Page 26 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #251
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What exactly has Obama done that generates this kind of loyalty and support? How much did your personal take home pay go up because of the Obama tax cuts? How many new employees have you hired during the Obama term?
    None, since demand has not increased enough to do so.


    You claimed that almost 100% of the job losses under Obama came during the Bush fiscal year but never provided the numbers to show that
    That is a total lie, TWICE I provided the non farm job loss numbers, you just can't remember what was posted today or yesterday.

    That is SO FRIGGING SAD.

    nor have you addressed whether a discouraged worker is an unemployed worker?
    Non-sequitur, I didn't say the sky was blue, either.


    Let me know when Bush had a million discouraged workers in a month?
    He had lots of those months

    There are 177,000 fewer unemployed people over four years after the end of the recession and still 2 million less working Americans than when the recession started yet those are good numbers to you.
    And you just keep repeating this BS argument of putting Bush job losses on Obama, Obama was not president when the recession started, BUSH WAS. FFS, get a calendar.

    Obama and the liberal elite love having people like you so easily fooled. Keep buying the rhetoric.
    And the reich wing is made of old gits that don't know who was president when.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #252
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Gimmesometruth;1062023055]You are conflating "people" with "businesses". You just can't help yourself. Businesses are limited because of lowered demand.
    You ignore that businesses are run by people, people who earn income off their performance and anything that drives up business costs have to be offset with reductions in other expenses. You claim you ran a business? Sorry don't believe it.


    A 3% increase on the top quintile is not effecting their spending, they do not even notice it.
    That is your opinion, but you have no idea what the top income earners are going to do with higher taxes. What benefit to the taxpayers is increasing the taxes on the top 3% going to generate? How will an increase in taxes on anyone increase the number of working Americans? So many questions that you never answer

    It is one of the lowest long term employment projects....oh....but wait...it went through.....duh.
    And govt. spending is a long term employment program? What happens when the money stops flowing to those projects? The Keystone Pipeline doesn't cost the taxpayers anything and actually increases taxpayers. That is a net gain for the country

  3. #253
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    His answer is to do nothing,
    You want to continue to bait and troll? You cannot answer direct questions nor respond to the numbers I posted which are verifiable. I answered the question which of course you ignored.

  4. #254
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So how does the GOP plan to get people employed?
    Oh he doesn't give a rats ass aout jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For a while? Two years? Yes I won't hire someone who has been out of work for 2 years, no initiative, no drive, and someone who has lived off the taxpayers for too long

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/2012-u...post1060788868

  5. #255
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Good question. I can't wait to hear his response.
    His answer is the laffer curve, don't increases taxes on the top quintile because magically, lower taxes create jobs....because we all know that as the rich get richer they hire more maids and footmen. Trickle trickle.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #256
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    His answer is the laffer curve, don't increases taxes on the top quintile because magically, lower taxes create jobs....because we all know that as the rich get richer they hire more maids and footmen. Trickle trickle.
    I figured it had to do with trickle down. Apparently, he didn't see that the gini index has increased because it's not trickling down but going to a very small minority at the very top. Facts are a pesky thing though.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Gimmesometruth;1062023075]None, since demand has not increased enough to do so.
    Great, then you experienced the same benefits to those incredible Obama tax cuts that you want to give him credit for. All Americans experienced the same benefit as you did.


    That is a total lie, TWICE I provided the non farm job loss numbers, you just can't remember what was posted today or yesterday.
    Your opinion noted, since unemployment rate isn't solely on non farm payroll and since the only reduction in govt jobs is at the state level which Obama doesn't control, you are again building a typical liberal strawman. Obama is a disaster and you support him so wonder what that makes you?

    Non-sequitur, I didn't say the sky was blue, either.
    Of course you didn't nor did you explain why there are still 2 million fewer people working today than when the recession started as well as your inability to explain why the labor force hasn't kept up with population growth. You really have no idea what BLS reports so I suggest you find out what jobs are actually being created and what age group

    He had lots of those months
    That isn't what you stated, so rather than admit you are wrong you continue to make things worse. Bush wasn't in office in 2010-2011-2012 when job losses were actually worse but then again a discouraged worker really doesn't exist because they aren't counted.

    And you just keep repeating this BS argument of putting Bush job losses on Obama, Obama was not president when the recession started, BUSH WAS. FFS, get a calendar.
    You really need to change your alias to gimmesomelies because that is what liberals do to you. Obama wasn't President when the recession started but claimed he had the answers. He lied and you still blame Bush.

  8. #258
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I figured it had to do with trickle down. Apparently, he didn't see that the gini index has increased because it's not trickling down but going to a very small minority at the very top. Facts are a pesky thing though.
    How is trickle up working for you?

  9. #259
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You ignore that businesses are run by people, people who earn income off their performance and anything that drives up business costs have to be offset with reductions in other expenses. You claim you ran a business? Sorry don't believe it.
    This is the same argument already countered, business expenses are tax deductible, taxes on businesses are on PROFITS. Since you never ran a business, you are clueless.




    That is your opinion, but you have no idea what the top income earners are going to do with higher taxes. What benefit to the taxpayers is increasing the taxes on the top 3% going to generate? How will an increase in taxes on anyone increase the number of working Americans? So many questions that you never answer
    I have answered countless times, yo just don't remember that we go over these same points every time we get together. The top don't notice that rate increase because it is on wages, but their income comes from investment, taxed at 15%. They have huge amounts of wealth, they don't look at their wage tax rates to decide what to invest in. You argument is so out of touch.



    And govt. spending is a long term employment program? What happens when the money stops flowing to those projects?
    Like roads and dams? There is a constant need to build/rebuild these things.


    The Keystone Pipeline doesn't cost the taxpayers anything and actually increases taxpayers. That is a net gain for the country
    BS, it is a gain for the Canadian interests who are dumping the most toxic petro product in the US. The costs in water and cleanup is enormous.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #260
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How is trickle up working for you?
    I'm not the one thinking funneling money to the top will allow it to trickle back down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •