Page 191 of 215 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1901
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have, you simply cannot admit you are wrong on any issue even when proven wrong.
    I do when I am. But you're not reading all of it. Not addressing the point at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1902
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You make several.

    First, you arrogantly believe that you know my argument to the point that you take liberties with changing it to what you want to argue instead of addressing what I said. That sir, is called setting up a straw man argument, and fallacious.

    Second, you completely set up in your straw man what it is that I never said, or compared, that is projection.

    And third, you set up some false comparison with China which I never talked about, and can only conclude that you came up with not me. So, you'll excuse me if I let you argue your argument with yourself....

    If you'd like to talk about it honestly, then feel free to actually address what I said, other than that, I am sure your debate with yourself would be interesting....If you're a psychiatrist that is.
    No, I gave you an argument. I spelled out how it really works when government runs the show. You made an either or fallacy, and one based on misinformation to boot.

    Go back and read what you wrote. Find something you honestly think wasn't addressed. Present it. Then read what I wrote and try to address one point. Just one.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1903
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do when I am. But you're not reading all of it. Not addressing the point at all.
    Then tell me where I am wrong?

    As different parts of China have very different standard of living, China has not, in the past, set one minimum wage for the entire nation. Instead, the task of setting minimum wages is delegated to the local governments. Each province, municipality, or region sets its own minimum wage in accordance with its own local conditions. However, a law approved February 2013 will mandate a nationwide minimum wage at 40% average urban salaries to be phased in fully by 2015

  4. #1904
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    LOL. Yeah no. Sorry but getting any doctorate degree does not take 12-16 years. Masters programs are two years and most doctorate programs are 3. MD school is 4 years, so someone could be nearly be done with their doctorate program (after getting their masters) before a medical student even begins residency. Not to mention, the sheer amount of rigor one has to endure to required to become a doctor has very, very few comparisons. Just the fact that you posted a website list any old doctorate degree as a response to my question seems to indicate to me that you are in no position to be making value judgments on what a doctor is or isn't worth.
    Doctorates are what doctors get. And many of those listed also have years of learning after their doctorates. Doctors are not special.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1905
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Says who ? A online ideologue who doesn't possess the humility and honesty to critique his own party ?

    Obama's signature legislation has caused the largest increase in part time employment in our Nations History.

    Millions have been introduced to a new reality in America. Chronic Joblessness and dependemce and hey, you had a hand in it all.

    Since 2008 you guys have been on the defensive and for good reason, because you people screwed this nation.
    I've linked things before. Do some research and get back to me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1906
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe I am off base, but the scourge of progressivism has too been ongoing since then.
    An opinion i don't care to comment on (it is off topic!).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #1907
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If you ever managed anything or had any personal responsibility in dealing with actual people you might understand the concept of intervention.
    Wow just wow....the mighty one has spoken

  8. #1908
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then tell me where I am wrong?
    As I told you, in the column ip from your link to the right:

    There is sector minimum wage in reality but no national one.


    In that column, from your link, they talk of the reality versus the claim. I asked you to read it all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1909
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    No......
    When Bush "came into office" did he operate on a budget until 1 Oct (the new fiscal year) that Clinton had left him with? The answer is of course yes.

    The deficit for that fiscal year was 133 billion and represented a huge downward spiral from the previous year which was plain as day indicative of how bad the economy was becoming. Bush coming into office on a "balanced budget" is a fairy tale.

  10. #1910
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    When Bush "came into office" did he operate on a budget until 1 Oct (the new fiscal year) that Clinton had left him with? The answer is of course yes.

    The deficit for that fiscal year was 133 billion and represented a huge downward spiral from the previous year which was plain as day indicative of how bad the economy was becoming. Bush coming into office on a "balanced budget" is a fairy tale.
    Yes, it went bad before Bush took office. And it got worse before Obama took office. None of those presidents controlled the economy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •