Page 48 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #471
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    He would not have hired you since you were unemployed for more than a year.
    nine months, actually.

    however, i am very much against discriminating against the long term unemployed.

  2. #472
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, your opinion noted, wrong as usual but noted. then again people like you always believe that someone else keeping more of their money because of tax cuts is an expense to the govt. Why isn't hat the case with you? You are so blinded by an ideology that has failed everywhere in the world that you simply have no credibility.
    And the pot calls the kettle black.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,283

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    thanks for the kind words, and it sounds like you were a good employer.
    Thanks, tried to be and to this day, 9 years after retiring I still get calls from people who worked for me. That means a lot to me and tells me that much of what I did was well worth it. I always seemed to recognize people trying and caring about what they did and knew and honest mistake from a dishonest one. I gave a lot of people a chance to succeed and the tools to succeed. Many are very successful today.

  4. #474
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,283

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    And the pot calls the kettle black.
    Aw, yes, more baiting and trolling. Prove that the numbers I have posted are wrong and paint a different picture than I presented. You cannot nor can you admit that you are wrong in your ideology.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting information again from the BEA.gov. Would love to have you explain to us all how Reagan cut taxes and grew individual income tax revenue?
    Sure, just as soon as you get around to proving my statement as wrong.

    You are sidestepping, you made a claim, back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #476
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    nine months, actually.

    however, i am very much against discriminating against the long term unemployed.
    Therefore, he is/was not a good employer.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,283

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure, just as soon as you get around to proving my statement as wrong.

    You are sidestepping, you made a claim, back it up.
    The chart proves it because unlike you I understand that people keeping more of what they earn isn't an expense to the govt. thus doesn't constitute govt. spending. Notice the personal income tax revenue with the Reagan tax cuts. Notice that govt revenue went up the same amount of govt. spending and it was the 17 plus million new employees that stimulated the economic growth due to tax cuts that provided incentive to spend and thus to hire.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,283

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Therefore, he is/was not a good employer.
    Isn't it amazing how someone who doesn't know me personally and because they dislike my political ideology has to get personal and make claims that they cannot back up? Life is about making choices. you chose your ideology and cannot refute the data I have posted and that frustrates you thus you lash out the only way you can, with a personal attack

  9. #479
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The chart proves
    That chart had nothing to do with the relative amounts of increased spending by Reagan and Obama, you are avoiding what you claimed I was wrong about.

    You cannot honestly debate anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #480
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Isn't it amazing how someone who doesn't know me
    Your previous statements about not hiring the long term unemployed have already been reposted in this thread.

    They are consistent with the rest of the Ayn Rand concept you espouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •