Page 85 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #841
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We have a hiring problem in this country, if regulations don't cause part of the problem then there is one way to find out, eliminate them and see if there is any change. If you read the article you would see that regulations do increase costs but for some reason that fact escapes you just as the current economic situation and job creation stagnation.
    Just a bit more before I leave:

    Impact of Estate Tax on Small Businesses and Farms Is Minimal
    Almost No Small Business and Farm Estates Owe the Tax; Those That Do Owe Only Modest Amounts

    Impact of Estate Tax on Small Businesses and Farms Is Minimal — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

    There is simply no consensus whatsoever that cutting taxes is a good strategy to boost state economic growth and create jobs.

    Academic Research Lacks Consensus on the Impact of State Tax Cuts on Economic Growth — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

    The National Association for Business Economics survey asks how higher taxes and lower government spending effected businesses in the first three months of 2013.

    Ninety-three percent of respondents say the political developments had no effect on employment levels in the first quarter, and 95 percent say they had no impact on capital spending plans.

    Fiscal Cliff Had No Effect On Employment, U.S. Businesses Say

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #842
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just a bit more before I leave:

    Impact of Estate Tax on Small Businesses and Farms Is Minimal
    Almost No Small Business and Farm Estates Owe the Tax; Those That Do Owe Only Modest Amounts

    Impact of Estate Tax on Small Businesses and Farms Is Minimal — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

    There is simply no consensus whatsoever that cutting taxes is a good strategy to boost state economic growth and create jobs.

    Academic Research Lacks Consensus on the Impact of State Tax Cuts on Economic Growth — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

    The National Association for Business Economics survey asks how higher taxes and lower government spending effected businesses in the first three months of 2013.

    Ninety-three percent of respondents say the political developments had no effect on employment levels in the first quarter, and 95 percent say they had no impact on capital spending plans.

    Fiscal Cliff Had No Effect On Employment, U.S. Businesses Say
    Guess it depends on who you ask

    EPA

    and whether or not you are directly involved in paying for those regulations and higher taxes.

  3. #843
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So the answer is as I posted, since you claim that regulations don't cause hiring problems and I disagree then the answer would be to eliminate regulations to see if employment changes. I totally agree.

    Do you have a solution to the employment problem we have in this country?

    Your support of increased govt. intervention in the private sector is noted but the question is why?
    Again, we did deregulate. Some claim that got us into our trouble.

    Investors Beware: Securities Deregulation is Here Again, and It Will Hurt


    Investors Beware: Securities Deregulation is Here Again, and It Will Hurt - Forbes

    But, I'm asking you to support your claims. i don't think you can. I think that is why you're foundering here.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #844
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess it depends on who you ask

    EPA

    and whether or not you are directly involved in paying for those regulations and higher taxes.

    Yes, one specific versus all. If you read the same people, you'll find they say it hurts in one but helps in another, making job creation a wash. So, the effect is as I said, as supported by the people you link, minimal.

    But at least you finally tried.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #845
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, we did deregulate. Some claim that got us into our trouble.

    Investors Beware: Securities Deregulation is Here Again, and It Will Hurt


    Investors Beware: Securities Deregulation is Here Again, and It Will Hurt - Forbes

    But, I'm asking you to support your claims. i don't think you can. I think that is why you're foundering here.

    What does any of this have to do with businesses hiring new employees and growing the labor force? You are so pro regulation that you really don't care if the regulations are relevant or not to hiring and job creation

  6. #846
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    History apparently is awfully subjective, and thats really unfortunate.

    What historical snap shot has you convinced you that greater regulation, larger government and arbitrary cost increases on American Bussineses and individuals leads to strong economic growth ?

    Please, be specific.
    I know, when you don't like the story it tells. but, it had objective measurables. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #847
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What does any of this have to do with businesses hiring new employees and growing the labor force? You are so pro regulation that you really don't care if the regulations are relevant or not to hiring and job creation
    You mentioned deregulation. I showed effects of deregulation.

    So to recap: I supported that taxes and regulations have minimal effect on business on the whole. You ranted, but only came up with one business, which doesn't dispute what the same group said supporting me.

    Gotta go for now . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #848
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    You know, I find it interesting how often you incorporate perjoritive inflamatory words in your replies to me.

    Do you want me to report you, because I have no problem doing that?

    My statement was neither stupid, nor out of context.

    How could it be?

    It was simply a statement of fact. You're attempt to pervert it into something different is just your attempt to continue to attack without merit.

    I think you need to refrain from continuing to do this. I believe the TOS here are designed to keep people like you from attacking others.

    I'm sure the moderators would appreciate you trying to do that.
    I could give a rats what you do as far as reporting any thing, your argument is beyond stupid, the point has always been the level of manufacturing employment, not the number of buildings we call "factories". This debate is about people....not bricks.

    Often when people lose an argument, the look for any excuse to distract away from this loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #849
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I could give a rats what you do as far as reporting any thing, your argument is beyond stupid, the point has always been the level of manufacturing employment, not the number of buildings we call "factories". This debate is about people....not bricks.

    Often when people lose an argument, the look for any excuse to distract away from this loss.
    The country is losing and the more you defend the Obama incompetence the more you become part of the problem rather than the solution. Name for me anything Obama has done to increase demand so that companies will hire. Name for me the leadership qualities of Obama that have generated bipartisanship in Congress to get positive economic results? Let me know why the Republican House is called the do nothing House by liberals when bills passed by that House are sitting in Harry Reid's desk because he refuses to bring them to the floor for debate?

    Defense of the indefensible in itself is indefensible.

  10. #850
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I could give a rats what you do as far as reporting any thing, your argument is beyond stupid, the point has always been the level of manufacturing employment, not the number of buildings we call "factories". This debate is about people....not bricks.

    Often when people lose an argument, the look for any excuse to distract away from this loss.
    Is that what you are doing? Looking for any excuse to distract away from your loss?

    It's not working, the train wreck appears to be something you want to be quite visable. I'd think your ego would want to avoid that.

    But hey, smolder along. Far be it from me to stop you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •