Page 208 of 215 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #2071
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    No one disputes that, but it's manufacturing output is still lower. In monetary terms, manufacturing output is very high, but as a portion of GDP it's very low. Manufacturing is on a global decline, but America is really losing ground on this particular area.
    How would you suggest we alter this?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  2. #2072
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    How would you suggest we alter this?
    The liberal in me says we could unionize more and drive more manufacturing out of the country.

  3. #2073
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    A basket of goods is really not required to measure inflation.
    This is going right in the old memory bank with "Inflation is "irrelevant" for wages".

    I could not make this up, I am just not deluded enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #2074
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The liberal in me says we could unionize more and drive more manufacturing out of the country.
    Your Liberal views would be wrong...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #2075
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And instead use a single point currency exchange measure joke......yeah, thats the ticket!


    FFS.....and this is what is used in this line of work? Ignoring inflation and using joke currency exchange measures. Good grief!
    Actually the BMI is used by economist and individuals in the financial industry all over the world to measure inflation.

    No, it doesn't, it is using a single item price point.
    The item is the medium. The metric is the formula used to determine the currency's value. Sounds like someone doesn't understand the CPI. That's *yawn*... not surprising.

  6. #2076
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is going right in the old memory bank with "Inflation is "irrelevant" for wages".

    I could not make this up, I am just not deluded enough.
    Pathetic ad hominems are pathetic.

    So a basket of goods is required to measure inflation, always? Do tell?

  7. #2077
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    How would you suggest we alter this?
    There are plenty of regulations and compliance rules in the Federal Register which needs repealing.

  8. #2078
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,253

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    No one disputes that, but it's manufacturing output is still lower.
    In terms of GDP, yes. However, the U.S. is primarily a service orientated economy. In terms of total manufacturing, the U.S. is still no.1 (China's manufacturing sector has contracted as of late, pushing the U.S. back to no.1).


    In monetary terms, manufacturing output is very high, but as a portion of GDP it's very low.
    You are moving the goalposts. I am not arguing that U.S. manufacturing as a % of GDP is high, so trying to make it the focal point of your response is questionable.

    Manufacturing is on a global decline, but America is really losing ground on this particular area.
    It is referred to as economic convergence. Industrialization just happens to be the particular path.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #2079
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    There are plenty of regulations and compliance rules in the Federal Register which needs repealing.
    Well, that was rather generic. A more specific "generalization" might help one to understand your point...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #2080
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    Actually the BMI is used by economist and individuals in the financial industry all over the world to measure inflation.
    You keep telling yourself that, I won't stop you.



    The item is the medium. The metric is the formula used to determine the currency's value. Sounds like someone doesn't understand the CPI. That's *yawn*... not surprising.
    Hon....PPP is not CPI, single data point is not CPI, the effect of value added taxes are not part of CPI, the effect of differing levels of inflation between countries is not in the CPI.....but all of those items are in the BMI.

    But you go on with your beloved BMI, I won't stop you.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •