Page 185 of 215 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1841
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh my goodness, this is getting stupid!

    When you want to find out how large a thing is in comparison to the whole....YES VIRGINIA, YOU ADD ("LUMP") ALL OF THE ITEMS TOGETHER AND DIVIDE THE "THING" (INTEREST) BY THE "LUMP".

    SO FRIGGING SAD
    Do you have a point? What was the fourth largest budget expense item in the chart you showed? Remember SS and Medicare aren't budget expense items per se, they are intergovt. holdings and part of the unified budget but are funded separately.

  2. #1842
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As an Obama supporter you must be so proud.

    The Architect of Destruction
    mmm okay Whats the price of tea in China?

    One more time:

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Since Google is your friend, suggest you Google regulations in China as well and you will find that there are numerous regulations most on private business that is in direct conflict with the govt. controlled business operations
    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660
    So your position is that even China's regulation is too much?

  3. #1843
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    mmm okay Whats the price of tea in China?

    One more time:
    More than the minimum wage in China. Now can we get back to the thread topic?

  4. #1844
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you have a point? What was the fourth largest budget expense item in the chart you showed? Remember SS and Medicare aren't budget expense items per se, they are intergovt. holdings and part of the unified budget but are funded separately.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL


    ".....SS and Medicare are not "line items"....but I included them anyway....just to show I have absolutely no consistency in any argument I make"

    Your arguments are such an absolute waste of everyone's time.

    What an embarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #1845
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL


    ".....SS and Medicare are not "line items"....but I included them anyway....just to show I have absolutely no consistency in any argument I make"

    Your arguments are such an absolute waste of everyone's time.

    What an embarrassment.
    You will do anything you can to divert from the Obama record but that isn't going to happen. The current debt service on the debt is approximately 250 billion and going up. That is a huge amount that would be better served actually "helping" people as Obama claims he wants to do. You don't seem to grasp the concept of debt service at all and because you claim it is such a low percentage of the total ignores first the size of the total and then the amount. That is true liberalism, you must be so happy with the Obama economic results.

  6. #1846
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ezra Klein? LOL. Bozo the Clown carries as much weight as that leftist does. He's nothing more than spin from the Whitehouse without the title.

    Now, if the US Treasury paid the SSTF money an account in the SSTF gets a credit. An account from the US Treasury gets a debit. What's the net? If there was a surplus and something got paid or a debt reduced, a lower negative balance would show up in the bottom line at the US Treasury. Never happened during the Clinton years. The "surplus" was and is a line of horse hockey spun by people that know better to get people that don't know better to buy into their line of spin. What's amazing is people will with a straight face say they believe things that came from Clinton when they know good and well the truth has absolutely no meaning to him. Never did.

  7. #1847
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you and Boo don't believe China has a minimum wage? Just goes to show how brainwashed some Obama supporters have become

    China Minimum Wage from January to July 2013



    You are funny. But you may want to read this page from your link closer.

    Wageindicator.org - Global Salary Info: Minimum Wages, Salary Survey, Gender Pay, Salary Check FAQs on Minimum Wages in China

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1848
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    First, its the US Budget. The budget is authored and controlled by Treasury, which is a part of the administration. Second, the numbers you posted are not the deficit, its the debt. They are not the same thing. Though changes in debt are loosely correlated to the deficit, when cash comes into the treasury, it goes into the cash account. You would have to look at the entire federal balance sheet and do a funds flow to directly reconcile changes in debt to deficit.

    We are back to the same thing.... Clinton ended his presidency with essentially a balanced budget; Bush turned that balanced budget into $1T+ deficits; Obama has not been about to fully turn around those deficits (though they are back to late Bush presidency levels). Though the debt is up during the Obama administration, the deficit infrastructure, which is driving the debt, was set a decade ago.

    No, the federal debt existed when Bush assumed office, but we had no deficits. You keep using debt and deficit interchangeably. You do understand the difference, do you not, plebe?
    Pardon me while I don't take your word for it. The US treasury says otherwise and I'll stick with them. If the debt grows while Clinton is the president, he was running a deficit. A quick look at the US Treasury web site shows he ran a deficit each and every year he was president as the federal debt grew larger each year. Pretending he left things all rosy for Bush is not even close to the truth as I have already shown as well. The deficit was starting to skyrocket again as Clintons luck with the dot com boom ran out and his earlier tax hikes on the working stiffs couldn't be covered up with a once in a lifetime business boom.

    You do understand when debt grows larger you are running a deficit, do you not?

  9. #1849
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I didn't say you couldn't find a revisionist view. I asked if you believed I couldn't find a link that said the opposite.
    Look man it's simple. The facts are the facts. You and Kushinator are pretending like Obama is still campaigning. That it's Hope and Change 2008. That premise doesn't pass the laugh test any longer. You're acting like Obama's the only guy who can fix this mess. He's not. Watch his speech. It was pathetic. It's clear Obama has no answers. All ever does is campaign. He doesn't govern. Our horrible economy is a product of that. This is like the 10th time Obama has said he's going to focus on the economy. It's become a cartoon. You risk making yourselves a cartoon by not holding your elected leader accountable for his actions. It may already be too late.

    Obama's economic record is a disaster. This recovery measured against every other recovery in history has been the worst since The Great Depression. All the Ezra Klein/Jay Carney spin in the universe cannot put enough lipstick on that pig

  10. #1850
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Look man it's simple. The facts are the facts. You and Kushinator are pretending like Obama is still campaigning. That it's Hope and Change 2008. That premise doesn't pass the laugh test any longer. You're acting like Obama's the only guy who can fix this mess. He's not. Watch his speech. It was pathetic. It's clear Obama has no answers. All ever does is campaign. He doesn't govern. Our horrible economy is a product of that. This is like the 10th time Obama has said he's going to focus on the economy. It's become a cartoon. You risk making yourselves a cartoon by not holding your elected leader accountable for his actions. It may already be too late.

    Obama's economic record is a disaster. This recovery measured against every other recovery in history has been the worst since The Great Depression. All the Ezra Klein/Jay Carney spin in the universe cannot put enough lipstick on that pig
    You're switching to something else yet again.

    But, only a government like China can control their economy. No US president has that control. If you believe residents do, you're part of the problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •