Page 33 of 215 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Erm, no, this doesn't really support that idea at all. Rather, an increase on demand without a corresponding increase in supply causes prices to go up. In this case, it was the demand for labor.

    "Trickle down" is a more complicated discussion and you'll need to present more data if you want to show it works.
    if it wasn't for the money that the greedy rich and oil companies used to invest in the oil production in N.Dakots there would not have been a boom there for there wouldn't be McDonalds workers making 16 dollars an hour. you can have all the resources you want but if you don't have the capitol to remove and or use those resources they are worthless

  2. #322
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    so evil oil and its greedy corporations got unemployment down to 3%
    now explain how a McDonalds worker in N Dakota makes 16 dollars an hour they are not connect to the oil industry the state didn't raise the minimum wage
    Hard work had nothing to do with it. For some unexplained as yet reason, the Pelosi/Obama Food Stamp Stimulus program took effect in North Dakota first. Not to worry. In two or three days the rest of our nation will get the same results as North Dakota. The government paved the way for all the success that is happening there.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS...trickle down is a reference to lower TAX rates causing the wealthy to spend marginally more....whereas you are trying to apply it to international oil corps finding fields and creating an oil boom economic condition in a small population area.

    It is not the same thing, and it has nothing to do with the topic of QE and its relation to employment.
    its not spending it is investments like investments that oil companies used to find and extract oil that caused the oil boom in Dakota which caused the McDonald worker to make 16 dollars an hours

  4. #324
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    if it wasn't for the money that the greedy rich and oil companies used to invest in the oil production in N.Dakots there would not have been a boom there for there wouldn't be McDonalds workers making 16 dollars an hour. you can have all the resources you want but if you don't have the capitol to remove and or use those resources they are worthless
    This stupid, there is no lack of capital in the US, there is plenty of investment funds in the US, corporations are cash rich and interest rates are at record lows.

    Even with all of this AND QE, we still do not have corporations making investment in employment.....because demand is still depressed.

    Capital IS NOT THE ISSUE.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #325
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    if it wasn't for the money that the greedy rich and oil companies used to invest in the oil production in N.Dakots there would not have been a boom there for there wouldn't be McDonalds workers making 16 dollars an hour. you can have all the resources you want but if you don't have the capitol to remove and or use those resources they are worthless
    Thats not at all true, the oil companies will exploit any area if you let them.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    you will get no apology from me, as i asked you if this was your posistion, read for comprehension my friend, read for comprehension.
    I never said that the number 195000 was a lie but did put that number into context which doesn't seem to matter to an Obama supporter who doesn't understand how our economy works.

  7. #327
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,981
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    1/5 of those jobs are at temp agencies. After Walmart, a temp agency is the second largest employer in the US. Why? Because its becoming too expensive to have your own staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  8. #328
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    its not spending
    So stop comparing it to trickle down, we have no investment dollars issue.


    it is investments like investments that oil companies used to find and extract oil that caused the oil boom in Dakota which caused the McDonald worker to make 16 dollars an hours
    No, the oil boom is still a demand driven event, they will not go for easily extractable oil if the costs involved do not make it profitable. These are international oil corps making a market driven choice, there is still enough demand on the open world market for this particular area to be a going concern.

    It is demand driven, not investment driven, you have it all backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I never said that the number 195000 was a lie but did put that number into context which doesn't seem to matter to an Obama supporter who doesn't understand how our economy works.
    so, is your argument that adding 195,000 to the job rolls is a bad thing? you seem to spend alot of time poo pooing those jobs, plus those jobs added over the last 30 plus months. does this good news bother you, or just piss you off that it is happening under a democratic president?

  10. #330
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,762

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This stupid, there is no lack of capital in the US, there is plenty of investment funds in the US, corporations are cash rich and interest rates are at record lows.

    Even with all of this AND QE, we still do not have corporations making investment in employment.....because demand is still depressed.

    Capital IS NOT THE ISSUE.
    The government accidentally incentivizing part time employment could be one of the many problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •