Page 50 of 215 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #491
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Bush was term limited, not fired.
    Agreed.

  2. #492
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it mostly means he wasn't a perfect employer. pretty much every good employer i have worked for has had at least one stupid, anti-worker / counterproductive policy that i disagree with completely. the job that broke my nine month streak was awesome. however, they hired me as a ****ing "independent contractor," i had no job security, and i was somewhat mislead about whether i would be made a permanent employee. i was on track to be hired permanently, and then they sent the boss two levels above my supervisor to China. new guy didn't know me, and decided to pare down the team. i was first on the chopping block. that's what happens when workers have no representation, even if the worker is highly skilled and educated. still, the job was great, paid very well, and i definitely wanted to stay.
    Never claimed to be a perfect employer but was always held accountable for the results I generated. If I hired the wrong employee it cost me. My question to any perspective employee who was long term unemployed is why you were on unemployment so long and didn't take another job even though more qualified. Initiative and work ethic was very important to me. The long term unemployed gets further in the interview by the answer he/she gives.

  3. #493
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Bush was term limited, not fired.
    Yes, Bush wasn't fired but Bush's chosen replacement wasn't hired meaning that the Bush economic results led to the firing of the Republican Party. How did that work out for the country?

  4. #494
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it mostly means he wasn't a perfect employer. pretty much every good employer i have worked for has had at least one stupid, anti-worker / counterproductive policy that i disagree with completely. the job that broke my nine month streak was awesome. however, they hired me as a ****ing "independent contractor," i had no job security, and i was somewhat mislead about whether i would be made a permanent employee. i was on track to be hired permanently, and then they sent the boss two levels above my supervisor to China. new guy didn't know me, and decided to pare down the team. i was first on the chopping block. that's what happens when workers have no representation, even if the worker is highly skilled and educated. still, the job was great, paid very well, and i definitely wanted to stay.
    You are avoiding the point made, those who will not hire the long term unemployed would not hire you as anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #495
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you oppose keeping more of your own money and believe the govt. needs it more? Working people today are still benefiting from the Bush tax cuts whereas people working today aren't benefiting from the Obama tax cuts. I find it interesting that you cannot see the difference. Could it be political ideology blinding you?
    You seem to be forgetting that the house is were all legeslation starts and any jobs or economic policy Obama proposed in a bill has never seen the light of day. At least that has been the case since 2010.

  6. #496
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument is totally faulty, of course it is the standard business practice, to not hire those who have been out of work.....but that is not a solution for the current conditions. Further, you don't want fed spending on those unemployed for training to get them up to speed or to change jobs.

    Your arguments leaves them in the cold, you have no solutions for those you continue to use as a club.
    And your solutions are?

  7. #497
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your argument is totally faulty, of course it is the standard business practice, to not hire those who have been out of work.....but that is not a solution for the current conditions. Further, you don't want fed spending on those unemployed for training to get them up to speed or to change jobs.

    Your arguments leaves them in the cold, you have no solutions for those you continue to use as a club.
    How many long term unemployed have you hired? Get some help reading my response since obviously comprehension isn't a strong suit. This isn't a union shop where you hire the one out of work the longest, you hire the most qualified and one with the best work ethic depending on the job. Since you don't hire people your comments are opinion only and don't touch reality.

  8. #498
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, that isn't what I admitted, but keep playing the baiting diversion game. Post 484 explains it well to you. maybe you ought to get someone to help you read it.
    rewind...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Remind me again....if a guy has been out of work for a while.....you won't hire him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For a while? Two years? Yes I won't hire someone who has been out of work for 2 years, no initiative, no drive, and someone who has lived off the taxpayers for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #499
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You seem to be forgetting that the house is were all legeslation starts and any jobs or economic policy Obama proposed in a bill has never seen the light of day. At least that has been the case since 2010.
    No, civics says you are wrong, The house is where all Appropriation bills begin, not where all legislation start. Why don't you ask Harry Reid why he is sitting on House passed bills and refusing to allow the Senate to debate them? Donc gets it, why don't you? Your view of the do nothing House is distorted based upon the media reports that continue to ignore House passed legislation.

  10. #500
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    rewind...
    Two years unemployed? Why? Why would you hire someone who was unemployed for two years collecting an unemployment check? Are you going to get the right employee representing you to the public with that track record? For someone that never hires anyone I suggest you stop telling those of us who do that we are wrong since you have nothing to compare our choices to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •