Page 42 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #411
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So now, suddenly, Obama, the socialist, has become...one of you?

    It is amazing how far some will twist their argument.
    i think some people's argument's against obama has as many knots in it as a ratline of a sailing ship.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So now, suddenly, Obama, the socialist, has become...one of you?

    It is amazing how far some will twist their argument.
    What really is amazing to me is how someone who believes they are so smart can continue to fooled by the liberal ideology and the most inept, unqualified person to ever hold the office. I was a lot like you at one time, but grew out of it. Hopefully I am around to see that happen to you.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What really is amazing to me is how someone who believes they are so smart can continue to fooled by the liberal ideology and the most inept, unqualified person to ever hold the office. I was a lot like you at one time, but grew out of it. Hopefully I am around to see that happen to you.
    nah i think warren g harding was the most inept president we ever had.

  4. #414
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i think some people's argument's against obama has as many knots in it as a ratline of a sailing ship.
    Is it part of the liberal manual to defend another liberal regardless of the economic data and results? What is it about Obama that generates this loyalty? Must be his smile because it surely cannot be his results.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    nah i think warren g harding was the most inept president we ever had.
    How old were you when Harding was President? You seem to read what you want to read and buy what you are told rather than get independent non partisan data. I am sure that the current economy isn't hurting a lot of people living at home with their parents but for the 21 plus million unemployed/under employed/discouraged the inept President Obama is hurting badly. 1.8% GDP growth to a liberal is monumental, 2 million fewer people employed today is great because 195000 jobs were created last month, 6 trillion added to the debt doesn't matter because many liberals don't pay the debt service on that debt. Yes, Obama has transformed America into a European utopia, high unemployment, low economic growth, and high debt.

  6. #416
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,064

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is no incentive for people to look for work with all the benefits available to them created by liberals thinking with their heart instead of their brain.
    no incentive? that's absurd. like i'm going to try to get fired so that i can get $300 a week and spend most of that on COBRA.

    i understand the nuance-free talking point of makers and takers, but it's a lot more complex than that. being unemployed in 2009 was horrible. i got sick from the stress, which resulted in even more medical bills that i didn't need. when i finally got hired in 2010, i burst into tears.

    and no, i'm not some responsible outlier. there are MANY like me. just keep in mind that when your worldview leaves only two options, it is incomplete or outright false 99 percent of the time.

  7. #417
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Is it part of the liberal manual to defend another liberal regardless of the economic data and results? What is it about Obama that generates this loyalty? Must be his smile because it surely cannot be his results.
    nothing about the Conservative ideas about governing america, whether it is espoused by McCain and Palin in 2008, mitt Romney in 2012, paul ryan and his draconian budgets, or the conservative house's obsession with implementing draconian cuts to social programs that millions of people depend on; appeal to me in the least. mainly because it shows the lack of empathy for the people who would suffer if the conservatives succed in gutting social security, medicare, medicaid, or unemployment benifits.

    at least liberalism can understand what empathy is.

  8. #418
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What really is amazing to me is how someone who believes they are so smart can continue to fooled by the liberal ideology and the most inept, unqualified person to ever hold the office. I was a lot like you at one time, but grew out of it. Hopefully I am around to see that happen to you.
    Please prove President Obama is the least qualified person ever to hold office. He is in fact as qualified to hold the office as any of the 42 that have preceded him.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What really is amazing to me is how someone who believes they are so smart can continue to fooled by the liberal ideology and the most inept, unqualified person to ever hold the office. I was a lot like you at one time, but grew out of it. Hopefully I am around to see that happen to you.
    And your argument has swapped back again, Obama is a liberal again.

    For some who say that they became conservative means that they adopted Ayn Rand contempt for altruism and charity.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    no incentive? that's absurd. like i'm going to try to get fired so that i can get $300 a week and spend most of that on COBRA.

    i understand the nuance-free talking point of makers and takers, but it's a lot more complex than that. being unemployed in 2009 was horrible. i got sick from the stress, which resulted in even more medical bills that i didn't need. when i finally got hired in 2010, i burst into tears.

    and no, i'm not some responsible outlier. there are MANY like me. just keep in mind that when your worldview leaves only two options, it is incomplete or outright false 99 percent of the time.
    Yes, too broad of a statement, my error. The reality is however there are far too many dependent on taxpayer assistance that if forced to take a job, any job, would do so rather than not eat. We have record numbers on food stamps, record numbers dependent on the taxpayers, record numbers on SS disability thus the fraud is rampant. There are many like you but in the real world I saw a lot like the ones I mentioned, lacking incentive to get off their butts.

    My payroll had far too many people without incentive and living from paycheck to paycheck by their own desires. I never paid minimum wage, offered full benefits including healthcare for full and part time employees, educational reimbursement. Many took advantage of those opportunities but many others supplemented their income and drug habits by stealing and moving on to the next job when fired.

    I admire people like you and hired many just like you, people who were grateful for the opportunity. Unfortunately there were far too many who wanted to take advantage of any opportunity, wanted to live for today, and gave the workforce a bad name.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •