Page 53 of 215 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #521
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You continue to avoid the point, you would not be hired by him, you could not therefore claim from a personal viewpoint that he is a good employer, only those who work for him can make that personal judgement.
    But you've never worked for "him", yet your able to make a claim "he" is a bad employer?

    Remarkable...

  2. #522
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I bet you're clueless about that as well.
    The average newly hired long term unemployed is not getting a $50K salary.

    Clueless, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #523
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted and since you claim to speak for all the long term unemployed please cite your experience and expertise in knowing what motivates the long term unemployed to stay unemployed for two years? Wonder if it has anything to do with unemployment benefits? Think they will manage your money any better?
    It's simple, productivity has greatly outpaced wages. Things are made so that they can be sold. The only people who can buy things are people who make money. Employment drops when productivity outpaces wages.

    Wages - savings + borrowing = consumption
    Consumption / productivity = # of jobs.

  4. #524
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The average newly hired long term unemployed is not getting a $50K salary.

    Clueless, indeed.
    I made no mention of newly hired, or long term unemployed. I was curious to see what number you would estimate, based on your business experience.

    I think your reply answers many questions.

  5. #525
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    But you've never worked for "him", yet your able to make a claim "he" is a bad employer?

    Remarkable...
    I did not make such a judgement, I said anyone who whines about the long term unemployed, constantly using them as a club in their arguments....when they previous and continuously repeat they would not hire the long term unemployed.......are making hypocritical statements.

    It is remarkable that you have yet to comprehend that.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #526
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I made no mention of newly hired, or long term unemployed.
    Then you are removing yourself from the context of the conversation ....as per usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #527
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    It's simple, productivity has greatly outpaced wages. Things are made so that they can be sold. The only people who can buy things are people who make money. Employment drops when productivity outpaces wages.

    Wages - savings + borrowing = consumption
    Consumption / productivity = # of jobs.
    So to improve employment, the country needs to become less productive?

  8. #528
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Oh you mean the thirty three or so bills repealing the affordable care act, the bills that are banning abortion, letting unemployment benefits expire, and bills cutting food stamps.

    How do any of those create jobs?
    No, sorry, I posted the link to those bills in a previous post to Donc in this thread. I suggest you do some research.

    Just as I thought, though, you are nothing more than a big govt. liberal who has no concept as to who pays the bills for all those liberal programs. Creating jobs isn't something a liberal really cares about except to create jobs of dependence and civil service.

    I assure you that one of these days you will indeed mature and realize what a fool liberalism made out of you. I know because I did grow up as well.

  9. #529
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I didn't say no attention, but they won't throw away opportunity to make money because of them. They will adjust. They always have. You guys tend to use what was happening before reform as being his fault. That's often just silly.
    Yes, because business has to adjust they do, and that adjustment means fewer employees and no growth. Congratulations on exceptional Obama leadership for generating that kind of climate. Anyone that thinks the Presidential leadership doesn't impact the economy and human behavior is truly nave.

  10. #530
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Then you are removing yourself from the context of the conversation ....as per usual.
    I was interested to gain some perspective on your business experience.

    You have provided that...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •