Page 5 of 215 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #41
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Amusing. I saw nothing in the OP which twisted anything. The only people I've seen twist are the ones like...well...

    ...yes, you.

    Thank you for further proving me right. Republicans/conservatives HATE when there's good news. Quite frankly, I think it's rather un-American of you.
    Are numbers that hard for you to understand?

    We lost a bunch of full-time jobs and added a bunch of part-time jobs.

    This is third-grade stuff here.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here we go again, same tired old rhetoric that you believe it is the government's job to create jobs vs creating the environment for the private sector to create jobs. Keep buying the rhetoric and ignoring the results. Who pays for those jobs after the initial govt. expenditures run out or do you even care?

    Obamacare=job killer
    Higher taxes=job killer
    More regulations=job killer

    Liberalism=job killer
    Funny but I just posted results that show that liberalism has created twice the number of jobs as Conservatism. You can't deny that and if you were honest you would admit that you are pleased with those numbers. Republicans hate low unemployment. It boosts wages and leaves less people to demonize as deadbeats.
    Construction jobs are always temporary and so is the downturn in private construction. Putting those people to work now on our infrastucture would tide them over until housing is fully recovered. It is a no brainer because we will need to repair and upgrade out infrastructure anyway and cost will only go up. How many more bridges need to fall?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 07-05-13 at 03:44 PM.

  3. #43
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    It is a positive report, no matter how you look at it even if it is converting full time to part time jobs at least we aren't losing like we did 4 to 6 years ago. Obviously not a glorious report but it certainly could be worse. As for the government misinforming the people, stop grasping at strings to hate on the Obama administration. Yes, these past 5 years have sucked but strop ridiculing the administration over minuscule things.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  4. #44
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Welcome to Obamacare, more to come
    If the House is dumb enough to pass the immigration criminal amnesty act that the Senate did, one of the lies the Democrats can't wait to tell is the unemployment numbers are bad because X million new workers were added to the rolls. They would tell that lie for years and years but that wouldn't be anything new to a Democrat. But you are correct. Obamacare might end up being the biggest job killer in our nations history.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Funny but I just posted results that show that liberalism has created twice the number of jobs as Conservatism. You can't deny that and if you were honest you would admit that you are pleased with those numbers. Republicans hate low unemployment.
    Construction jobs are always temporary and so is the downturn in private construction. Putting those people to work now on our infratstucture would tide them over until housing is fully recovered. It is a no brainer because we will need to repair and upgrade out infrastructure anyway and cost will only go up. How many more bridges need to fall?
    What you posted ignores the independent data as well as the amount of debt created to generate those so called data of yours. Doesn't seem to matter as you either have a job or are retired and don't care about the 21 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers. What you don't seem to understand is that we have a growing population and still two million jobs less than when the recession started. over 10 million people joined the labor force during the Bush term and 1.5 million has joined the labor force since Obama has taken office.

    You want badly to buy the Obama rhetoric and believe liberalism works. therein lies your problem. By the way, wasn't the Obama 842 billion stimulus supposed to address infrastructure?

  6. #46
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,341

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you posted ignores the independent data as well as the amount of debt created to generate those so called data of yours. Doesn't seem to matter as you either have a job or are retired and don't care about the 21 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers. What you don't seem to understand is that we have a growing population and still two million jobs less than when the recession started. over 10 million people joined the labor force during the Bush term and 1.5 million has joined the labor force since Obama has taken office.

    You want badly to buy the Obama rhetoric and believe liberalism works. therein lies your problem.
    I'm glad you brought up Debt because adding to our debt is another Republican pastime that they have excelled at. And the amazing thing is their poor job creation while spending us into the poorhouse. It is a knack they have.


  7. #47
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I'm glad you brought up Debt because adding to our debt is another Republican pastime that they have excelled at.


    Absolutely amazing, Debt when Obama took office 10.6 trillion dollars and 16.8 trillion today. That is a liberal success story. We pay debt service on the total debt not the percentage of GDP. Which is higher debt service on the 1.7 trillion Reagan debt or the 6.2 trillion Obama debt?

  8. #48
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,335

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Harry never brought the President's proposals to the Senate floor, and you want to blame the minority party? That's a bit of a stretch. The President could have and should have worked where he could find agreement with the minority which is energy independence. Unfortunately, the President doesn't seem to have that goal as a priority, and his own party would probably have skewered him if he attempted. So, you see, this one way blame just doesn't fly anymore...
    Doesn't stop them from trying, though! And to be completely fair, it was BHO who said he was focusing like a laser on jobs, in 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. If Reid didn't do what BHO wanted, that's the minority party's fault? In which parallel universe? Sheesh!

    Good afternoon, AP!

  9. #49
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Doesn't stop them from trying, though! And to be completely fair, it was BHO who said he was focusing like a laser on jobs, in 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. If Reid didn't do what BHO wanted, that's the minority party's fault? In which parallel universe? Sheesh!

    Good afternoon, AP!
    Good day pg. The blame game is the easiest one to play, but it doesn't move us towards any type of solution...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    If the House is dumb enough to pass the immigration criminal amnesty act that the Senate did, one of the lies the Democrats can't wait to tell is the unemployment numbers are bad because X million new workers were added to the rolls. They would tell that lie for years and years but that wouldn't be anything new to a Democrat. But you are correct. Obamacare might end up being the biggest job killer in our nations history.
    FDR did the same thing with his NRA legislation and SCOTUS stepped in to late to reverse it

Page 5 of 215 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •