Page 27 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #261
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, then you experienced the same benefits to those incredible Obama tax cuts that you want to give him credit for. All Americans experienced the same benefit as you did.
    This is not a complete thought, it is pure rambling. Everyone who paid income taxes got cuts/refunds for one year, it made a small difference in our pockets....but increased the debt.




    Your opinion noted, since unemployment rate isn't solely on non farm payroll and since the only reduction in govt jobs is at the state level which Obama doesn't control, you are again building a typical liberal strawman. Obama is a disaster and you support him so wonder what that makes you?
    Again, more rambling, totally pointless.



    Of course you didn't nor did you explain why there are still 2 million fewer people working today than when the recession started as well as your inability to explain why the labor force hasn't kept up with population growth. You really have no idea what BLS reports so I suggest you find out what jobs are actually being created and what age group
    I'll answer the only bit of coherence, we have kept up with population growth, we have not surpassed it because of depressed demand and the lack of investment.



    That isn't what you stated,
    Yes, I just did since that was the first time in this discussion where you asked me. You are confused about who you were debating.


    so rather than admit you are wrong you continue to make things worse. Bush wasn't in office in 2010-2011-2012 when job losses were actually worse but then again a discouraged worker really doesn't exist because they aren't counted.
    Um, payroll was INCREASING in that time period, there was a net GAIN in employment.



    You really need to change your alias to gimmesomelies because that is what liberals do to you. Obama wasn't President when the recession started but claimed he had the answers. He lied and you still blame Bush.
    I am blaming the lack of effective job programs on the GOP and the reich wing within it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    "Bush wasn't in office in 2010-2011-2012 when job losses were actually worse "'

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Gimmesometruth;1062023164]This is not a complete thought, it is pure rambling. Everyone who paid income taxes got cuts/refunds for one year, it made a small difference in our pockets....but increased the debt
    .

    Yay, the got a rebate check that once it was spent it was gone. My Bush and Reagan Tax cuts continued with every paycheck. Apparently you don't understand the difference here either. Wonder which one benefited the consumer more?



    Again, more rambling, totally pointless.
    Numbers that only matter to people who actually care about the unemployed. you apparently don't

    I'll answer the only bit of coherence, we have kept up with population growth, we have not surpassed it because of depressed demand and the lack of investment.
    Maybe one of these days you will learn where investment income comes from just like spending income



    Yes, I just did since that was the first time in this discussion where you asked me. You are confused about who you were debating.
    No, you stated that most of the 100% of job losses occurred during the Bush fiscal year but the Bush term ended in January 2009. How many months of 2010-2011-2012 did Obama have a million people discouraged and not counted as unemployed?


    Um, payroll was INCREASING in that time period, there was a net GAIN in employment.
    Net increase in employment with over a million no longer counted. That is like putting your finger to plug a pint sized leak



    I am blaming the lack of effective job programs on the GOP and the reich wing within it.
    Of course you do which is why you lack any credibility.

  4. #264
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "Bush wasn't in office in 2010-2011-2012 when job losses were actually worse "'

    Doesn't support your claim that almost 100% of job losses occurred during the Bush term nor does it explain why we still have 2 million fewer employed today than when the recession began, you know, the recession Obama was hired to fix. You think it is fixing the job market with that many unemployed?

    I feel bad for someone like you who has so much invested in the failures of Obama that you have no fear of destroying your credibility and looking foolish. The only ones that support you are the Obama supporters in this thread that apparently have no pride either.

  5. #265
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    .

    Yay, the got a rebate check that once it was spent it was gone. My Bush and Reagan Tax cuts continued with every paycheck..
    Ahhh hmm Reagan raised payroll taxes.

  6. #266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You talk a lot never post the numbers. I posted the numbers but you just ignore them. You see rhetoric trumps reality in your world. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?
    the number is 195,000 jobs created....we have been creating jobs for a good while now....the numbers agree with me.....again, for the rest, meant to throw conversation off track.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Gimmesometruth;1062023126]This is the same argument already countered, business expenses are tax deductible, taxes on businesses are on PROFITS. Since you never ran a business, you are clueless.
    Business expenses affect corporate profits not personal income taxes on personal income. Just another thing you don't understand like budgets and actual spending bills.

    I have answered countless times, yo just don't remember that we go over these same points every time we get together. The top don't notice that rate increase because it is on wages, but their income comes from investment, taxed at 15%. They have huge amounts of wealth, they don't look at their wage tax rates to decide what to invest in. You argument is so out of touch.
    So what benefit is there to increasing taxes on anyone? Sounds to me like you are jealous of what someone else makes. That explains a lot about supporters of Obamanomics



    Like roads and dams? There is a constant need to build/rebuild these things.
    Do you have any idea what funds roads? Hint, not personal income taxes.


    BS, it is a gain for the Canadian interests who are dumping the most toxic petro product in the US. The costs in water and cleanup is enormous.
    Wow, you really have bought the Obama line hook, line, and sinker. Apparently that hasn't resonated with the American people who support the pipeline.

    Americans back Keystone pipeline in new poll

  8. #268
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Doesn't support your claim that almost 100% of job losses occurred during the Bush term nor does it explain why we still have 2 million fewer employed today than when the recession began, you know, the recession Obama was hired to fix. You think it is fixing the job market with that many unemployed?

    I feel bad for someone like you who has so much invested in the failures of Obama that you have no fear of destroying your credibility and looking foolish. The only ones that support you are the Obama supporters in this thread that apparently have no pride either.
    You are not talking about non-farm wage earners are you?

  9. #269
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ahhh hmm Reagan raised payroll taxes.
    You mean SS and Medicare taxes which go back directly to the taxpayers?

  10. #270
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You mean SS and Medicare taxes which go back directly to the taxpayers?
    Supposedly...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •