Page 72 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #711
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    By not addressing the housing problem before it imploded. Now how about answering the question, when are you going to hold Obama responsible for the poor economic results generated?
    Total BS. The financial meltdown was created by the banksters and Wall Street. Remember Bush said they were drunk? I keep telling, Obama is not responsible for the poor economic conditions. These things go in cycles.

  2. #712
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    ToastyOats;1062028466]No.

    The budget is a bit more complicated than the end debt result. You want to talk up Reagan and trash Obama for spending? Fine, but don't shirk away when that actual data starts to chip away at your perceptions. I care about spending and revenue trends, I want the deficit to go down and hopefully one day start paying down our debts, and looking at these factors and where they have been and are going matter. Math matters.
    I will never run from discussing Reagan, this just isn't the thread to do that. Why do we need an increase in a 3.7 trillion dollar budget? Shouldn't there be a decrease? Why would anyone compare the spending of Reagan to the spending of Obama when Obama had a high baseline to start with than Reagan?



    The CBO is as accurate as it can be, it's not perfect and anyone would admit that. Life happens, laws get adjusted, hurricanes occur, economies shift, estimates change, not getting around that for sure. Problem is for the most part I'm using past and current budgets, spending, and jobs numbers to draw my conclusions, times already bygone and not chronologically able to be subjected to estimation. The only projections I've used were the $3.8 trillion spending estimate you gave based off of a budget request for FY 2013-2014, and the $3.53T spending estimated for the fiscal year ending in just three months.
    The CBO was as accurate as intended, it is non partisan but assumptions aren't. Name for me a CBO projection that has been accurate. Again, stop buying the rhetoric that we need a 3.5 trillion dollar budget let alone a 3.8 trillion dollar budget.

    As for the ACA aka Obamacare, the CBO still is telling Paul Ryan that repealing the law would INCREASE the budget deficit.

    http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...ments/hr45.pdf
    Putting 21 million Americans back to work full time will help govt. revenue and lower the deficit. Repealing Obamacare removes a hiring obstacle.



    People were on the sugar high, and I don't blame them at all. On the surface, we had a better economy and employment from between when Reagan took and left office, but at the cost of massive budget deficits for the time and mroe or less that start of the era of fiscal irresponsibility. It would be nice to see another 17 million jobs into the economy by the time Obama leaves office and I hope we get there. Thanks to Congressional stagnation and a shrinking pubic jobs sector, we're kind of trying to do this with one hand tied and I'm less than optimistic that we'll get there by January 2017.
    People always get on a sugar high when they have more spendable income. Never did I do better than I did during the Reagan term. Those massive budget debts as you call them were 1.7 trillion dollars. What do you call the 6.2 trillion dollar debt of Obama?



    You keep conflating "the left" with hard economic statistics, why?
    Because it is time to start holding the left accountable for failures. God knows how they point to the failures of the Republicans but never accept responsibility for their own failures.

    As for projections, as I said before, life happens and estimates change because of that. No projections from anyone are perfect or 100% accurate, certainly not Obama's any other president's. For the most part though, I'm not talking into the "maybes" but what has happened and what is happening now.
    Projections always change, why is it that the left never points to those changes when the make their original projections look bad?



    That is laughably partisan and unprovable. Even the Wall Street Journal concedes that Bush's job numbers were lousy at best, and negative at worst.
    Yes, Bush's job numbers in 2008 were terrible. Up to that point and when the Republicans controlled the Congress they weren't bad at all nor was the economic growth. The fact is however those numbers don't matter at all, Bush isn't in office, Obama is and the numbers he has generated are a disaster but he sure has no problem blaming someone else and taking vacations.



    You say that, and yet the only job growth that has occurred under Obama and his big government liberal cabal has been pretty much exclusively in the private sector. Every month for the last 30 straight, the private jobs market has grown whereas the public market has shrunk.

    Which I'm okay with, the private sector should lead the way, but you know, "something something liberal socialism Obama something big govt. something cult" or whatever rhetoric the internet right-wingers are babbling about these days :rolls.
    The job growth is anemic and it is the private sector that will always generate jobs regardless of who is in office, the question however is how many and where is the incentive to grow jobs. The job growth last month was mostly part time positions and that isn't sustainable. Jobs are never going to be created in the numbers necessary until Obama is fired or leaves office. He has no concept as to how the private sector works as he never had to make a payroll. He doesn't seem to understand that private businesses have to generate the revenue to pay for higher taxes, more regulations, and Obamacare

  3. #713
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Total BS. The financial meltdown was created by the banksters and Wall Street. Remember Bush said they were drunk? I keep telling, Obama is not responsible for the poor economic conditions. These things go in cycles.
    Does it matter now? What has Obama done to correct the problem? Oh, he hired Geithner and Lawrence Summers and others who helped create the crisis but that doesn't matter to you, does it? What is it about Obama that blinds people like you to reality?

  4. #714
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The post office has never been efficient and always loses money. Just like a liberal who cannot accept reality. The govt. isn't there to make your life easier, it was created to protect you. Govt is out of control as evidenced by the 3.8 trillion dollar Federal Budget. Why do we need a 3.8 trillion dollar budget? Our Founders are rolling over in their grave all because people like you want to delegate responsibility to a federal entity because you cannot influence your own state and local govt.
    Are you keeping, during a time when it served the country well, they delivered our mail very efficiently. You're just locked into a false narrative and don't question you're mistaken assumptions often enough.

    As for the founding fathers, I wouldn't be too quick to speak for them. They worked to solve problems and not only have supported everything, but might have went further had to lived through the history. No one cam say with certainty, but you have them stuck in place and time with no ability to learn nor adapt. I wouldn't consider them that fixed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #715
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you keeping, during a time when it served the country well, they delivered our mail very efficiently. You're just locked into a false narrative and don't question you're mistaken assumptions often enough.

    As for the founding fathers, I wouldn't be too quick to speak for them. They worked to solve problems and not only have supported everything, but might have went further had to lived through the history. No one cam say with certainty, but you have them stuck in place and time with no ability to learn nor adapt. I wouldn't consider them that fixed.
    What one can say is they left England with an oppressive central govt and believed in a small central govt. with the power resting closest to the people. That isn't what liberalism believes or supports. Our Founders would be turning over in their grave seeing a 3.8 trillion dollar budget and the massive dependence the govt. has created.

  6. #716
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The post office has never been efficient and always loses money.
    Do you ever check what you are saying?

    about.usps.com news national releases 2012 pr12_0217profitability.jpg

    http://about.usps.com/news/national-...fitability.pdf

    Just like a liberal who cannot accept reality.
    Really reality? After what you said above?

  7. #717
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Do you ever check what you are saying?

    about.usps.com news national releases 2012 pr12_0217profitability.jpg

    http://about.usps.com/news/national-...fitability.pdf



    Really reality? After what you said above?
    What is it about liberalism that believes anything they are told when a liberal is in the WH but believes nothing they are told when that person in the WH is a Republican? What is it about unsustainable losses that you don't understand? Why would you buy a proposal of returning the post office to profitability? Let me know when that happens.

  8. #718
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is it about liberalism that believes anything they are told when a liberal is in the WH but believes nothing they are told when that person in the WH is a Republican? What is it about unsustainable losses that you don't understand? Why would you buy a proposal of returning the post office to profitability? Let me know when that happens.
    Fact the post office has been profitable in the past as recently as 2006. Fact you said it always losses money.

  9. #719
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    could be because the answer can not be answered by a yes or a no.
    He typed the following when I asked him to just type 'y' or 'n', instead of yes or no:

    'I can, I choose not to, because I've already directly answered this question twice. Why answer it again when you'll simply ignore it a third time?'

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062027482


    And I have never seen these answers of his.

    Yet he refuses to either post a link to them, tell me where they are or just repeat them for Pete's sake and save both of us a ton of hassle.

    It's not a complicated question - either you think it's good or you don't.

    And if you are unsure - then say that.

    But claiming over and over again you answered and then refusing to say what you said or where you typed it is just bizarre, imo.

  10. #720
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What one can say is they left England with an oppressive central govt and believed in a small central govt. with the power resting closest to the people. That isn't what liberalism believes or supports. Our Founders would be turning over in their grave seeing a 3.8 trillion dollar budget and the massive dependence the govt. has created.
    Yep, they wanted representation. We have that. And have been paying any attention at all, both parties have increased federal powers.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •