Page 7 of 215 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #61
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,985

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    IF you aren't a liberal then look at the numbers rationally. Do you understand the components of GDP? Don't you think that with over 6 trillion added to the debt and a 3.7 trillion dollar budget that the GDP Growth would be higher?
    And once more, you attempt to change the discussion.

    Your last post doesn't prove me wrong because it doesn't address what I posted nor does it really address the BLS data or actual numbers. If you bothered to check the actual results and compare then to what Obama inherited as well as what the numbers were before the recession you wouldn't be so happy about posting the information.
    And again, you are being dishonest in the conversation. Obama inherited an economy that was falling, not one that had fallen. I'm comparing the information from the economy at the lowest point of the recession (which started before Obama took office) to the information now. Which is why I can state unequivocally the economy is doing better.

    Look, here's the deal. You're wrong. I've proven you wrong multiple times and you keep trying to change the context of the discussion and comparing apples to oranges. I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of your silly partisan nonsense, because you will undoubtedly continue to engage in a dishonest discourse, all to deflect from the fact the economy has continued to improve under Obama since the height of the recession.

    You are the proof of my earlier statement about how Republicans/conservatives hate the fact things are getting better. You hate it so much you are even denying the facts which are presented before your eyes. So you go on with your ridiculous statements which ignore the truth because of your irrational hatred of Obama. I don't plan on reading any more of it.

  2. #62
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What about the 14.3% U-6 rate
    What about it?
    and the over 1 million people that dropped out of the labor force last month.
    That's not in any way an accurate number. About 6,500,000 people left the labor force between mid May and Mid June.
    But at the same time about 6,687,000 entered the Labor Force, for a positive net change. source:Labor force status flows by sex, current month

    There isn't an individual that I know who doesn't want job creation but context matter and it is context that you want to ignore.[/QUOTE]
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    And once more, you attempt to change the discussion.

    And again, you are being dishonest in the conversation. Obama inherited an economy that was falling, not one that had fallen. I'm comparing the information from the economy at the lowest point of the recession (which started before Obama took office) to the information now. Which is why I can state unequivocally the economy is doing better.

    Look, here's the deal. You're wrong. I've proven you wrong multiple times and you keep trying to change the context of the discussion and comparing apples to oranges. I'm not even going to bother to read the rest of your silly partisan nonsense, because you will undoubtedly continue to engage in a dishonest discourse, all to deflect from the fact the economy has continued to improve under Obama since the height of the recession.

    You are the proof of my earlier statement about how Republicans/conservatives hate the fact things are getting better. You hate it so much you are even denying the facts which are presented before your eyes. So you go on with your ridiculous statements which ignore the truth because of your irrational hatred of Obama. I don't plan on reading any more of it.
    I am sure that is what you believe and what you want to believe. You have yet to prove me wrong but you have ignored all the data posted. You haven't proven me wrong because you haven't addressed the data presented. Have at it, take your best shot. Only a true liberal could say that the economy is improving at a level good enough to actually make a difference. Obama inherited a recession, no question about it, the question is what economic policy did he have in place that brought us out of it in June 2009? I anxiously await an honest evaluation of the Obama economic policies. You want badly to believe what you are told but what you are told and the fact that you buy it makes you look and sound foolish. It really is a shame and shows why we are in the mess we are in. Deficits don't matter, debt doesn't matter, unemployment, discouraged workers, under employed people don't matter, low economic growth doesn't matter. How about a little inlellectual honesty for a change? Having such low expectations are going to lead to your demise in the future.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    What about it?
    That's not in any way an accurate number. About 6,500,000 people left the labor force between mid May and Mid June.
    But at the same time about 6,687,000 entered the Labor Force, for a positive net change. source:Labor force status flows by sex, current month

    There isn't an individual that I know who doesn't want job creation but context matter and it is context that you want to ignore.
    [/QUOTE]

    LOL, discouraged workers are monthly not cumulative and this is terrible performance. You claim it isn't an accurate number, then what is? You seem to have a problem with BLS so take up that issue with them.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,985

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama inherited a recession, no question about it, the question is what economic policy did he have in place that brought us out of it in June 2009?
    Against my better judgment, I did read your next post and once more, I see the ridiculousness.

    The effects of the recession did not end in June 2009. You're simply trying to play word games. You're referring to the technical, but I'm talking about the actual effects on unemployment.

    As for the rest of your post, it's the same nonsense I've noted. You keep trying to pull in extraneous information, all because of your intense dislike of the improving economy. You want me to engage in intellectual honesty, yet you keep saying I haven't addressed the BLS data, when I clearly sourced it in my earlier post, and that I won't address your comparison to a time which is irrelevant to our discussion. It's people like you who so turn me off to the Republican Party. You ignore the truth, because you want so badly for the Democrat to fail. You make up stuff, you engage in nonsensical comparisons, all because you want your team to win.

    Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt Democrats would/do do the same thing. It's just that people like you are so much worse about it right now, probably because the President has a D behind his name. So you go on with your nonsense, ignore the falling deficit spending, the lower U-6 rate and lower unemployment rate even as the number of people in the labor force rise, the rising GDP rate, the trend of fewer discouraged workers, the near record high stock market, etc. You keep doing that because, at the end of the day, those facts don't align with your political agenda. So go put on your red cheerleader outfit and shout some more Republican/conservative rhetoric. This time I truly will not bother to respond.

  6. #66
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    here is one: we show job losses since the beginning of the Recession (excluding for the impact of census hiring), juxtaposed to the natural growth rate of the Labor Pool (and not the artificial one, which according to the BLS is the same now as it was a year ago).
    Ummmmm "natural growth of the Labor Pool?" What is your definition of "labor pool?" And what makes the BLS definition of Labor Force "artificicial?" How do you think BLS calculates the Labor Force?



    [qutoe]Chart 2: We demonstrate that the cumulative jobs lost since December 2007, are in fact materially greater when adjusting for a realistic change in the labor force, instead of that presented by the administration, which naively expect people to believe that the labor force in August 2010 (154,110) was lower than that in August 2009 (154,426). [B]That in the meantime the US population grew by 2.5 million seems to make no difference to the administration. [/quote] Are you claiming there were more employed, or more unemployed, or more of both?

    hmmmm or was that all a cut and paste job?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Ummmmm "natural growth of the Labor Pool?" What is your definition of "labor pool?" And what makes the BLS definition of Labor Force "artificicial?" How do you think BLS calculates the Labor Force?



    [qutoe]Chart 2: We demonstrate that the cumulative jobs lost since December 2007, are in fact materially greater when adjusting for a realistic change in the labor force, instead of that presented by the administration, which naively expect people to believe that the labor force in August 2010 (154,110) was lower than that in August 2009 (154,426). [B]That in the meantime the US population grew by 2.5 million seems to make no difference to the administration.
    Are you claiming there were more employed, or more unemployed, or more of both?

    hmmmm or was that all a cut and paste job?[/QUOTE]

    Well the link was with the Chart.....but you can have the link and all the references that go along with it. Including the BLS and CBO.

    So let's adjusted the chart using Bank of America's projections, which assumesa gradual increase in the unemployment rate to 10% by Q3 2010 and a decline since then. We chart these projections on the chart below. According to this adjusted case, the payroll number will never return to the December 2007 baseline for the duration of Obama's term, even if one assumes 200K job pick ups beginning in January 2012 and continuing every month thereafter (as we have done). In November 2016 we forecast an unemployment rate of 5.7% using these assumptions. They are presented visually below:



    And just to demonstrate what the recession will look like assuming even this quite optimstic assumption, here is the famous post WW2 recession comparison chart adjusted for an expansion of the depression (let's not split hairs here) labor force, that started in December 2007: it is shaping up to be 7 years before the jobs lost finally are put back into the system. And that's for those optimistically inclined.



    So before everyone gets all political on who has done a more bang up job of destroying the economy, perhaps both sides can explain how they each got the US to a point where even wildly optimstic projections assume that the length of the most recent economic slowdown will take 85 months to resolve (and, in all reality, far, far longer).

    Obama Must Create 230,000 Jobs A Month Until The End Of His Second Term For Return To Breakeven - Charting The New "7 Year Itch" Normal | Zero Hedge

    References used.....and all links! So there is no mistaking the stats.

    BLS Bureau of Labor Statistics Corruption Ethan Harris New Normal Obama Administration Reality Recession recovery Technical Analysis Unemployment

    You weren't going to try and say, that the US population didn't grow now were you?

  8. #68
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Slyfox696;1062017598]Against my better judgment, I did read your next post and once more, I see the ridiculousness.

    The effects of the recession did not end in June 2009. You're simply trying to play word games. You're referring to the technical, but I'm talking about the actual effects on unemployment.
    Sorry but I didn't say the effects of the recession ended in June 2009 only that the recession ended meaning that the economy wasn't in a downward spiral. Tell me the truth is this what you expected out of Obama when he was elected in 2008? The results just do not warrant the money spent and the debt created.

    As for the rest of your post, it's the same nonsense I've noted. You keep trying to pull in extraneous information, all because of your intense dislike of the improving economy. You want me to engage in intellectual honesty, yet you keep saying I haven't addressed the BLS data, when I clearly sourced it in my earlier post, and that I won't address your comparison to a time which is irrelevant to our discussion. It's people like you who so turn me off to the Republican Party. You ignore the truth, because you want so badly for the Democrat to fail. You make up stuff, you engage in nonsensical comparisons, all because you want your team to win.
    Guess I just have higher expectations than you and don't believe the economic results today are worth the investment and the direction Obama is taking us. You seem to lack a basic understanding of what my leaning is. I am NOT a Republican, I am a Conservative and there is quite a difference. It just happens that the Republican Party is closer to my point of view than Obama and the Democrat Party of today. Name for me the economic policies of Obama that you support?

    Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt Democrats would/do do the same thing. It's just that people like you are so much worse about it right now, probably because the President has a D behind his name. So you go on with your nonsense, ignore the falling deficit spending, the lower U-6 rate and lower unemployment rate even as the number of people in the labor force rise, the rising GDP rate, the trend of fewer discouraged workers, the near record high stock market, etc. You keep doing that because, at the end of the day, those facts don't align with your political agenda. So go put on your red cheerleader outfit and shout some more Republican/conservative rhetoric. This time I truly will not bother to respond.
    LOL, reduction in Deficit spending? You mean the sequester that Obama said would be a disaster? You think Obama wanted to cut spending? You think a 3% reduction in the U-6 rate is something to cheer? Ok, great, it is down 3% at a cost of over 6 trillion dollars and the 4th largest budget item, debt service. You think a labor force increase of 1.5 million in 4 years keeps up with population growth? Sorry that isn't even close. You think 2% GDP growth is good economic growth? Sorry but you are the one that doesn't understand the economy at all.
    You think Obama has anything to do with the stock market?

    My political agenda is one that promotes the foundation upon which this country was built, a small central govt. and a private sector economy that promotes individual wealth creation.

  9. #69
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    LOL, discouraged workers are monthly not cumulative and this is terrible performance.[/quote]You didn't specify discouraged, you just said dropped out. And it is a monthly snapshot of total discouraged, not just those who are in their first month of discouragement.

    You claim it isn't an accurate number, then what is?
    I gave you the numbers of people who left and entered the labor force. Net change was positive. Discouraged went up a lot, which is unusual, but so far not significant.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    I gave you the numbers of people who left and entered the labor force. Net change was positive. Discouraged went up a lot, which is unusual, but so far not significant.

    Wrong, the u-6 number is unemployed, DISCOURAGED, and under employed. Discouraged workers are people who dropped out because they couldn't find a job and saw no prospects of a job.

    The number is 21 million and has nothing to do with retirees. You don't think a million in June was significant? Do you really have such low standards? GW Bush who is Satan to liberals never had a million discouraged workers in a month. My bet is most liberals wouldn't be too happy if these numbers were a Republicans

Page 7 of 215 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •