Page 203 of 215 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #2021
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, they DID fall, they have barely recovered to 2008 levels, you already acknowledged a gap of years of gains.....or is your argument that time stood still?
    It did for Unit Labour Cost. The argument is that Unit Labor cost are generally at 2007/2008 levels and has hovered at these levels since.They are stagnant at these levels with no significant changes.

    Again, my point still stands.

  2. #2022
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, the two trajectories of wage increases are nearly identical, the growth is slightly less inclined... and the gap (caused by the recession) is anything but irrelevant, it represents a real setback in wage gains. The real issue is that you are focusing on average, whereas the gains for lower incomes is nearly flat, that gains are being realized more by top earners. I know that the gap won't be "bridged", I never made that claim, it is straw argument. The fact that you admit the gap will not be realized is not a point for you or your argument.
    I never created a strawman for you, but you did for me. I am not focusing on the wages of any particular income earner. Just wages overall. Wages have not fallen. At all. There are modest increases in wages shown by my second chart which you have conveniently ignored, but employees are not receiving less compensation.

    Whether or not these wages can keep up with inflation is irrelevant. Whether or not there is a real setback is irrelevant. If anything, wage increases has just re-calibrated back to the norm

  3. #2023
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    It did for Unit Labour Cost. The argument is that Unit Labor cost are generally at 2007/2008 levels and has hovered at these levels since.They are stagnant at these levels with no significant changes.

    Again, my point still stands.
    You are arguing out of both sides of your mouth, on one side you say wages did not fall and time stood still, wages are increasing......and on the other side you say labor costs (wages) are "stagnate".

    Your "point" keeps changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #2024
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    Whether or not wages cannot keep up with inflation is irrelevant. Employment compensation has not fallen and there is no downward trend.

    [CENTER]






    Unit Labour Cost is higher than Pre-Recession Trends:




    I already have those:



    If they don't keep up, there is a downward trend.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #2025
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    I never created a strawman for you, but you did for me.
    You certainly did, you implied I thought that the gap in wage increases would be "bridged". I know they won't, the loss is still being absorbed.


    I am not focusing on the wages of any particular income earner. Just wages overall.
    I know that, that is why I pointed out your reliance on averages.


    Wages have not fallen. At all.
    Your read it here first: Real wages fell 0.2% in 2012, down from $295.49 (1982-84 dollars) to $294.83 per week, according to the 2013 Economic Report of the President. Thus, a 1.9% increase in nominal wages was more than wiped out by inflation, marking the 40th consecutive year that real wages have remained below their 1972 peak.

    Read more: Real Wages Decline Again


    There are modest increases in wages shown by my second chart which you have conveniently ignored, but employees are not receiving less compensation.
    In real terms, they have....and you are still ignoring that time does not stand still.

    Whether or not these wages can keep up with inflation is irrelevant. Whether or not there is a real setback is irrelevant. If anything, wage increases has just re-calibrated back to the norm
    Wow, time stands still AND inflation is irrelevant...again and again.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #2026
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    It is the point. It's really not surprising you both have missed it, which is why I took the liberty of showing a graph. The percentage changes regarding has dropped and risen all within the past 5 years. There is no decrease, it's stagnant. Labour cost has not decreased from it's trend, at all. Labour Cost are higher than they've ever been along with Corporate Profits. The notion that one recent quarter changes anything is pretty nonseasonal.

    You're very wrong.
    But there is. If I can't, and my buying power is less, than it has dropped. But move on to the other points, if you can.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #2027
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonTania View Post
    Wages have not fallen. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #2028
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, So then explain what the "transformation" that today's progressive liberals are searching for then.
    Ideologues of both sides don't see the big picture. The pendulum here tends to swing back and forth. We get into real trouble each time one side wins it all. And it has happened both ways more than a few times. Republicans lost because they got all the power and abused it. Democrats have done the same. The push and pull needs to be there, but it needs to be somewhat civil (which is missing today). It is in the compromises that our best work is found.

    Other than that, I'm not sure I can answer your question, as Im not speaking of any transformation. I concede both sides have their zealots. But by and large, moderates win the day most often. So, the extremes are of little concern (outside of them poisoning the well so to speak).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #2029
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are arguing out of both sides of your mouth, on one side you say wages did not fall and time stood still, wages are increasing......and on the other side you say labor costs (wages) are "stagnate".

    Your "point" keeps changing.
    Now I see where the problem lies: its your comprehension. I don't know what you think unit labour cost are but they're not wages. Not just wages anyway. Its employee compensation divided by per output. It involves direct cost (wages, capital, inventory) and indirect cost (Utilities, maintenance, etc) Employee compensation (wages and salary accruals) are a completely different metric.

    What I said was employee compensation has not fallen. Which they have not. I also said that time has stood still for unit labour cost, which basically means they are stagnant. Take the time to re-read what I said, as nothing as been altered or changed.

    So thanks. We can conclude that you've wasted a great deal of time.
    Last edited by AmazonTania; 07-29-13 at 01:14 PM.

  10. #2030
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New York/London
    Last Seen
    07-29-13 @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    76

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And what occupation wages does this cover? Do you have a primary source for this data?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •