Page 47 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #461
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I seem to be able to consistently reduce your arguments to ad hominums. If you cannot show any examples of your ideas turning around an economy, perhaps they are worthless.

    Reagan did not turn things around by "leadership", he did it by massively spending.
    Your opinion noted however history provides a different picture than you paint

  2. #462
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, only 34%? Glad the 6.2 trillion doesn't matter..
    Sure beats the guy you would have voted for a third time.

  3. #463
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Ask the American people if they would prefer the 17 million jobs Reagan created, the doubling of GDP and a 60% increase in govt. income tax revenue to what Obama has generated. Less revenue is right and that happens when you have over 21 million Americans unemployed/under employed/discouraged along with so many on welfare, disabled, or dependent on other taxpayer funded programs
    Reagan got his results FROM MASSIVE SPENDING......this President has NOT been spending anywhere near a proportional amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #464
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Reagan got his results FROM MASSIVE SPENDING......this President has NOT been spending anywhere near a proportional amount.
    Again, your opinion noted, wrong as usual but noted. then again people like you always believe that someone else keeping more of their money because of tax cuts is an expense to the govt. Why isn't hat the case with you? You are so blinded by an ideology that has failed everywhere in the world that you simply have no credibility.

  5. #465
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Sure beats the guy you would have voted for a third time.
    And that has what to do with reality that we are facing today? Didn't know Bush was on the ballot again. Economic numbers say you are wrong again as usual.

  6. #466
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted however history provides a different picture than you paint
    Prove it.

    Reagan massively increased defense spending as a means of stimulation while he lowered tax rates, tripling fed debt.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #467
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,134

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, too broad of a statement, my error. The reality is however there are far too many dependent on taxpayer assistance that if forced to take a job, any job, would do so rather than not eat. We have record numbers on food stamps, record numbers dependent on the taxpayers, record numbers on SS disability thus the fraud is rampant. There are many like you but in the real world I saw a lot like the ones I mentioned, lacking incentive to get off their butts.

    My payroll had far too many people without incentive and living from paycheck to paycheck by their own desires. I never paid minimum wage, offered full benefits including healthcare for full and part time employees, educational reimbursement. Many took advantage of those opportunities but many others supplemented their income and drug habits by stealing and moving on to the next job when fired.

    I admire people like you and hired many just like you, people who were grateful for the opportunity. Unfortunately there were far too many who wanted to take advantage of any opportunity, wanted to live for today, and gave the workforce a bad name.
    thanks for the kind words, and it sounds like you were a good employer.

  8. #468
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, your opinion noted, wrong as usual but noted.
    Prove that I am wrong. This is a case where the numbers are available for you to prove this. Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #469
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    thanks for the kind words, and it sounds like you were a good employer.
    He would not have hired you since you were unemployed for more than a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #470
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Prove it.

    Reagan massively increased defense spending as a means of stimulation while he lowered tax rates, tripling fed debt.
    Interesting information again from the BEA.gov. Would love to have you explain to us all how Reagan cut taxes and grew individual income tax revenue?


    Table 3.1. Government Current Receipts and Expenditures
    [Billions of dollars]
    Bureau of Economic Analysis
    Last Revised on: June 26, 2013 - Next Release Date July 31, 2013

    Line 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989
    1 Current receipts 917.7 939.3 1000.3 1113.5 1214.6 1290.1 1403.2 1502.4 1627.2
    2 Current tax receipts 663.5 659.5 694.1 762.5 823.9 868.8 965.7 1018.9 1109.2
    3 Personal current taxes 345.2 354.1 352.3 377.4 417.3 437.2 489.1 504.9 566.1
    4 Taxes on production and imports 235.6 240.9 263.3 289.8 308.1 323.4 347.5 374.5 398.9
    5 Taxes on corporate income 81.1 63.1 77.2 94 96.5 106.5 127.1 137.2 141.5
    6 Taxes from the rest of the world 1.5 1.4 1.2 1.3 1.9 1.7 2 2.4 2.7
    7 Contributions for government social insurance 196.9 210.1 227.2 258.8 282.8 304.9 324.6 363.2 386.9
    8 Income receipts on assets 50.2 58.9 65.3 74.3 84 89.7 85.6 89.9 93.7
    9 Interest and miscellaneous receipts 1 50.1 58.7 65.1 74.1 83.8 89.5 85.5 89.7 93.5
    10 Dividends 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2 0.2
    11 Current transfer receipts 12.7 15.3 16.9 19.7 23.4 25.9 27 27.9 32.5
    12 From business (net) 6.7 8.2 8.8 10.6 12.9 13.9 13.8 13 16
    13 From persons 6 7.1 8.1 9.2 10.4 12 13.2 14.8 16.5
    14 Current surplus of government enterprises 2 -5.6 -4.5 -3.2 -1.9 0.6 0.9 0.2 2.6 4.9
    15 Current expenditures 966.9 1076.8 1171.7 1261 1370.9 1464 1540.5 1623.6 1741

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •