Page 25 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #241
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is what you told me but that isn't reality nor was it the way the program was sold. You just don't seem to be able to grasp reality, liberalism is a failed economic ideology as the economic growth and job creation shows.
    You can't even describe how it was "sold", you are relying on your faulty memory that has to be refreshed by the rest of us over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    'numbers don't matter'....who is it that is ignoring the numbers? that be you sir. '...are so partisan...'...hmmm, i could say the same of you....as for the rest, well, it is meant to distract from the discussion at hand.
    You talk a lot never post the numbers. I posted the numbers but you just ignore them. You see rhetoric trumps reality in your world. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

  3. #243
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? So having 2 million fewer people employed today than in December 2007 when the recession began and having over a million discouraged workers not counted LAST month is good economic performance in your world? Do you ever admit that Obama made a fool out of you and all the others that voted for him?
    So how does the GOP plan to get people employed? How will they get these folks employed? What will they do to INCREASE demand?

    "No spending is necessary on jobs"

    So if the private business has the lowest levels of taxes, the highest levels of profits, huge cash reserves.....but won't invest, won't hire.....what is your solution....race to the bottom with yet lower taxes and allowing even lower levels of pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You decided to focus on a part of my response that dealt with the Bish job losses, you have the numbers in front of you....and you don't like the facts....so you whine about what I am posting.

    Hint: If you decide to pick a losing topic to debate, don't cry when you lose.

    Now if you want to go on debating OTHER policies/programs/laws that are NOT DESIGNED TO CREATE JOBS.....and to keep inferring that somehow they are, do it by yourself. Somewhere you got the idea that a tiny tax increase on the top quintile was designed to CREATE JOBS!!!!....but guess what Con, we call this a strawman argument.

    You can't talk about GOP job programs....because they are non-existent, and you decide to talk about Dem tax and insurance programs....as if they are a jobs program. They are not, you heard it here first.
    I would be happy to discuss the Bush performance when you learn what the fiscal year is and that a budget isn't a spending bill. You also need to learn what a discouraged worker is and how liberalism has made a fool out of you. The GOP jobs bill is to provide incentive like repealing Obamacare to private businesses to do what they do best, grow and hire people.

    Just admit it, you have no idea how to run a business, no idea what the expenses are to run a business, and are in desperate need of a large central govt. just to survive.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So how does the GOP plan to get people employed? How will they get these folks employed? What will they do to INCREASE demand?

    "No spending is necessary on jobs"

    So if the private business has the lowest levels of taxes, the highest levels of profits, huge cash reserves.....but won't invest, won't hire.....what is your solution....race to the bottom with yet lower taxes and allowing even lower levels of pay?
    You increase demand by allowing people to keep more of what they earn, not put regulations in place like Obamacare that increase the costs to business. You don't raise taxes on people which takes away spendable income, and you promote things like the Keystone Pipeline to employ private sector employees.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I would be happy to discuss the Bush performance when you learn what the fiscal year is and that a budget isn't a spending bill.
    Apparently you did not find any errors in that post, so as usual this is your typically pointless comment.


    You also need to learn what a discouraged worker is and how liberalism has made a fool out of you. The GOP jobs bill is to provide incentive like repealing Obamacare to private businesses to do what they do best, grow and hire people.
    Your post is totally oblivious to the fact that business won't hire until there is demand. we have depressed demand.

    Just admit it, you have no idea how to run a business, no idea what the expenses are to run a business,
    I have owned a business, you have not.

    and are in desperate need of a large central govt. just to survive.
    FFS Con, you are a supporter of Reagan and Bush who spent massively on private defence contractors, will you ever stop your hypocritical statements?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #247
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Apparently you did not find any errors in that post, so as usual this is your typically pointless comment.


    Your post is totally oblivious to the fact that business won't hire until there is demand. we have depressed demand.

    I have owned a business, you have not.

    FFS Con, you are a supporter of Reagan and Bush who spent massively on private defence contractors, will you ever stop your hypocritical statements?
    What exactly has Obama done that generates this kind of loyalty and support? How much did your personal take home pay go up because of the Obama tax cuts? How many new employees have you hired during the Obama term? You claimed that almost 100% of the job losses under Obama came during the Bush fiscal year but never provided the numbers to show that nor have you addressed whether a discouraged worker is an unemployed worker? Let me know when Bush had a million discouraged workers in a month? There are 177,000 fewer unemployed people over four years after the end of the recession and still 2 million less working Americans than when the recession started yet those are good numbers to you.

    Obama and the liberal elite love having people like you so easily fooled. Keep buying the rhetoric.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You increase demand by allowing people to keep more of what they earn, not put regulations in place like Obamacare that increase the costs to business.
    You are conflating "people" with "businesses". You just can't help yourself. Businesses are limited because of lowered demand.


    You don't raise taxes on people which takes away spendable income,
    A 3% increase on the top quintile is not effecting their spending, they do not even notice it.

    and you promote things like the Keystone Pipeline to employ private sector employees.
    It is one of the lowest long term employment projects....oh....but wait...it went through.....duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #249
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So how does the GOP plan to get people employed? How will they get these folks employed? What will they do to INCREASE demand?
    Good question. I can't wait to hear his response.

  10. #250
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Good question. I can't wait to hear his response.
    His answer is to do nothing,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •