Page 51 of 215 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #501
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How many long term unemployed have you hired? Get some help reading my response since obviously comprehension isn't a strong suit. This isn't a union shop where you hire the one out of work the longest, you hire the most qualified and one with the best work ethic depending on the job. Since you don't hire people your comments are opinion only and don't touch reality.
    Those who have been in long term unemployment are not in that condition due to "ethics", this is again the conservative Ayn Rand morality play. It is an continuing avoidance of why the unemployment numbers are the way they are.

    This is not about morality.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #502
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Two years unemployed? Why? Why would you hire someone who was unemployed for two years collecting an unemployment check? Are you going to get the right employee representing you to the public with that track record? For someone that never hires anyone I suggest you stop telling those of us who do that we are wrong since you have nothing to compare our choices to.
    You said two years, I did not. You continue to make this about morality, ignoring that there 3 unemployed for every job. You don't want them to get UI, you don't want govt assistance for retraining, you think that deregulation will cure this.......sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #503
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you oppose keeping more of your own money and believe the govt. needs it more? Working people today are still benefiting from the Bush tax cuts whereas people working today aren't benefiting from the Obama tax cuts. I find it interesting that you cannot see the difference. Could it be political ideology blinding you?
    Many of the people not working today are not working because of the of the Bush tax cuts, especially those in the public sector. The tax rates established by President Clinton were working just fine.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Those who have been in long term unemployment are not in that condition due to "ethics", this is again the conservative Ayn Rand morality play. It is an continuing avoidance of why the unemployment numbers are the way they are.

    This is not about morality.
    Your opinion noted and since you claim to speak for all the long term unemployed please cite your experience and expertise in knowing what motivates the long term unemployed to stay unemployed for two years? Wonder if it has anything to do with unemployment benefits? Think they will manage your money any better?

  5. #505
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You said two years, I did not. You continue to make this about morality, ignoring that there 3 unemployed for every job. You don't want them to get UI, you don't want govt assistance for retraining, you think that deregulation will cure this.......sometime.
    I want the employee that is going to represent me the best to the public not the one who spent 2 years unemployed and collected a paycheck from the taxpayers. That may or may not be the long term unemployed but the choice is mine because it is my investment that I am protecting.

  6. #506
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you show is your inability to understand what leadership is. President's do not control the economy but their leadership influences the economic policies that do. A good leader doesn't continue to blame someone else for their own failures. A good leader takes a bad situation and makes it better not a bad situation and keeps it the same.

    I have shown that you are the one that doesn't know what the numbers mean and that like far too many wage slaves have no concept of what it costs to run a business and what an intrusive Federal Govt. does to those costs with programs like Obamacare, more regulations, and higher taxes.
    No, not that much. No. I'm not going to lose money just because the president is weak. it really doesn't work that way. Sorry.

    And regulations? If we need them, we need them. If not, show which ones we don't and why. Before reform, we pay more than any country in the world. Seems to me if you were worried about cost, you'd want more reform and not less.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #507
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Many of the people not working today are not working because of the of the Bush tax cuts, especially those in the public sector. The tax rates established by President Clinton were working just fine.
    Then the govt needs to stop spending money and forcing unfunded mandates on the states. The tax rates established under Clinton were revised due to the Republican controlled Congress. Tell me what benefit raising taxes does for the unemployed? Does that create greater demand for jobs. Would that create an atmosphere for your employer to hire more people? There is no benefit to raising taxes in this economy and you know it because you are smarter than this.

  8. #508
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, not that much. No. I'm not going to lose money just because the president is weak. it really doesn't work that way. Sorry.

    And regulations? If we need them, we need them. If not, show which ones we don't and why. Before reform, we pay more than any country in the world. Seems to me if you were worried about cost, you'd want more reform and not less.
    So you are telling me that businesses are going to pay no attention to Obama economic policies? What you ignore as do most liberals is that private business has to meet a payroll and higher taxes, more regulations, and Obamacare raise operating expenses that require more revenue to pay. A business doesn't get the revenue the business doesn't hire. That is what is happening today thanks to Obama. You saying a President doesn't control the economy ignores the impact his policies do have on the economy.

  9. #509
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You said two years, I did not. You continue to make this about morality, ignoring that there 3 unemployed for every job. You don't want them to get UI, you don't want govt assistance for retraining, you think that deregulation will cure this.......sometime.
    Your quote of mine says two years. Stop posting that which you don't want repeated

  10. #510
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,096

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are avoiding the point made, those who will not hire the long term unemployed would not hire you as anything.
    one bad practice doesn't a bad employer make. i don't agree with not considering the long term unemployed. however, it's still possible that the employer treats its existing employees well. if one practice like that automatically makes an employer "bad," then there are probably no "good" employers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •