but we will never know the true unemployment rate as contract employees who lost their job and private business owners who lost their business will never be counted. All one has to do is look at GDP Growth to see how stagnant things are four years after the end of the recession. Things aren't in recession for Obama who has no problem taking overseas vacations and playing a lot of golf. That is leadership where you do what I say but never do what I do

  8. #878
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Exactly. And anyone who blames any president for this vis a fool. It not the job of any president to create demand as Con would like you to think. The jobs reports would be no different had Romney been elected president.

    This country is in serious trouble job wise not because who is president, but it's because a good number of our jobs have been exported and automation has taken a toll as well.
    Well, what do you suggest be done about it?

  9. #879
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Well, what do you suggest be done about it?
    Obama supporters and most liberals have no concept of leadership

  10. #880
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Well, what do you suggest be done about it?
    It's you and Conservative who are criticizing President Obama, so I think you guys should show what real leadership would do. What would Romney do if he was the President today. I was told Obama was an easy target that I would dread Election Day. Why did Romney stupidly say he would give everyone a 20% tax cut and have the revenue neutral.

    BTW, did you know, that Obama was one of four president to get more than 50% popular vote in two elections? FDR, Eisenhower, Reagan and Obama.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •