Page 168 of 215 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2145

Thread: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

  1. #1671
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just goes to show how inefficient the govt. is that you want to expand powers to but only when Democrats control the govt. Name for me a future obligation that the govt. has other than SS and Medicare that are insolvent? You are easily confused by budget items vs. long term obligations, just like you were confused about the Bush budget deficits and Bush budget that was never signed until Obama signed it in 2009
    Your whole current defense of the false idea that SS/MC is "insolvent" is based upon long term obligations. It is false accounting, but that is how you believe you "win", by deceit.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #1672
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Your whole current defense of the false idea that SS/MC is "insolvent" is based upon long term obligations. It is false accounting, but that is how you believe you "win", by deceit.
    I only wish I was as much of an expert on everything as you think you are. You really don't have a clue what you are talking about but that doesn't stop you from talking. Where is the money going to come from to pay those IOU's that in your world aren't long term obligations?

  3. #1673
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No it isn't, try to start a business in China. workers always have a voice here and they can use that voice not to take a job
    If you're one of the elite, as you support here, no problem. Start away. There will be no regulations. No minImum wage. No healthcare. Your dream world. China.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1674
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you're one of the elite, as you support here, no problem. Start away. There will be no regulations. No minImum wage. No healthcare. Your dream world. China.
    Vs the world you want it to be, please explain what the "racist" Thomas Sowell meant when he said the following:

    “I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

    ― Thomas Sowell, Barbarians inside the Gates and Other Controversial Essays
    "It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."

  5. #1675
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I only wish I was as much of an expert on everything as you think you are. You really don't have a clue what you are talking about but that doesn't stop you from talking. Where is the money going to come from to pay those IOU's that in your world aren't long term obligations?
    Changing the topic is concession of the point.

    The article is replete with falsehoods, I showed just a very easily refuted one.

    Hint: Stop using articles from investment bankers about how great it would be for them if they could get their hands on SS dollars to argue against SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1676
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Changing the topic is concession of the point.

    The article is replete with falsehoods, I showed just a very easily refuted one.

    Hint: Stop using articles from investment bankers about how great it would be for them if they could get their hands on SS dollars to argue against SS.
    NO, what the article shows is how easily someone like you is brainwashed by an ideology that makes no sense and as long as you simply throw money at the problem that is good enough for you. There is nothing in that article that is wrong and the fact that you say it is wrong just gives it more credibility. It is going to take cash and borrowing to pay those obligations and that it the new reality.

  7. #1677
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Vs the world you want it to be, please explain what the "racist" Thomas Sowell meant when he said the following:
    No one is doing this. You want the government in control. Factually, and remember this, if the government is in charge, there are no regulations, no minimum wage, China. We have those things not because government s in charge, but because those who work and have a stake fight for them. To have what you ask for, what you quote above, we'd have to be China. You just don't see the situation clearly. But I am trying to get through to you.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1678
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    NO, what the article shows is how easily someone like you is brainwashed by an ideology that makes no sense and as long as you simply throw money at the problem that is good enough for you. There is nothing in that article that is wrong and the fact that you say it is wrong just gives it more credibility. It is going to take cash and borrowing to pay those obligations and that it the new reality.
    Um, the "borrowing" has been FROM the SSTF, it has alway been funded by "cash" called taxes....that EVERY earner has paid into.

    And the fact that you are clearly writing this last line in a future tense shows that even you understand that the SSTF is current.
    So not only do you admit to the inaccuracy of the article, you still contradict by saying there is nothing wrong with the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #1679
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No one is doing this. You want the government in control. Factually, and remember this, if the government is in charge, there are no regulations, no minimum wage, China. We have those things not because government s in charge, but because those who work and have a stake fight for them. To have what you ask for, what you quote above, we'd have to be China. You just don't see the situation clearly. But I am trying to get through to you.
    No, I didn't vote for Obama. I have more faith in the American worker than you do as I believe they will generate what they actually deserve in pay and benefits. You don't want the pay offered, then don't take the job. Why did you take your job? Are you that much smarter than everyone else? Minimum wage isn't the business of the government as we have laws against abuse of the worker.

  10. #1680
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: U.S. Adds 195,000 Jobs; Unemployment Remains 7.6%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, the "borrowing" has been FROM the SSTF, it has alway been funded by "cash" called taxes....that EVERY earner has paid into.

    And the fact that you are clearly writing this last line in a future tense shows that even you understand that the SSTF is current.
    So not only do you admit to the inaccuracy of the article, you still contradict by saying there is nothing wrong with the article.
    Good, borrowing from the SSTF means what exactly? how is it going to be paid back with fewer workers and growing expenses? That so called funding you are talking about has led to trillion dollar deficits. There is no cash to fund those IOU's and the sooner the light bulb goes off the sooner we can correct the problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •