Page 43 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #421
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,377

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obviously Obama doesn't care and that is what matters. The more people who drop out of the labor market the lower the unemployment rate will go and that seems to be good enough for ideologues like you.
    Except the Labor Force has been increasing. For a while it was still a lesser increase than population so that the participation rate was dropping, but since March, the participation rate has been going up. In the last two months, part of the increase was people returning to the labor force looking for work again.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  2. #422
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And your argument has swapped back again, Obama is a liberal again.

    For some who say that they became conservative means that they adopted Ayn Rand contempt for altruism and charity.
    Again? Obama has always been a leftwing liberal trying to transform American into a European economic model. He has succeeded with the help of people like you. You see proven results don't matter, only your perception and buying the flowering rhetoric of the left thus thinking only with your heart and not your brain.

  3. #423
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again? Obama has always been a leftwing liberal trying to transform American into a European economic model. He has succeeded with the help of people like you. You see proven results don't matter, only your perception and buying the flowering rhetoric of the left thus thinking only with your heart and not your brain.
    This is pure Ayn Rand.

    And you have gone from "Obama does not care for the unemployed"....to....."Obama is turning the US into a Euro Socialized model".

    Your rhetoric is totally contradictory and senseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Except the Labor Force has been increasing. For a while it was still a lesser increase than population so that the participation rate was dropping, but since March, the participation rate has been going up. In the last two months, part of the increase was people returning to the labor force looking for work again.

    During the Bush term the labor force increased by almost 11 million, during the Obama 5 yeas the labor force has increased 1.5 million. The labor participation rate of 63+ % is a disastrous number coming off one of the worst recessions in history and the cause of that is poor leadership and failure to support a pro growth economic policy. If more people were entering the labor force the unemployment rate would be going up, the problem is there were 1 million last month that stopped looking for work.

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNS11000000
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Seas) Civilian Labor Force Level
    Labor force status: Civilian labor force
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over
    Years: 2002 to 2012

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2002 143883 144653 144481 144725 144938 144808 144803 145009 145552 145314 145041 145066
    2003 145937 146100 146022 146474 146500 147056 146485 146445 146530 146716 147000 146729
    2004 146842 146709 146944 146850 147065 147460 147692 147564 147415 147793 148162 148059
    2005 148029 148364 148391 148926 149261 149238 149432 149779 149954 150001 150065 150030
    2006 150214 150641 150813 150881 151069 151354 151377 151716 151662 152041 152406 152732
    2007 153144 152983 153051 152435 152670 153041 153054 152749 153414 153183 153835 153918
    2008 154075 153648 153925 153761 154325 154316 154480 154646 154559 154875 154622 154626
    2009 154236 154521 154143 154450 154800 154730 154538 154319 153786 153822 153833 153091
    2010 153454 153704 153964 154528 154216 153653 153748 154073 153918 153709 154041 153613
    2011 153250 153302 153392 153420 153700 153409 153358 153674 154004 154057 153937 153887
    2012 154356(1) 154825 154707 154451 154998 155149 154995 154647 155056 155576 155319 155511
    2013 155654(1) 155524 155028 155238 155658 155835
    Then there are the numbers of discouraged workers

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNU05026645
    Not Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Unadj) Not in Labor Force, Searched For Work and Available, Discouraged Reasons For Not Currently Looking
    Labor force status: Not in labor force
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over
    Job desires/not in labor force: Want a job now
    Reasons not in labor force: Discouragement over job prospects (Persons who believe no job is available.)
    Years: 2002 to 2012

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2002 328 375 330 320 414 342 405 378 392 359 385 403
    2003 449 450 474 437 482 478 470 503 388 462 457 433
    2004 432 484 514 492 476 478 504 534 412 429 392 442
    2005 515 485 480 393 392 476 499 384 362 392 404 451
    2006 396 386 451 381 323 481 428 448 325 331 349 274
    2007 442 375 381 399 368 401 367 392 276 320 349 363
    2008 467 396 401 412 400 420 461 381 467 484 608 642
    2009 734 731 685 740 792 793 796 758 706 808 861 929
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197 1083 1207 1185 1110 1209 1219 1282 1318
    2011 993 1020 921 989 822 982 1119 977 1037 967 1096 945
    2012 1059 1006 865 968 830 821 852 844 802 813 979 1068
    2013 804 885 803 835 780 1027

  5. #425
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is pure Ayn Rand.

    And you have gone from "Obama does not care for the unemployed"....to....."Obama is turning the US into a Euro Socialized model".

    Your rhetoric is totally contradictory and senseless.
    Keep diverting from the Obama economic results as if that makes you sound smarter. Fact, your ideology is a failure and support for Obama makes you look foolish.

    The charts I just posted shows that.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That would be your opinion, the problem is that opinion of mine is based upon 35 years in the business world where I actually had to meet a payroll and monthly expenses, plus have the cash necessary to actually grow my business. You don't grow your business unless there is enough revenue to fund the additional employees and the costs associated with increasing the business size as well as generate the profit to justify my return on investment. That is exactly what we are seeing now, businesses reluctant to hire because of increasing business costs and risk..
    You couldn't prove that by anyone listening to you. understand, anyone's experience may be too narrow in focus, often not seeing the forest for the trees so to speak. You show repeatedly that you don't even know what the numbers you keep quoting mean.

    The fact remains, presidents do not control the economy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    During the Bush term the labor force increased by almost 11 million,
    With the bulk of that made up in federal and local/state govt employment increases......something you despise. The bulk of the job losses during the Bush Recession has been from those same sectors.....which should make you happy, and it does, because you then get to use these job losses as a club.....while you say that you would not hire the long term unemployed.

    Your argument is so hypocritical and self serving.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #428
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    nothing about the Conservative ideas about governing america, whether it is espoused by McCain and Palin in 2008, mitt Romney in 2012, paul ryan and his draconian budgets, or the conservative house's obsession with implementing draconian cuts to social programs that millions of people depend on; appeal to me in the least. mainly because it shows the lack of empathy for the people who would suffer if the conservatives succed in gutting social security, medicare, medicaid, or unemployment benifits.

    at least liberalism can understand what empathy is.
    Romney and Ryan would have been better for America than what we have now. Romney had the private sector and public sector experience that Obama can only dream about. I never was a McCain supporter but I knew he beat the alternative. We will never know what either McCain or Romney would have done as President because far too many people are still feinting over the Obama rhetoric and buying the lies.

    Conservatives aren't gutting SS, liberals are by stealing from it to fund other programs. Want an exercise to show how you have been sold a bill of goods. Get and investment calculator, put your SS "investment" and your employers into that calculator adding that up monthly, put in the simple average savings rate of a CD over the lifetime of your employment and see how much money you will have when you retire? And it will be all yours to do with as you see fit.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    With the bulk of that made up in federal and local/state govt employment increases......something you despise. The bulk of the job losses during the Bush Recession has been from those same sectors.....which should make you happy, and it does, because you then get to use these job losses as a club.....while you say that you would not hire the long term unemployed.

    Your argument is so hypocritical and self serving.
    Your opinion noted, with population growth and a booming economy state and local governments are going to grow. What control does Obama have over state and local governments? Has Federal employment dropped under Obama? Not much if any, because the Federal Govt. can print money, states cannot.

  10. #430
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep diverting from the Obama economic results as if that makes you sound smarter. Fact, your ideology is a failure and support for Obama makes you look foolish.

    The charts I just posted shows that.
    Yes, "diverting" is using your own words from this thread against you. You are happy with the job losses, you are not interested in job gains, your own words work against you. Keep posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •