Page 52 of 215 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #511
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted and since you claim to speak for all the long term unemployed please cite your experience and expertise in knowing what motivates the long term unemployed to stay unemployed for two years? Wonder if it has anything to do with unemployment benefits? Think they will manage your money any better?
    Not only are you playing the dishonest "absolute" argument, you still continue to make this a morality based argument, that the"motivation" is freeloading. You just can't bring yourself to acknowledge the reality of the job market which is compounded by your espoused views on NOT hiring the long term unemployed.

    Since it is a combination of negative morality viewpoints, it shows a hatred of the person....it is an irrational viewpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #512
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    one bad practice doesn't a bad employer make. i don't agree with not considering the long term unemployed. however, it's still possible that the employer treats its existing employees well. if one practice like that automatically makes an employer "bad," then there are probably no "good" employers.
    You are still avoiding the point, you would not be hired by him, you do not agree with his views on discrimination of the long term unemployed, therefore for you he could not be a "good" employer.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #513
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your quote of mine says two years. Stop posting that which you don't want repeated
    If you want to qualify your previous statement, that is entirely your option.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Recovery woes: America's second-largest employer is a temp agency | WashingtonExaminer.com

    Friday's disappointing jobs report showed that part-time jobs are at an all-time high, with 28 million Americans now working part-time. The report also showed another disturbing fact: There are now a record number of Americans with temporary jobs.

  5. #515
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,908

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, civics says you are wrong, The house is where all Appropriation bills begin, not where all legislation start. Why don't you ask Harry Reid why he is sitting on House passed bills and refusing to allow the Senate to debate them? Donc gets it, why don't you? Your view of the do nothing House is distorted based upon the media reports that continue to ignore House passed legislation.
    Oh you mean the thirty three or so bills repealing the affordable care act, the bills that are banning abortion, letting unemployment benefits expire, and bills cutting food stamps.

    How do any of those create jobs?

  6. #516
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you want to qualify your previous statement, that is entirely your option.
    For the average business, how much gross revenue is required to cover the cost of an employee being paid $50k/yr, plus average benefits?

  7. #517
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you are telling me that businesses are going to pay no attention to Obama economic policies? What you ignore as do most liberals is that private business has to meet a payroll and higher taxes, more regulations, and Obamacare raise operating expenses that require more revenue to pay. A business doesn't get the revenue the business doesn't hire. That is what is happening today thanks to Obama. You saying a President doesn't control the economy ignores the impact his policies do have on the economy.
    I didn't say no attention, but they won't throw away opportunity to make money because of them. They will adjust. They always have. You guys tend to use what was happening before reform as being his fault. That's often just silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #518
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    one bad practice doesn't a bad employer make. i don't agree with not considering the long term unemployed. however, it's still possible that the employer treats its existing employees well. if one practice like that automatically makes an employer "bad," then there are probably no "good" employers.
    You continue to avoid the point, you would not be hired by him, you could not therefore claim from a personal viewpoint that he is a good employer, only those who work for him can make that personal judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #519
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    For the average business, how much gross revenue is required to cover the cost of an employee being paid $50k/yr, plus average benefits?
    How much is tea in China?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #520
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    How much is tea in China?
    I bet you're clueless about that as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •