Page 46 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #451
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh, yes, cutting it will reduce the debt over time.

    But what I love is how you once again play both sides of the street, you are constantly pushing and pulling non-discretionary spending in and out of the budget numbers as it suits you.
    Non discretionary spending is 60% of the budget. It is you that simply cannot accept the reality of the numbers we have today, four years after the end of the recession. Only a true ideologue would trumpet these poor economic numbers as if they benefit you directly or the country as a whole.

  2. #452
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama is causing the very poor economic recovery, stagnant job creation, and poor economic growth.
    And you are back to "the President effects the economy" when it suits you. Your arguments have no intellectual consistency, along with the fact that your economic ideas do not apply to these conditions. Gutting regulations does not spur demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #453
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And you are back to "the President effects the economy" when it suits you. Your arguments have no intellectual consistency, along with the fact that your economic ideas do not apply to these conditions. Gutting regulations does not spur demand.
    Leadership or in this case lack of good leadership will always affect the economy and if it doesn't why do we elect a President? He is doing a good job on his foreign vacations, isn't he? Golf course are keeping busy? Like far too many you have no concept of leadership and the responsibilities of leadership. You wouldn't survive a year let alone over 4 in the private sector with your attitude and these kind of economic results.

  4. #454
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Non discretionary spending is 60% of the budget. It is you that simply cannot accept the reality of the numbers we have today, four years after the end of the recession. Only a true ideologue would trumpet these poor economic numbers as if they benefit you directly or the country as a whole.
    Empty rhetoric, you don't want to discuss solutions for the conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #455
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Empty rhetoric, you don't want to discuss solutions for the conditions.
    I am the only one here doing that, you are baiting and trolling as usual. We have seen Obamanomics for over 4 years and yet you cannot see the poor results because of your ideology. I have given you the answers many times over the last few years but because they go against your ideology and even the poor economic results that ideology generates, they are rejected. Failure is always the only option to a liberal thus just throw more money at the problem.

  6. #456
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush was fired in 2008 by the public rejecting Republicans. Bush added to much to the debt but Obama put that spending on steroids. Bush never had a 3.6 trillion dollar budget nor did he propose a 3.8 trillion dollar budget. National debt increased by 4.9 trillion dollars under Bush in 8 years, one trillion of which was attributed to 9/11. Obama has added 6.2 trillion in less than five years. You have an outrage over what Bush did but give Obama a pass. Do the economic numbers warrant adding 6.2 trillion to the debt?
    (However, using raw numbers, our colleagues found that at the time, the debt had increased by 34 percent, or $3.66 trillion, under Obama -- well below the 86 percent increase, or a total of $4.9 trillion, under George W. Bush.)

    http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/...lion-debt-gop/

  7. #457
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Leadership or in this case lack of good leadership will always affect the economy and if it doesn't why do we elect a President? He is doing a good job on his foreign vacations, isn't he? Golf course are keeping busy? Like far too many you have no concept of leadership and the responsibilities of leadership. You wouldn't survive a year let alone over 4 in the private sector with your attitude.
    I seem to be able to consistently reduce your arguments to ad hominums. If you cannot show any examples of your ideas turning around an economy, perhaps they are worthless.

    Reagan did not turn things around by "leadership", he did it by massively spending.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #458
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am the only one here doing that, you are baiting and trolling as usual. We have seen Obamanomics for over 4 years and yet you cannot see the poor results because of your ideology. I have given you the answers many times over the last few years but because they go against your ideology and even the poor economic results that ideology generates, they are rejected. Failure is always the only option to a liberal thus just throw more money at the problem.
    Reagan threw money at his problem, the debt during the Obama administration is from less revenue, not stimulative spending.

    Your argument is ignoring reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #459
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    (However, using raw numbers, our colleagues found that at the time, the debt had increased by 34 percent, or $3.66 trillion, under Obama -- well below the 86 percent increase, or a total of $4.9 trillion, under George W. Bush.)

    PolitiFact Wisconsin | President Obama 'built' nation's $16 trillion debt, GOP Rep. Reid Ribble says
    Great, only 34%? Glad the 6.2 trillion doesn't matter. Amazing how a larger base number doesn't seem to matter with percentage change. Interesting how everything that happened in 2009 including the stimulus plan, the GM/Chrysler takeover, and Afghanistan supplementals were all Bush's fault. Amazing how he snuck back into the WH and spent all that money.

  10. #460
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Reagan threw money at his problem, the debt during the Obama administration is from less revenue, not stimulative spending.

    Your argument is ignoring reality.
    Ask the American people if they would prefer the 17 million jobs Reagan created, the doubling of GDP and a 60% increase in govt. income tax revenue to what Obama has generated. Less revenue is right and that happens when you have over 21 million Americans unemployed/under employed/discouraged along with so many on welfare, disabled, or dependent on other taxpayer funded programs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •