Page 188 of 215 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1871
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Minimal effect. I've already shown you both historically and through studies that they have minimal effect. Remember, that's when you ran away last time, going off on leadership and liberals.
    You really are nuts obviously never running a business or investing your own cash into a business. I feel sorry for so called experts like you who are book smart but street stupid. Your textbooks have created robots like you who have no concept of human behavior including your own

  2. #1872
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Amazing, man, because the trust fund has a surplus ignores the reality that that surplus has targeted obligations and is owed to someone, probably including you. It really is sad that you and others continue to lack understanding of the purpose of SS, the funding for SS, and how that contribution has been stolen by politicians
    mortar372.jpg

    All the more reason throw the cap away.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #1873
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    QUOTE Conservative

    Again, raising the cap rewards bad behavior.
    Only in wingerland is it considered bad behavior to pay your bills.


    Your contributions were spent on something other than the intent.
    So was my dough that was/is fighting needless wars.The dough still has to be sent off to China every month because WE OWE THE DAMN MONEY.


    Where is your outrage? Your answer is to have the high end pay for that irresponsibility?
    Why are you against the millionaire paying the same % of his income in payroll tax as the middle class.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #1874
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you don't think govt. policies affect the economy and economic activity? Are you really this nave? No wonder this country is in a mess, you cannot even admit that Obamanomics affects the economy.
    Under Bushonomics it doesn't because everything is rosy then!

    Despite the negative 9% in GDP and an assest loss of 14 trillion and a trillion dollar deficit. Oh and a financial sector teetering on insolvency. Yeah those were the good days.

  5. #1875
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really are nuts obviously never running a business or investing your own cash into a business. I feel sorry for so called experts like you who are book smart but street stupid. Your textbooks have created robots like you who have no concept of human behavior including your own
    There you are running again. Deal with the issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1876
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which is all meaningless. He can't control the economy. He and others just need you believing he can so he can take credit when it eventually improves. Politicians use this to lead sheep.

    And frankly, if he was a republican, you'd be swallowing it whole.
    He can't control the economy? That's your talking point now?

    If that's true than why did he waste 787B with his failed Stimulus Plan? Why was his economic team projecting 6% and below unemployment if we passed his stimulus if he couldn't control the economy? So he lied right? You were fooled right? That 787B was a massive robbery right?

    You and your pals are out of ideas and out of talking points. You're reduced to "If he was a Republican, you'd support it" nonsense. I don't play that game anymore. I dislike both Republicans and Democrats. If a Republican was doing what Obama is doing to this country, I'd be demanding his impeachment. You're still lost in the Left/Right reality TV show. WA is like the WWE. Behind closed doors they are all back slapping each other while they enable Wall Street to rob you blind. It's time for you to wake up to what's really going on.

    Obama's speech was scripted and rehearsed nonsense. He's like one of those wrestlers giving one of their speeches in the WWE. Whenever I see his supporters on here pretending it's still Hope and Change 2008 I just shake my head. It's sad.

  7. #1877
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Only in wingerland is it considered bad behavior to pay your bills.




    So was my dough that was/is fighting needless wars.The dough still has to be sent off to China every month because WE OWE THE DAMN MONEY.




    Why are you against the millionaire paying the same % of his income in payroll tax as the middle class.
    Learn what your tax dollars fund and then we can have at least an honest discussion. SS was never supposed to be on budget and was taken and spent period. So rather than solve the problem you want to reward that behavior by raising taxes. How typical.

  8. #1878
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Under Bushonomics it doesn't because everything is rosy then!

    Despite the negative 9% in GDP and an assest loss of 14 trillion and a trillion dollar deficit. Oh and a financial sector teetering on insolvency. Yeah those were the good days.
    Aw, yes, and Obama saved us by doing exactly what?

  9. #1879
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There you are running again. Deal with the issue.
    I have, you simply cannot admit you are wrong on any issue even when proven wrong.

  10. #1880
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Feel free to point out any errors.
    You make several.

    First, you arrogantly believe that you know my argument to the point that you take liberties with changing it to what you want to argue instead of addressing what I said. That sir, is called setting up a straw man argument, and fallacious.

    Second, you completely set up in your straw man what it is that I never said, or compared, that is projection.

    And third, you set up some false comparison with China which I never talked about, and can only conclude that you came up with not me. So, you'll excuse me if I let you argue your argument with yourself....

    If you'd like to talk about it honestly, then feel free to actually address what I said, other than that, I am sure your debate with yourself would be interesting....If you're a psychiatrist that is.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •