Page 24 of 215 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #231
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really, 100% of job losses occurred during Bush fiscal years? What years would that be? Do you even know what the fiscal year of the U.S. is? You make wild statements but never back them up because you know you are wrong but cannot admit it.
    Um, the last Bush budget was 2009, that fiscal year ended Sept 2009, and the job losses reached their bottom in Dec 2009, hence nearly all of the job losses for the Bush Recession occurred within the Bush fiscal years.

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Guess Gimme isn't really interested in some truth at all. Wonder where he/she thinks the 842 billion stimulus signed in February 2009 was supposed to go?
    I have told you a thousand times , the majority of the ARRA was TAX CUTS, the next biggest item was retaining teachers, firemen, (local govt employees) in their existing jobs, only a small portion went into job creation.




    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Wonder why it is people like Gimme that believes it is the government's responsibility to spend taxpayer money for the private sector to create jobs? Fact is, it isn't, govt, spending of taxpayer dollars simply creates dependence and has no place in propping up the private sector which should succeed or fail on its own. No spending is necessary on jobs, just incentive to the private sector, NOT Obamacare, NOT more regulations, NOT higher taxes and the private sector will create jobs
    Funny, what did Reagan do to counter the recession in '81? Triple the debt on defence spending, creating millions of jobs. What did W do to counter the '01 recession? Spend trillions on defense spending for two wars and massively increase federal jobs.

    It is OK when the GOP does it, not so much if a Dem spends a tiny fraction on direct job creation.....during the worst recession since 1929.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, the last Bush budget was 2009, that fiscal year ended Sept 2009, and the job losses reached their bottom in Dec 2009, hence nearly all of the job losses for the Bush Recession occurred within the Bush fiscal years.

    You really want to make this about Bush in a thread about Obama's job creation performance? We have been there, you don't seem to understand the difference between a budget and actual spending just like the rest of reality that you don't understand that we have a private sector economy that isn't going to create jobs with things like Obamacare, higher taxes, and more regulations.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I have told you a thousand times , the majority of the ARRA was TAX CUTS, the next biggest item was retaining teachers, firemen, (local govt employees) in their existing jobs, only a small portion went into job creation.




    Funny, what did Reagan do to counter the recession in '81? Triple the debt on defence spending, creating millions of jobs. What did W do to counter the '01 recession? Spend trillions on defense spending for two wars and massively increase federal jobs.

    It is OK when the GOP does it, not so much if a Dem spends a tiny fraction on direct job creation.....during the worst recession since 1929.
    That is what you told me but that isn't reality nor was it the way the program was sold. You just don't seem to be able to grasp reality, liberalism is a failed economic ideology as the economic growth and job creation shows.

  5. #235
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is what you told me but that isn't reality nor was it the way the program was sold. You just don't seem to be able to grasp reality, liberalism is a failed economic ideology as the economic growth and job creation shows.
    you are aware that, for quite awhile now, both economic and job growth numbers have been good.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    you are aware that, for quite awhile now, both economic and job growth numbers have been good.
    Really? So having 2 million fewer people employed today than in December 2007 when the recession began and having over a million discouraged workers not counted LAST month is good economic performance in your world? Do you ever admit that Obama made a fool out of you and all the others that voted for him?

  7. #237
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? So having 2 million fewer people employed today than in December 2007 when the recession began and having over a million discouraged workers not counted LAST month is good economic performance in your world? Do you ever admit that Obama made a fool out of you and all the others that voted for him?
    things have been improving economically/job wise for some time, as the numbers witness...you don't like democrats/liberals, we get it, but you let your hate color your perceptions...the numbers agree with me, and not your argument.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,255

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    things have been improving economically/job wise for some time, as the numbers witness...you don't like democrats/liberals, we get it, but you let your hate color your perceptions...the numbers agree with me, and not your argument.
    As usual numbers don't matter to you probably because like most liberals you really don't care about all those millions of people unemployed/under employed/discouraged. The numbers don't agree with you because you have no concept of what the numbers mean. You see 195,000 jobs created and ignore that we aren't even close to pre recession levels. You see what the left wants you to see and are so partisan that actual results don't matter. Unlike you, I grew up a Democrat and saw the party leave me. You continue to let the Democrat Party make a fool out of you. Results always matter to someone aggressive and out to better themselves and their family.

    By the way, the annualized GDP growth rate in 2013 is 1.8% through the first quarter. Booming numbers??

  9. #239
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As usual numbers don't matter to you probably because like most liberals you really don't care about all those millions of people unemployed/under employed/discouraged. The numbers don't agree with you because you have no concept of what the numbers mean. You see 195,000 jobs created and ignore that we aren't even close to pre recession levels. You see what the left wants you to see and are so partisan that actual results don't matter. Unlike you, I grew up a Democrat and saw the party leave me. You continue to let the Democrat Party make a fool out of you. Results always matter to someone aggressive and out to better themselves and their family.

    By the way, the annualized GDP growth rate in 2013 is 1.8% through the first quarter. Booming numbers??
    'numbers don't matter'....who is it that is ignoring the numbers? that be you sir. '...are so partisan...'...hmmm, i could say the same of you....as for the rest, well, it is meant to distract from the discussion at hand.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really want to make this about Bush in a thread about Obama's job creation performance? We have been there, you don't seem to understand the difference between a budget and actual spending just like the rest of reality that you don't understand that we have a private sector economy that isn't going to create jobs with things like Obamacare, higher taxes, and more regulations.
    You decided to focus on a part of my response that dealt with the Bish job losses, you have the numbers in front of you....and you don't like the facts....so you whine about what I am posting.

    Hint: If you decide to pick a losing topic to debate, don't cry when you lose.

    Now if you want to go on debating OTHER policies/programs/laws that are NOT DESIGNED TO CREATE JOBS.....and to keep inferring that somehow they are, do it by yourself. Somewhere you got the idea that a tiny tax increase on the top quintile was designed to CREATE JOBS!!!!....but guess what Con, we call this a strawman argument.

    You can't talk about GOP job programs....because they are non-existent, and you decide to talk about Dem tax and insurance programs....as if they are a jobs program. They are not, you heard it here first.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •