Page 210 of 215 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #2091
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh c'mon bama, she said "get rid of regs"....you don't like that blatancy, you want it more flowery?
    That's not what the poster stated...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #2092
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Bah! Screw OSHA! Nobody loses a hand when working on stock trades! And those that do can be cheaply replaced these days!
    My you're very clueless. I can see why you're a regular here.


    In the meantime, stop creating strawmen. Thank you.

  3. #2093
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    Actually, they do. But excuse me if I don't Cling on the words of some nobody on an internet forum too clueless to know better.

    Big Mac Index Shows Official CPI Underreports Inflation - Forbes



    It doesn't just measures inflation between countries.

    But keep telling yourself that. I won't stop you.
    I never said it did measure inflation in any meaningful manner EVER. Talk about straw!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #2094
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh....yes....if you want a broad measure of inflation within a nation's economy........or else you could rely on some single data point skewed by exchange rates, VAT's, differing levels of inflation in other countries......and believe it reflects a measure of inflation within your own country.

    I won't stop you from believing that.
    No one asked for a broad measure of inflation. Just inflation in general. Anyone can pick up a few items, measure the increases and decreases, use the methodology and determine whether or not there is inflation. It's done all the time.

    I'm sorry if you're not equipped enough to understand how things work in the financial community. Might I suggest leaving the forum once in a while?
    Last edited by AmazonTania; 07-29-13 at 08:08 PM.

  5. #2095
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I never said it did measure inflation in any meaningful manner EVER. Talk about straw!
    Whether or not you believe it's meaningful or not is your opinion. The point is that it's used as an inflation metric and many individuals in the financial community use it as an inflation metric. It offers much more data than simple PPP and currency exchange. Thing of it like purchasing real-time data for your stock trading platform, but excuse me if I mistook you for a scholar. I'll never do that again.

    Regardless of your opinions and what you may think, you are wrong.
    Last edited by AmazonTania; 07-29-13 at 08:13 PM.

  6. #2096
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    In terms of GDP, yes. However, the U.S. is primarily a service orientated economy. In terms of total manufacturing, the U.S. is still no.1 (China's manufacturing sector has contracted as of late, pushing the U.S. back to no.1).
    That's true.


    You are moving the goalposts. I am not arguing that U.S. manufacturing as a % of GDP is high, so trying to make it the focal point of your response is questionable.
    I never said you argued it. That is what I am arguing. I am showing that the manufacturing output per worker and the output as a percentage of GDP is contradictory. Other countries have a lower manufacturing output per worker, but they produce more as a percentage of their economy, indicating that they are more productivity

    It is referred to as economic convergence. Industrialization just happens to be the particular path.
    Yes, but other counties still have a relatively strong manufacturing base.

  7. #2097
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    No one asked for a broad measure of inflation. Just inflation in general.
    Oh SNAP....did you just go all semantically on me? What is next, broad is NOT general? FFS!

    And yes, if you are trying to determine inflation for consumers, it is always better to gather as many price point as possible....if you are concerned about accuracy...but then, those who believe inflation to be irrelevant....or use singe data points between nations/currencies....probably are not.


    Anyone can pick up a few items, measure the increases and decreases, use the methodology and determine whether or not there is inflation. It's done all the time.
    Except when it is irrelevant, or a single item.....that is.

    I'm sorry if you're not equipped enough to understand how things work in the financial community. Might I suggest leaving the forum once in a while?
    Like I said, if this is representative of the financial world....I would be concerned......but thankfully, you are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #2098
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Would it be too difficult to just say we need to put in place policies that would encourage manufacturers to do business in the country?
    There are plenty of trade defense measures, tariffs buy America measures, tax measures including a Domestic Production Activities Deduction. I don't know what more can be done.

    Well, the corporate tax has to go.

  9. #2099
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    There are plenty of trade defense measures, tariffs buy America measures, tax measures including a Domestic Production Activities Deduction. I don't know what more can be done.

    Well, the corporate tax has to go.
    I would agree with the elimination of taxes on activities related to productive output, as that would tend to soak up excess labor, but I would be reluctant to eliminate taxes on activities that are solely rentier in their origin. I also have no issue with leveling the ground, so to speak, in relation to equitable competition among countries which wish to sell into our country...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #2100
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    Whether or not you believe it's meaningful or not is your opinion. The point is that it's used as an inflation metric and many individuals in the financial community use it as an inflation metric. It offers much more data than simple PPP and currency exchange. Thing of it like purchasing real-time data for your stock trading platform, but excuse me if I mistook you for a scholar. I'll never do that again.

    Regardless of your opinions and what you may think, you are wrong.
    You keep elevating it from the joke that the Economist created....to a reference used by financial types......to SCHOLARS!

    I know you have a LOT invested in it as far as your standing here....but really.....scholars?

    If you say so....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •