Page 211 of 215 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #2101
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    That's not what the poster stated...
    Explicitly? No. Strongly implied....um YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #2102
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Explicitly? No. Strongly implied....um YES.
    You've got to go with the post...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #2103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh SNAP....did you just go all semantically on me? What is next, broad is NOT general? FFS!

    And yes, if you are trying to determine inflation for consumers, it is always better to gather as many price point as possible....if you are concerned about accuracy...but then, those who believe inflation to be irrelevant....or use singe data points between nations/currencies....probably are not.
    You do realise that certain items are subject to volatility, correct? This is why CPI generally excludes specific items, such as Food and Energy. Other nations like Japan just exclude Energy. Other nations exclude commodities, while others exclude other items.

    Using a broad measure doesn't tell you the whole story with inflation. Using a few items or a single item can give you better picture of inflation than the entire market place full of items.

    Except when it is irrelevant, or a single item.....that is.
    There are hundreds of thousands of different items. What may be irrelevant to you may not be to another. Regardless, single items can use used depending upon what the item is. A commodity or a food item.

    You are wrong. I'm sorry if your opinions fails to sway me, but that is how things work.

    Like I said, if this is representative of the financial world....I would be concerned......but thankfully, you are not.
    I never claimed to be a representative. Just educating someone on a particular subject who should really know better. Or, maybe not.

  4. #2104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You keep elevating it from the joke that the Economist created....to a reference used by financial types......to SCHOLARS!

    I know you have a LOT invested in it as far as your standing here....but really.....scholars?

    If you say so....
    A scholar is someone who has a particular branch of knowledge, or maybe you thought financial analysis and economist don't exactly fit this category. I'm sorry that we can't all be forum lurkers.

    And financial/market data is rather costly. It's not for someone to peruse for a 'hobby.' If you think the BMI is a joke, that is your opinion. They're your opinions, and I can't change your mind. I can only tell you why you are wrong and that is that. Unless you have the credentials to know better, don't expect anyone to take your opinions seriously.
    Last edited by AmazonTania; 07-29-13 at 08:40 PM.

  5. #2105
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You've got to go with the post...
    No I don't, one can easily read between the lines....especially when the follow-up post tried to show the ineffectiveness of OSHA.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #2106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I would agree with the elimination of taxes on activities related to productive output, as that would tend to soak up excess labor, but I would be reluctant to eliminate taxes on activities that are solely rentier in their origin. I also have no issue with leveling the ground, so to speak, in relation to equitable competition among countries which wish to sell into our country...
    They're only selling you out because you've created a rather business un-friendly environment. Majority of corporate revenue doesn't even originate from US sales anymore. This is because repatriating profits means they will have to pay taxes on those profits.

    Corporate taxes need to be lower. It will still be too high after you've lowered them, but it's a start.

  7. #2107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No I don't, one can easily read between the lines....especially when the follow-up post tried to show the ineffectiveness of OSHA.
    If that's what you want to believe. Although, no one challenged the effectiveness of OHSA, but it was generally unnecessary to begin with.

    Although it is very effective in impeding job creation in manufacturing.

  8. #2108
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    A scholar is someone who has a particular branch of knowledge, or maybe you thought financial analysis and economist and economist don't exactly fit this category. I'm sorry that we can't all be forum lurkers.
    Um...what?

    And financial/market data is rather costly. It's not for someone to peruse for a 'hobby.' If you think the BMI is a joke, that is your opinion. They're your opinions, and I can't change your mind. I can only tell you why you are wrong and that is that. Unless you have the credentials to know better, don't expect anyone to take your opinions seriously.
    Um, that is the Economist's "opinion".

    "THE Big Mac index was invented by The Economist in 1986 as a lighthearted guide to whether currencies are at their “correct” level."
    Interactive currency-comparison tool: The Big Mac index | The Economist
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #2109
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No I don't, one can easily read between the lines....especially when the follow-up post tried to show the ineffectiveness of OSHA.
    I must have missed that part, as I have only been responding to what I've seen without seeing the need to review two thousand plus posts. If you'd prefer I butt out, just let me know and I'm outta here...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #2110
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    If that's what you want to believe. Although, no one challenged the effectiveness of OHSA, but it was generally unnecessary to begin with.

    Although it is very effective in impeding job creation in manufacturing.
    The double talk is amazing!

    "If you want to believe that I was implying OSHA is ineffective....just because I say it was unnecessary to begin with...and it impedes job creation...well, you go ahead and believe that"

    LOL....gawd.....the chutzpah!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •