Page 34 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #331
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    so, is your argument that adding 195,000 to the job rolls is a bad thing? you seem to spend alot of time poo pooing those jobs, plus those jobs added over the last 30 plus months. does this good news bother you, or just piss you off that it is happening under a democratic president?
    IMO the better news was the increase in wages of 30cents rather than the 10cent average expected increase.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This stupid, there is no lack of capital in the US, there is plenty of investment funds in the US, corporations are cash rich and interest rates are at record lows.

    Even with all of this AND QE, we still do not have corporations making investment in employment.....because demand is still depressed.

    Capital IS NOT THE ISSUE.
    and those investments are in bonds commodities and futures not in areas that create jobs. business investments are at a low caused by the uncertainty in business thanks in part by Obama care

  3. #333
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,257

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    so, is your argument that adding 195,000 to the job rolls is a bad thing? you seem to spend alot of time poo pooing those jobs, plus those jobs added over the last 30 plus months. does this good news bother you, or just piss you off that it is happening under a democratic president?
    No, it is a drop in the bucket and most of them are part time employees, the new Obama economy. What pisses me off is the ignorance of liberal Obama supporters who have no idea what drives the U.S. Economy and supports someone who doesn't have a clue how our economy works either.

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, it is a drop in the bucket and most of them are part time employees, the new Obama economy. What pisses me off is the ignorance of liberal Obama supporters who have no idea what drives the U.S. Economy and supports someone who doesn't have a clue how our economy works either.
    a 'drop in the bucket' eh? even over the last 30plus months? or is 30 plus months just a 'drop in the bucket'? as for the rest, childish spiel that you try to use to get a rise out of people...just shows you have a losing argument.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    .

    It is demand driven, not investment driven, you have it all backwards.
    with out investments and the means to make a profit off those investments there wouldn't be oil exploration and extraction you need both the demand and the initial capitol to supply that demand

  6. #336
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    with out investments and the means to make a profit off those investments there wouldn't be oil exploration and extraction you need both the demand and the initial capitol to supply that demand
    No chit....this is just more of the same.

    News Flash...investment capital is not the issue, you keep avoiding the issue.....DEMAND.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #337
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, it is a drop in the bucket and most of them are part time employees, the new Obama economy. What pisses me off is the ignorance of liberal Obama supporters who have no idea what drives the U.S. Economy and supports someone who doesn't have a clue how our economy works either.
    what pisses me off, is fact we used to manufacture finished goods for the rest of the world, now the rest of the world manufactures finished goods for us. And that was with much higher taxes.

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    The government accidentally incentivizing part time employment could be one of the many problems.
    its wasn't an accident it was away to so call lower unemployment with out actually creating jobs instead of having one person working 40 hours a week you now have two working 20. also it was away to get more dependent on the government

  9. #339
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, it is a drop in the bucket and most of them are part time employees, the new Obama economy. What pisses me off is the ignorance of liberal Obama supporters who have no idea what drives the U.S. Economy and supports someone who doesn't have a clue how our economy works either.
    If Bush had no effect on the (recessionary) economy, then neither has Obama.

    You can't have it both ways, con.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #340
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,257

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    a 'drop in the bucket' eh? even over the last 30plus months? or is 30 plus months just a 'drop in the bucket'? as for the rest, childish spiel that you try to use to get a rise out of people...just shows you have a losing argument.
    Yep, 2 million fewer people working than when the recession started, four years after the recession ended and we have 177,000 fewer unemployed all at a cost of over 6 trillion but what the hell, it is someone else's money? Then let's not forget the 1.8% GDP growth annualized for 2013 after the first quarter? Booming economy?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •